2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I purchased a brand new 2020 Pacifica Hybrid in June 2020. At 10,000 miles the electric hybrid system failed, the hybrid battery was no longer working. I was using all gas, all the time. I also no longer had heat in my car. I took it to my local Chrysler dealership on Feb. 2, 2021 and I was told I needed a "computer upgrade", which they claimed to do. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. So I took it back a week later and after much investigation on their part, and conversations with Chrysler headquarters, it was decided that my hybrid battery had failed and needed to be replaced. My local dealership requested a new battery from Chrysler (in Michigan) but apparently they are on back order. So they put me in a rental car... 9 weeks later I'm still in a rental car! I have a formal case now with the folks at the headquarters and they STILL have no ETA on when a new hybrid battery will be available. In my home state of Maryland, if a car has been inoperable for more than 30 days and has less than 18K miles on it, it is considered a lemon. At this point I want Chrysler to just buy back my vehicle. But they blow me off every time I express my dissatisfaction and request to have it bought back. I'm told to just wait for a new battery. I'm 9 WEEKS without my new vehicle. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? Any contacts for higher ups at Chrysler that I can talk to? I would prefer not to have to drag a lawyer into this but I just don't know what to do anymore.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
167 Posts
Hello. I purchased a brand new 2020 Pacifica Hybrid in June 2020. At 10,000 miles the electric hybrid system failed, the hybrid battery was no longer working. I was using all gas, all the time. I also no longer had heat in my car. I took it to my local Chrysler dealership on Feb. 2, 2021 and I was told I needed a "computer upgrade", which they claimed to do. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. So I took it back a week later and after much investigation on their part, and conversations with Chrysler headquarters, it was decided that my hybrid battery had failed and needed to be replaced. My local dealership requested a new battery from Chrysler (in Michigan) but apparently they are on back order. So they put me in a rental car... 9 weeks later I'm still in a rental car! I have a formal case now with the folks at the headquarters and they STILL have no ETA on when a new hybrid battery will be available. In my home state of Maryland, if a car has been inoperable for more than 30 days and has less than 18K miles on it, it is considered a lemon. At this point I want Chrysler to just buy back my vehicle. But they blow me off every time I express my dissatisfaction and request to have it bought back. I'm told to just wait for a new battery. I'm 9 WEEKS without my new vehicle. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? Any contacts for higher ups at Chrysler that I can talk to? I would prefer not to have to drag a lawyer into this but I just don't know what to do anymore.
If you push Chrsyler customer support to get to dispute management team beyond @ChryslerCares, thats where you need to escalate the case to get anywhere with lemon law cases. They might require waiting until the repair is complete, but I'm not sure it's necessary since they can call and talk to the dealership directly.

·
Registered
346 Posts
For your info. Pacifica is made in Ontario not Michigan :)

Reactions: 1tg1

·
Registered
24 Posts

As someone that formerly lived in MD I know it's the state with the highest percapita Lawyer representation in the entirety of the US. Should be pretty easy to find counsel there. Once you have representation I'm sure Chrysler will be more than agreeable.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
For your info. Pacifica is made in Ontario not Michigan :)
True, but I think she was referring to discussions with Stellantis North America (Chrysler) headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan where such decisions would be made. The Windsor factory just builds them for Stellantis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts