2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pac Tour L; 1970 XR7 conv
34 Posts
The story posted above says the plant will be down through the end of June.

The Windsor union webpage says the plant will be down for the full week of June 28th. So no opening before July 5th at the earlier.

Interesting that other Stellantis plants that make higher margin vehicles are working (like Brampton on 6 days per week). So they do have many chips, just not enough to make full production and have chosen not to make any mini-vans; and no mention of that in their press release in the story.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Interesting that other Stellantis plants that make higher margin vehicles are working (like Brampton on 6 days per week). So they do have many chips, just not enough to make full production and have chosen not to make any mini-vans; and no mention of that in their press release in the story.
That's not interesting at all. Stellantis has a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders to maximize profits. They could be sued if they didn't.

·
Registered
2021 Pac Tour L; 1970 XR7 conv
34 Posts
Stellantis has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits…. They could be sued if they didn't.
They have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit over the long term. They could not be sued successfully if, for example, they prioritize vehicle production to those with firm customer orders for the longest number of months to attempt to maximize repeat future sales - even if not the most profitable in near term.

They have this discretion and successful companies do things like that often, taking the long view.

They could also maximize near term profits by replacing good parts with much cheaper ones. But that would raise future warranty costs and customer dissatisfaction. So again near term profit is not the overriding goal of a smart company.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
241 Posts
They have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit over the long term. They could not be sued successfully if, for example, they prioritize vehicle production to those with firm customer orders for the longest number of months to attempt to maximize repeat future sales - even if not the most profitable in near term.

They have this discretion and successful companies do things like that often, taking the long view.

They could also maximize near term profits by replacing good parts with much cheaper ones. But that would raise future warranty costs and customer dissatisfaction. So again near term profit is not the overriding goal of a smart company.
I'm going to have to see how things shake out with my dealer, but you're correct in one regard. If I don't like the way they handle this situation I can assure you I will never buy another Chrysler product, despite owning 5 previous Chrysler vehicles. This will be the end of the line and last straw for me. I honestly hope they do the right thing because I ordered the vehicle I really wanted, but if they can't get it to me I have no other choice.

·
Registered
2021 TourL
123 Posts
More n more I'm happy I walked away from the factory order and grabbed one off the lot.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm going to have to see how things shake out with my dealer, but you're correct in one regard. If I don't like the way they handle this situation I can assure you I will never buy another Chrysler product, despite owning 5 previous Chrysler vehicles. This will be the end of the line and last straw for me. I honestly hope they do the right thing because I ordered the vehicle I really wanted, but if they can't get it to me I have no other choice.
Something tells me any manufacture is going down the same route and if you don’t go ahead with your purchase the guy behind you will buy it . I love when people come on here and say because I have 2-3 other cars and I’d they don’t build it I’ll never buy another one . Do you really think any manufacturer cares at all , it’s a industry problem and people either wait or buy something else on the lot . And believe me , the dealer won’t care either because they’ll take this vehicle and sell it to somebody else the day it arrives .

·
Registered
800 Posts
They have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit over the long term. They could not be sued successfully if, for example, they prioritize vehicle production to those with firm customer orders
Well, certainly they could be sued successfully.

Regardless, no one cares about the long term. All they're looking for is end of month, end of quarter results. Your "long term results" talk track makes for nice business school talk, but it's BS on the street. Nobody cares about long term results.

Certainly the argument about "but..but..firm orders! And those MAY BECOME repeat business!" Yeah, that whole "may become" thing--that's for the birds. Nobody cares a bit about that. The future doesn't exist. They care only about what's in their hands at the moment.

Welcome to the world.

Reactions: bitsco

·
Registered
800 Posts
I love when people come on here and say because I have 2-3 other cars and I’d they don’t build it I’ll never buy another one . Do you really think any manufacturer cares at all
absolutely agreed. 100%.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
241 Posts
Something tells me any manufacture is going down the same route and if you don’t go ahead with your purchase the guy behind you will buy it . I love when people come on here and say because I have 2-3 other cars and I’d they don’t build it I’ll never buy another one . Do you really think any manufacturer cares at all , it’s a industry problem and people either wait or buy something else on the lot . And believe me , the dealer won’t care either because they’ll take this vehicle and sell it to somebody else the day it arrives .
What an obnoxious answer. What makes you think that I believe Chrysler will care whether I buy the vehicle I ordered or someone else does? I didn't say that, you're just spinning it that way. What I did say though was that if my dealer doesn't accommodate me that I won't be buying another Chrysler again. I do actually hold Chrysler responsible for my vehicle not being built yet, they filled so many orders after my vehicle had all the parts accumulated and was scheduled to build. They had the opportunity but passed on it. Perhaps you have a comprehension issue. I need a vehicle for my vacation, so either the dealer will provide me a loaner vehicle for the week of my vacation or I will get my money back and purchase a different vehicle out of necessity. I think overall Chrysler dropped the ball here though. Now, will Chrysler shed a tear when I buy a Hyundai or a Kia instead, no, but if enough people do it, they will and if you haven't noticed, Chrysler is already teetering on the brink of extinction as it is.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Anybody who comes on any site and talks about suing because their potential build is paused due to parts shortages , stoppages , etc might need to read the contract that their signing prior to ordering a vehicle . The manufacture has the right to omit items ,packages and schedule the according to when they have all parts to complete the build. Anybody who would even think about this is just way out in left field , it’s a car it’s not the end of the world . #patience #plaindumb.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Anybody who comes on any site and talks about suing because their potential build is paused due to parts shortages , stoppages , etc might need to read the contract that their signing prior to ordering a vehicle . The manufacture has the right to omit items ,packages and schedule the according to when they have all parts to complete the build. Anybody who would even think about this is just way out in left field , it’s a car it’s not the end of the world . #patience #plaindumb.
Once again, you have a reading comprehension issue. No one said they were going to sue Chrysler because their car wasn't built due to a parts shortage. Someone did mentioned that Chrysler could be sued by their shareholders if they didn't proceed along the path that nets them the most profits, thus building their cash cow Jeeps and Rams before building less profitable Pacificas. To be honest, I almost hope you have some mechanical issues with your wonderful hybrid so you can be in the shoes of the same people you chastise here for their complaints. Maybe if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your trap shut! Also, like 70's Cougar mentioned, maybe you should get a life too!

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
Wow, this place is getting hot these days!
Indeed. This is crazy. There a lot of keyboard warriors on here unfortunately. Thread closed. You guys keep on talking to each other like this, I'm going to start thinning the herd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.