2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we push 1000hp outta her and still keep her plug-in; good mpg? Haha

In all seriousness, is it actually possible achieving a sleeper caravan without replacing everything or would you be better off doing the swap on something else?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

In all seriousness, is it actually possible achieving a sleeper caravan without replacing everything or would you be better off doing the swap on something else?
You're over three weeks late for April 1st jokes! :grin2:

Chrysler did announce yesterday that they will sell the Hellephant engine for about $29K, but that'd crowd under the hood pretty severely.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I thought it would be a struggle, but what is something spacious that you could upgrade without swapping out everything? I need the space of a larger vehicle. I would rather have this upgrade than awd lol... Obviously not the hybrid version, but an upgraded gas version that costs about the same as the hybrid version. Then I can save the earth with my hybrid version one and still feel like a man on my cruise on the weekend.XD

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well there’s always forced induction. No idea what the internals can withstand though. Problem is routing all the power through the two front wheels. Probably not a fun drive. But a good turbo setup should get pretty good gains. Trying to wedge the v8 Underhood would be a tough task. Especially without switching it to a longitudinal layout and rear wheel drive. But given enough time and money, anything is possible.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Anything is possible with enough time and $.

But given the size of that engine and the Pacifica's horizontally opposed FWD layout I'm fairly certain a RWD conversion would be in order and that just about everything would need swapped out or modded.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, RWD conversion would probably be a must. Not sure what the size of the new v8s is, but they are not small like an LS motor. You’d be cutting up a bit of floor to make it fit, but if you could fit it between the grille and the firewall, it wouldn’t be too terrible. But if the firewall needed to be modified, yikes! At least with the stow and go, there is probably room for the driveshaft and rear end without too much hassle. But the center console area would get butchered up a bit for the transmission.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Or....

Rip out everything behind the front seats back.

Insert new 1000hp RWD drivetrain behind front passengers

Convert now useless engine bay into a "frunk"

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts

Check out the 1000HP Bisimoto Odyssey...anything is possible !!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah I saw this one a few years back when top gear USA was still a show. Pretty cool. There was also a group of Honda engineers before that one that had built an odyssey to race in the one lap of America thing. And it was pretty badass. It actually handled as well.
If money were no object, I’d go the RWD conversion, or better yet, swap over the drivetrain from a trackhawk and go from there. Get the power and AWD to boot. That’s a better way to play with all the ponies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts