2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why choose when you can get 2 for 1?!

I laughed when I saw this and couldn’t resist taking a picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
They modded their lights somehow. The center trunk mounted tails don't light up for us.

*** If they were going to do this they should've gone all-in and replaced the pacifica badge with an odyssey one.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would have been happy if they simply replaced the engine of Pacifica with the one from Odyssey. :D. I don’t care whichever badge they placed on top in that car. That would be a best case scenario for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would have been happy if they simply replaced the engine of Pacifica with the one from Odyssey. :D. I don’t care whichever badge they placed on top in that car. That would be a best case scenario for me.

Suggest you prowl the Odyclub site and check out the engine problems and motor mount problems caused by their variable cylinder management and direct injection. Might change your mind about that.:frown2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Suggest you prowl the Odyclub site and check out the engine problems and motor mount problems caused by their variable cylinder management and direct injection. Might change your mind about that.:frown2:
You're right. And don't forget the mandatory timing belt replacement at about 100,000 miles, $1600. Honda keeps that silky smooth engine by using a rubber timing belt (as opposed to a chain belt). If the belt breaks, your engine is toast, $8000. You never want to risk toast.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

I was only referencing the silky smooth Honda V6 engine note. It’s kind of addictive to rev on. I had (and still have) several Honda and Acura cars and all have been wonderful in terms of engine experience. None had timing belt broken. Yes they had been changed at appropriate times. One time payment for replacement of belt is not a huge deal if that provides the smoothness for engine.
Okay. My previous statement was only a brain fart and not a bucket list.
I’m more than happy and satisfied with quality and features of my Pacifica so far. :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not a Pacifica owner just yet....later this year and it will be a Limited. I do own a 2011 Dodge Durango with the 3.6 V6 engine and now have 127,000 miles on this vehicle - original owner. My wife's vehicle is a 2006 Honda Accord with the 3.0 V6 engine and 120,000 miles - second owner. The cost for maintenance on the Honda has been far greater for us than that of the Dodge. At around 100,000 miles for the Honda we had to replace the timing belt, water pump, plugs, valve clearance adjustment....a spendy "normal" scheduled maintenance penalty for owning this Honda. Not so with the Dodge and I suspect, too, with the Pacifica. I love the Dodge/Chrysler engine and it has been a huge workhorse for my Durango from heavy towing to smooth highway driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
GDM
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing