2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So many of these issues could be solved IF THER WAS LESS TO NO BACKUP LINE FOR NEEDED PARTS!
Cannot agree more. And to me it comes down to what a company is willing to do for its customers when unforeseen future circumstances puts the company in a situation where they may have to incur expenses to keep their customers happy.

I own a Chevy and Lexus and neither has issues giving out loaners. The Chrysler dealership is the only one that as a policy does not offer loaners. I saw that another post saying their dealership gave them a loaner so it's good to know my situation is not a nationwide policy.

One note to add is that in my experience issues with Pacifica hybrids are also not diagnosed properly the first time. Per my post above, dealership technicians are not trained or do not have the authority to perform the repairs unless they engage the STARS team from Chrysler. So it drags everything out because the decision on what to do next is being handled remotely by a team who is reading emails crafted by your dealership's technicians.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am having the same repair issue with my 2021 hybrid. Car just stalled in the middle of the highway bc it was having trouble switching between electric and gas. Been in the shop since June 4th and Chrysler is coming up with new things to investigate. From changing heater element to transmission. I DO have an issue with a van with less than 15K miles being in the shop this long and Chrysler having no clue what’s wrong. I paid for a rental for 10 days before switching to a dealer loaner. They closed my case on the rental side and have not reimbursed me yet.
Chrysler is usually good on mailing the check. Once the case is closed you should get it within 2 - 3 weeks. Make sure to call them if you don't.

May I ask where you are located? Nice that your dealer offered a loaner. I personally will really vet the dealership's service department out before making my next purchasing decision. And the policy on rentals will be a high priority item for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This sounds super painful, but if you have in writing from them that they will pay for the rental it would seem you have a great small claims case. I'd like to see them show up and argue how it's your problem that their representative told you something they didn't want them to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This sounds super painful, but if you have in writing from them that they will pay for the rental it would seem you have a great small claims case. I'd like to see them show up and argue how it's your problem that their representative told you something they didn't want them to.
I am contemplating it. More to see this through then to recoup the rental expenses.

Question for everyone in the know on this forum - how do I best request transcripts/notes on my case from Chrysler? Do I have a right to them as the customer or can they flat out refuse? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,943 Posts
I am contemplating it. More to see this through then to recoup the rental expenses.

Question for everyone in the know on this forum - how do I best request transcripts/notes on my case from Chrysler? Do I have a right to them as the customer or can they flat out refuse? Thanks in advance.
I would think that you have to start by contacting the same department, or agent if you can, and ask them how to get any transcripts.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't think there's any right for the information they have about you, except maybe as laid out in some privacy policy you may have signed at some point. Rules for discovery in small claims court cases also seem to vary widely from venue to venue, so that may or may not be an option.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We own a 2020 for 1.5 years, 30k. No issue other than the WiFi. The car pulls a little left and the original dealer pretended to do alignments but did not even changed the tire pressure. i found a second dealer that's far better. That being said, dealing with Ford and GM previously... it's the same story. Big companies who's employees clock in and out and don't care. I heard similar stories about Toyota and Tesla.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cannot agree more. And to me it comes down to what a company is willing to do for its customers when unforeseen future circumstances puts the company in a situation where they may have to incur expenses to keep their customers happy.

I own a Chevy and Lexus and neither has issues giving out loaners. The Chrysler dealership is the only one that as a policy does not offer loaners. I saw that another post saying their dealership gave them a loaner so it's good to know my situation is not a nationwide policy.

One note to add is that in my experience issues with Pacifica hybrids are also not diagnosed properly the first time. Per my post above, dealership technicians are not trained or do not have the authority to perform the repairs unless they engage the STARS team from Chrysler. So it drags everything out because the decision on what to do next is being handled remotely by a team who is reading emails crafted by your dealership's technicians.
Dealing with some of the same issues as many others on this forum - the "service charging system" error with vehicle shutting down on the highway. Dealership has been relatively helpful to this point. At least they provided a loaner. They know that the issue is the PIM/transmission. However, Chrysler/Stellantis is refusing to approve the ordering of the new parts since the check engine light code is not active. Since Chrysler Corp won't approve, the dealership is now saying I need to take the vehicle home and drive it until the check engine light comes back on. The problem is that when the light previously came on, we were driving 70 on the interstate. Given this is our only vehicle, I don't want to be driving around with my family and have it shut down somewhere that's even less safe than the interstate (like a construction zone with no shoulder). I have a claim in with FCA customer care, but they are extremely unhelpful. Any suggestions on how to make sure the work that the dealership knows must be done, actually gets done?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fail to understand why people want the Hybrid. Does it have something more than the small battery electric drive with a V6?

Noble idea but it’s only capable of 32 miles on electric and I think it’s really less maybe dependent on the weather. With just an overnight charge at home assuming you put in an L2 charger in the garage, your saving one way a buck a day over the ICE version. If your fortunate to charge at work or Wally World or the Mall shopping maybe $2 bucks on those days. Probably less with electric rates way up. We are talking the price of a Cumberland or a McCafe coffee if your lucky. Big whoop.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There's a large number of folks that drive < 30miles per day on average so for those folks, charging it at home overnight would most likely allow for pure electric running on the daily. Yes, gas prices are falling recently, but the cost to charge the vehicle is cents vs dollars with gas making it very economically enticing for those folks. Qualifying for the full tax credit brings the initial cost in-line if not less than an equivalent ICE version. You really get the best of both worlds, the fuel savings of an EV and the range of an ICE when the need arises.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
I fail to understand why people want the Hybrid. Does it have something more than the small battery electric drive with a V6?

Noble idea but it’s only capable of 32 miles on electric and I think it’s really less maybe dependent on the weather. With just an overnight charge at home assuming you put in an L2 charger in the garage, your saving one way a buck a day over the ICE version. If your fortunate to charge at work or Wally World or the Mall shopping maybe $2 bucks on those days. Probably less with electric rates way up. We are talking the price of a Cumberland or a McCafe coffee if your lucky. Big whoop.
My last 3 fill-ups. Yes, I will buy a third one when I decide to upgrade again. The Si-EVT is superior to the ICE 9-speed automatic transmission.

Product Font Communication Device Screenshot Gadget

Reactions: Skipper

·
Registered
32 Posts
My last 3 fill-ups. Yes, I will buy a third one when I decide to upgrade again. The Si-EVT is superior to the ICE 9-speed automatic transmission.

View attachment 51146
@ThisSuckersElectrical (haha on the screen name)

Looks like your in Cali from the gas prices. Paid $3.40 last week at BJs.
So you save $2-3US per day assuming electric rates aren’t sky high (yet) or your locked out charging off the grid.

Climate crisis politicians had to put billions into an “Inflation Reduction Act” now calling it as it is a Green New Deal spending, to entice consumers to consume forced EV mandates. It looks like Ford already gobbled it up on a timely price increase to cover their rising battery and component costs. Stelantis will surely follow.

So the Tax credit assuming it applies to this hybrid is probably baked in for 2023. Short window to take advantage before the price increases. Your saving 50% in fuel (Fool) savings if your daily commute/usage is 60miles (Gets you a Starbucks coffee), 25% at 120 miles per day.

Then you add the extra issues, recalls, and unobtanium parts of the PHEV like the OP and the other threads. Is the savings worth it? I say no but I’m not in CA. Extra benefit also where they allow EVs to ride the HOV lane, at least for now.

At least with the PHEV you don’t have range anxiety of a pure electric on long trips 👍. It has that virtue.

Just wondering, are the Hybrid V6 made in USA or Mexico?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

A car in the US is driven about 39 miles a day on average so a range of 32 miles is not bad considering you can charge it when you’re out an about or possibly while you work. Some people can still get electricity for less than 10 cents/kWh so Ty would save at least 2 dollars a day. That’s over 700 dollars a year. Also, you are splitting the wear and tear between two modes of motivation, the electric motors and the gas engine. The drivetrain should last longer on a hybrid than a gas Pacifica.

In addition to that, in case no one has noticed, the world is trying very hard to move away from fossil fuels. So each year that goes by I imagine gasoline will just get more expensive. We were fortunate in 2020 and 2021 that the pandemic reduced demand and caused gas prices to go down. Without the pandemic they would have surely gone up.

If you have solar panels on your house you can be somewhat self-sufficient and not rely on the electric utilities or the gas station. (A guy down the street from me is doing that)

And, the government has been offering a $7500 rebate if you buy a PacHy. I’d say this are some compelling reasons to buy a hybrid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A car in the US is driven about 39 miles a day on average so a range of 32 miles is not bad considering you can charge it when you’re out an about or possibly while you work. Some people can still get electricity for less than 10 cents/kWh so Ty would save at least 2 dollars a day. That’s over 700 dollars a year. Also, you are splitting the wear and tear between two modes of motivation, the electric motors and the gas engine. The drivetrain should last longer on a hybrid than a gas Pacifica.

In addition to that, in case no one has noticed, the world is trying very hard to move away from fossil fuels. So each year that goes by I imagine gasoline will just get more expensive. We were fortunate in 2020 and 2021 that the pandemic reduced demand and caused gas prices to go down. Without the pandemic they would have surely gone up.

If you have solar panels on your house you can be somewhat self-sufficient and not rely on the electric utilities or the gas station. (A guy down the street from me is doing that)

And, the government has been offering a $7500 rebate if you buy a PacHy. I’d say this are some compelling reasons to buy a hybrid.
Ihave a decent size solar system. I had to buy the solar panels and some of the equipment myself and pay a professional installer to get a decent price. Because why? The Solar companies had priced in your govt tax credit to their advantage. Since then Musk reduced his solar system cost by 30% last I checked and the other guys reduced their prices. Maybe he increased prices again with inflation and tax credits paid by you.

You want battery backup? Tesla won’t sell or even talk to you about a PowerWall if you have existing solar. New systems only. Try to find a battery system right now.

You want a PacHybrid better get one now before the prices all go up like Ford.

We still can’t live without fossil Fuels, use it while we have it. The technology will come, look at Tesla’s success. Even he admits we need fossil fuel. The high cost of fuel is self inflicted due to the current regime. We are all suffering needless pain.

I’m not commuting anymore. The workplaces don’t have chargers unless maybe in CA. Our office in CA has two and the dummies were constantly running out to move cars. Me I just revved the Hemi Charger rental there in the parking lot on business LOL.

I like the idea but not at what $65k?
The Western world is at peril because of the war on fossil fuel. Putin cut Germany and Europe of from nat gas. The coal plants are getting fired up and fertilizer MFG has halted at BASF. Hopefully people don’t freeze and starve.

Meanwhile China and Asia is burning coal and diesel like mad to make solar panels, battery, and just about everything else you need. They are still increasing C02 output except for the lulls from zero covid whole city shutdowns.

It’s folly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh yeah grid tied solar forgot to mention. The grid goes down, you go down. Solar array is in rapid shutdown mode so you don’t continue to power the grid. Better fire up the genny. Again at least the Hybrid can run on gas for days and hundreds of miles 👍
If I could use the hov for a commute in Cali I would buy one just for that. Time is money.

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Touring L
138 Posts
There's a large number of folks that drive < 30miles per day on average so for those folks, charging it at home overnight would most likely allow for pure electric running on the daily. Yes, gas prices are falling recently, but the cost to charge the vehicle is cents vs dollars with gas making it very economically enticing for those folks. Qualifying for the full tax credit brings the initial cost in-line if not less than an equivalent ICE version. You really get the best of both worlds, the fuel savings of an EV and the range of an ICE when the need arises.
And add that the PHEV drivetrain is so much more smooth and responsive than ICE version.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts