2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a hard time getting use to the climate controls while in electric-only mode. Often I find myself just wanting to turn on the fan to get some fresh air. If I do this with the hybrid power flow screen up I see an instant 7kW draw from the climate system. I don’t want the heater on, I just want the fan. Is there no control for just the fan? If I hit the off button the system turns on, which seems very odd. I want an AC button, a heater button, a fan control, an Auto button, and control over the vents. I’m kind of sick of the system doing random stuff that wastes energy and causes the ICE to turn on, but I might be un-trained from my Hondas and Toyotas.. Am I missing something? Do I keep the heater off by setting the temp all the way low and not hitting the AC button? Does anyone have a flow chart of when (and in what modes) the heater, compressor, and re-circ baffle get energized? If I hit front defrost, does the compressor turn on without the AC light coming on?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the same issues.

My solution is to use the Auto button.. the trick is to have it on auto before you start the Van.

If you start, then press auto it powers up stuff the same as you experience. If the car starts on auto, it seems to come on slowly and does prevent ICE activation and provides heat in winter. Increasing the temps or exiting auto by changing air distribution will cause the same problems.

But when its preset, it seems to do a good job. Its like it thinks you want it NOW when you touch the heat controls and does the most drastic action to make it so.

It does work a lot slower in auto.. can be like ten minutes for the cabin temps to warm up in the cold.. it will pull climate power as it needs for your setting still but for me startups are usually around 3-5kW.

Only had one day that it was hot inside the van and the system seemed to need time to measure the temps before the fan came on.. Like maybe 2-3 minutes. But this is more of an impression I got than an observation.

I need more hot days under my belt.

Best cold startup climate power effeciency was then I was charging on L1, I would come to the car and find my coolant already at 19c when outside temp (garage) was 9c and the system wouldnt need climate power immediately to preheat, just sustain the temps.

Now L2 I find my coolant at 9c te same as the Garage. I'm sure this could be tuned for departure better if scheduling worked more reliably.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My observation is that there is no way to just bring the outside air in, without doing any temp modification to it. That is a failing. There should be a simple method to have it doing no conditioning to the temp. Every car I have ever owned I had that ability. This is by far the most expensive car I have ever owned, and it can't do this simple thing?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, maybe there should exist a "don't give a ****" temp setting that causes it to just blow air... ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
If you bought this vehicle solely for electric use than I think you purchased the wrong one . Want Ailey electric buy a Tesla X , want to dive a large vehicle for mileage buy a gas mileage , then buy a pacifica “ it’s a hybrid vehicle and not a full on electric “, I have no idea how people try and skimp on stuff to get a small amount of electric savings . Buy it , drive it , and use it how it was intenwdes to be used .

·
Registered
766 Posts
I’m getting 37 miles met gallon worth snow tires on and just using everything in auto mode . If 37 for winter driving isn’t good enough then that’s just a lil nuts .

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My observation is that there is no way to just bring the outside air in, without doing any temp modification to it. That is a failing. There should be a simple method to have it doing no conditioning to the temp. Every car I have ever owned I had that ability. This is by far the most expensive car I have ever owned, and it can't do this simple thing?
Hi Vantastic,

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to follow up via private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
766 Posts
The story is people are trying to circumvent the use of features to try and get a extra ounce of mileage , sad . I bet it’s same people that don’t use ac in summer and heat in winter .

·
Registered
72 Posts
actually, no, it doesn't have to do with mileage. I find it quite annoying that even though my set temp is 70 degrees, and it is less than 70 degrees in the cabin, that it starts blowing heat on me, because I am warm anyways regardless of what the set temp is. My caravan has no such issues, I just put it all the way cold and I don't have to think about it, unless I desire a change. That is not possible with this climate control system.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Drag the temperature bar all the way down to LO and the fan to 1 should work to bring in outside air .I've had success with the 2018 but haven't had much time to get it work in the 2020.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you bought this vehicle solely for electric use than I think you purchased the wrong one . Want Ailey electric buy a Tesla X , want to dive a large vehicle for mileage buy a gas mileage , then buy a pacifica “ it’s a hybrid vehicle and not a full on electric “, I have no idea how people try and skimp on stuff to get a small amount of electric savings . Buy it , drive it , and use it how it was intenwdes to be used .
Mind slowing down a bit and producing intelligible posts. My decoder ring is wearing out trying to follow this stuff..

Seriously.. on a friendly note, there’s an edit button! I post in a rush too, I’m busy.. have 3 active kids and work full time. I get it! But I also make an effort to clarify what I’m saying because its just not worth the time I spend otherwise.

In good old Canadian fashion, Thanks eh.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Mind slowing down a bit and producing intelligible posts. My decoder ring is wearing out trying to follow this stuff..

Seriously.. on a friendly note, there’s an edit button! I post in a rush too, I’m busy.. have 3 active kids and work full time. I get it! But I also make an effort to clarify what I’m saying because its just not worth the time I spend otherwise.

Well @CANADAHYBRIDGUY does have a well stocked bar, maybe it was a case of PWI* ;)

*(posting while Intoxicated)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

FYI Unfortunately the new forum setup limits the number of edits in a certain timeframe. I'm not sure what it is, but one week I wasn't allowed to edit a post since I'd made too many edits. So members should try to proofread posts when possible.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
FYI Unfortunately the new forum setup limits the number of edits in a certain timeframe. I'm not sure what it is, but one week I wasn't allowed to edit a post since I'd made too many edits. So members should try to proofread posts when possible.
Its true, thats not an edit issue. You cant just edit endlessly. You have a set amount of time and number of replies until it locks the post. Thats fair enough.. But I agree, the preview feature and proof reading your own posts should be the first line of quality control.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts