2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Yax and I have recently come across this website while looking for solutions and help regarding my Chrysler Pacifica. 6 months ago, I purchased a Pacifica Minivan for the first time in my life (coming from brands such as Toyota and Honda strictly) and the car has been so much better for me and my family compared to the Odysseys and the Siennas but, oh. my. lord. We've got a problem.

** Car Specs **

• Chrysler Pacifica Touring L - 2021
  • Cold Weather Package
  • S Appearance Package
  • Tri-Pane Sunroof
  • 360 Surround View Camera

Typically the way our family works is the biggest car at home stays in the garage, protected from the environment. Normally, this also means the biggest car tends to be the minivan as it's the most suitable car for traveling with family. Because of this, we did not experience any water leaking through the ceiling as the car was always under the garage and rain/snow wouldn't accumulate over the car. Fast forward to 5-6 weeks ago (last week of June, early week of July) we noticed there was some leaking inside of the car, specifically the right middle passenger seat had water dripping from the ceiling from some type of port that I'm not entirely sure of what it's there for. I'm sure it's necessary.

After noticing, I immediately contacted my service department from where I purchased the vehicle in hopes for them to look and maybe even fix the issue. It's a severe issue because you know, it's a family vehicle!!! Chances are, kids will be sitting in the car and that too, very often!!! They had given me an appointment over 3 weeks out on the 8th of August out into the future. This car is still under warranty and it looks to be a factory issue but they asked me to still pay a deposit and with weather as unpredictable as it is in the the general area around Chicago, massive storms can appear within an hour and disappear in the next one. This is exactly what happened. Not once, not twice, not three times!!! BUT FOUR TIMES!!!!!!

Today, at the time of writing this, another rain storm had came by and while driving, the car started to leak from that exact area. I've attached images to this post so hopefully visibility is clearer to anyone reading this.

Our appointment was further pushed back to August 30th due to their "service centers being busy." As much as I respect the hard workers at the service center, I can't shake the feeling off that some manager or a higher up staff member would be purposely trying to push off the appointment date as much as possible the the technicalities and my legal rights to claim the car as a lemon would become invalid. But this is speculation and I want to hope for the best in people.

When running bigger trips and having to cancel vacation plans or just a mundane run to the grocery, even having to outright goto a Honda Civic to be able to go out while it's raining is too big of a pain for a car worth as much as this Pacifica. Why should a car that we bought for ~$50,000 have an issue such as this compared to a car such as a Fiat that last us an amazingly long time and very reliably. The service center experience has been the worst for this as well. Once again, much love and respect for the service team but seriously!

It's highly unfortunate and I needed to get this out for help. I'm more worried about what damage could the leakage could cause to the right side sliding door, electrical issues, any other issues within the car. It's only been 6 months and I had hoped I could really keep this car for as long as possible. I still do in fact, it's just a better minivan compared to the Hondas and Toyotas. While I try to leave those two brands, I hope Chrysler aids me with this better and this could be put behind me.

** Attached Pictures for Reference (Another rain storm had come by, making this the 6th time ceiling has profusely started to leak 8/7/2022) **

Car Automotive design Fixture Vehicle Automotive exterior

Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Mode of transport Vehicle door

·
Registered
481 Posts
Lemon law

Look up the rules for your state. If they don't fix it within X period it's a buy back. If they can't fix it with Y tries it's buyback.

Leaks are no joke, mold, etc.

Probably a situation where you need to call a lemon law attorney and ask them how to deal with refusal to repair.

The usual method is just drop the car at the dealer and refuse to drive it file 30 days and then file complaint with the state.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
So I’m going to give you the real answer (removed by moderator) , you have to give the manufacture the ability to resolve the problem . So before you go into lemon law hyper mode , as stated by the responses above , giving you some info as to why and what is leaking is the most helpful . You have potential for your sunroof drain tunes to be blocked , your roof rails also have potential to be letting in water . So know that any water in your dual pane roof has to be routes to the drain tubes . So if the tubes are misrouted and or blocked the water will pool and backup and drain over the sunroof mechanism . Your roof rack rails . If so equipped , may also be letting water in as they secured to the inner roof . Your dealer needs to drop the headliner and water test the rails as well as the drain tubes . I’ve attached a few pics so you have some idea of what the problem is . Hope this helps you, information of your problem is much more relevant than jumping into something that requires due process . Just know that any spillage on your carpets , your hvac system in car has ability to be a mold receptor. This forum is help people about problems , procedures, process and resolution is part of the process , hence the warranty . Good luck Font Parallel Circle Screenshot Number
Engineering Auto part Font Drawing Automotive window part

·
Registered
481 Posts
you have to give the manufacture the ability to resolve the problem
The issue as I mentioned is OP is in Illinois and their lemon law is 1 year or 12,000 miles.

OP is afraid the dealer is trying to stall so it passes that period since they pushed out the repair appointment by 2 whole months already.

OP is right to be worried. I'd be raising heck if they pushed repair out by 1/6th of the lemon law period. Especially since theu habe to let them repair it 4 times. If it takes 2 months each time that's 8 months, well beyond the 12 month period.

Full law is here:

It does specify providing written notice about the defect. I'd figure out who to notify via certified mail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts