2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to buy in Michigan. Have found LTD we like for MSRP of 50,630 (sunroof, safety tech, theater). Dealer is offering national employee pricing which drops it to 48219. Tax (6%), title and doc fees then added to get to 51394. Chrysler financial is then offering a 5500 rebate and 0% financing for 60 months with nothing down for a final price of 45894. If you take off TTL (3,175) it's 42,719 which is 7,911 below MSRP (at 0% financing nothing down).

I asked about additional rebates if we paid cash and the rebates only go up by 1k (not worth it compared to 0% financing).

There doesn't seem to be any dealership rebates or discounts in here (though the over price isn't TERRIBLE base dkn other deals I've seen).

What are my chances of landing a 2-3k deership discount on top of this?

We've always leased so are a but new at new car purchase negotiation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
86 Posts
That seems like they aren't giving you a discount at all, most of us got at least 9K off MSRP. Everyone qualifies for those rebates (employee pricing, retail bonus cash and truecar are from FCA corporate so don't believe the dealer, they aren't actually discounting anything).
At the very least you should try to go through truecar website to see a variety of pricing for different dealerships with little effort for pacifica hybrid limited (use a junk email and phone number to avoid cold calls).
The website won't get the lowest possible pricing but at least they breakdown dealership discounts in your area and a starting point to come up with a realistic price you can stubbornly demand from a dealer (see which bite that want to sell).
Edmunds is a good starting point as well to understand how dealerships pricing works and how to get started. How to Negotiate Car Prices | Edmunds
Know what you want and price your willing to pay, and be willing to walk away if they try to upsell you or convince you they can't meet your price.
You'd be surprised as soon as you try to walk away how quickly their "final" offer will go down a bit further.
Happy hunting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like they aren't giving you a discount at all, most of us got at least 9K off MSRP. Everyone qualifies for those rebates (employee pricing, retail bonus cash and truecar are from FCA corporate so don't believe the dealer, they aren't actually discounting anything).
At the very least you should try to go through truecar website to see a variety of pricing for different dealerships with little effort for pacifica hybrid limited (use a junk email and phone number to avoid cold calls).
The website won't get the lowest possible pricing but at least they breakdown dealership discounts in your area and a starting point to come up with a realistic price you can stubbornly demand from a dealer (see which bite that want to sell).
Edmunds is a good starting point as well to understand how dealerships pricing works and how to get started. How to Negotiate Car Prices | Edmunds
Know what you want and price your willing to pay, and be willing to walk away if they try to upsell you or convince you they can't meet your price.
You'd be surprised as soon as you try to walk away how quickly their "final" offer will go down a bit further.
Happy hunting!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I should really be aiming for a 2k dealership discount in addition to the rest in order to get in that 9-10k off MSRP range. Are these 10k off MSRP deals with 0% financing. If you figure a 2% interest rate on 42k over 5 years that comes out to about 2k in interest. Just want to make sure 9-10k off MSRP WITH 0% financing is a reasonable goal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depends on the dealers and how interested they are in selling. Might be harder to get 10K total discount with 0% financing. Send that number out you want, see who comes back with the closest offers via email (could call if they seem serious) and go from there.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
127 Posts
mkaz311 is right on the money (pun intended)! Almost no dealer is going to immediately dig into their profits with a discount unless it's the end of the month to hit a quota, or it's 2021 and they still have 2020's on the lot. It sucks, but to get that extra discount, you have to pretend to play their game by going in, walking out, and coming back with "this other dealer will give me the same at X price, but it's not the color I want and is further away." and so forth. Yes, lying, just like they do. Feels icky, but might be worth $2k.

Finally, watch out for the "finance office bait-n-switch" where they say "oh, we include (undercoating, nitrogen in the tires, lipstick remover) on all our vehicles" (and it's $800 added) or they sell you an extended warranty for more than Zeigler (the online kings of mopar warranties) does. I literally walked out of the finance office when buying my PacHy and had the woman running down the hall after me saying "okay, okay, nothing will be added, just can you please not walk in front of the sales manager's office!" Lesson learned - the finance office is where they make most of their money (or make it back if the price was a great deal), and Chrysler 0% or "cash" sales (or pre-financed) make them almost none, but completely losing a sale at the point of signing paperwork is even worse... for the dealer.

Edit to add: I bought my 2020 PacHy Ltd in May and did all these tricks with 0% from FCA, and still ended up paying a bit more than the $42k you're quoted. But that was May, and the 2021's are getting ready to leave the factory now. It's a great van, BTW.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep, I only got my deal cause I negotiated my car sale and tradein separately. I allowed them to give me a terrible 3.5% APR on my financing even though I have near perfect credit so they would give me a large dealer discount (~$2.4K). Which of course they also claimed I needed to wait 90 days to pay off without penalty (I'm sure thats around when they get their kickback from the loan). To them it seemed win, win but little did they know I can read a contract and ask the bank so I just paid it off couple days later with no penalty, only $10 of interest charges (instead of almost $500 had I waited).
Always read the fine print, do the math and check the numbers before you sign anything in that finance office. Sales might "forget" to calculate your local county tax rate correctly so the OTD price meets your expectations but you'd owe when you attempt to register the vehicle.
You just never know what they might try to pull if they need/want to claw some money back on your sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I think this will come down to how pressed they are to move these vehicles right now. As the month goes on they might be more willing to add some dealership discounts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
All of the above is good info. What I like to do is figure out the out the door price before going in, including if I have a trade calculated in. If they can hit my OTD price, then its a deal, and I don't care what the makeup of trade allowance, vehicle price, and fees are ;)

The best tip I have though is that it can be frustrating on these forums to see the amazing deals that some people get, and then have trouble trying to get the same deal. The thing to keep in mind is that it is OK to pay a little more if you are getting EXACTLY what you want. Trim, color, options, etc - if it is EXACTLY what you want, who cares about an extra grand or 2 when you're in the $40K-$50K range.

Also consider the dealer: I honestly might have done a little better on my '19 wrangler and '20 pacifica at a dealer across the state. However, having a trade, I couldn't guarantee that, and It wasn't worth saving $500 to $1000 to drive 3 hours each way, when I had a pretty good deal at a dealer so close I could ride my bicycle there.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
318 Posts
Since you're in Michigan, get some quotes from Illinois and Indiana. The difference when paying cash or taking the 0% should be $2000, not $1000 because that's how much the rebate is. Also, there's a conquest rebate for leases as well. Try to get quotes from these dealerships through email. Let them know what leased vehicles you have and if that qualifies for loyalty or conquest rebates. Then you can use the quotes for the dealer near you.

·
Registered
2020 PacHy Limited | Maximum Steel | Tri-Pane Sunroof and Advanced Safety Tech
38 Posts
I’ll also wait closer to the end of the month. Dealerships might think about giving more dealership discounts when they realize the new Chrysler incentives aren’t helping them move units as quickly as they hope.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has your dealer tried getting back to you yet with more aggressive pricing? I found a pretty loaded up Limited S Red model for $52k+ that the dealer is advertising about $8500 off already. They've been a little slow about sending me a "best price" via email, but if $10k off is doable, I might bite tomorrow when we go look at it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A reasonable offer is one you'll accept, only you know what that is. I read all about awesome deals here but they're not relevant for our location, so irrelevant for us. It all depends on what the local competition looks like. And only you can decide how much you value money vs time haggling, driving thousands of miles etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't agree more above ^
Some data point I can share is right now there is about $3000+ dealers discount at this moment plus all the factory rebate and Family discount you qualify.
The dealer could add more on the discount by the end of the month for the last 1-2 left over but since not too many inventory 2020 still in the lot and 2021 come out in Nov, so the trade off will be you can't find the most desirable TRIM/Color at that moment with 1000-2000 more discount.
Wish everyone happy shopping.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited w/ Advanced SafetyTec
14 Posts
Just purchased Hybrid Limited with Advanced SafetyTec in Michigan for 42k out the door. It was all the standard incentives/rebates they had available and the $1000 off for using Chrysler financing. Looks like there was room to push for another $500 or so but overall happy with the purchase. The dealer didn't even have the vehicle on his lot and got it from different state so I suppose was not as motivated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just purchased Hybrid Limited with Advanced SafetyTec in Michigan for 42k out the door. It was all the standard incentives/rebates they had available and the $1000 off for using Chrysler financing. Looks like there was room to push for another $500 or so but overall happy with the purchase. The dealer didn't even have the dar on his lot and got it from different state so I suppose was not as motivated.

View attachment 44598
Hmm you could even do better if you find out what dealer he's getting it from and negotiating directly ;)
Your probably right he doesn't have as much room to negotiate with you since he has to pay to transfer/transport it from a different dealer out of state

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited w/ Advanced SafetyTec
14 Posts
Definitely digging the color
1602514348808.png 1602514370669.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Super useful info in this thread and throughout the forum - thanks all! With the milieu of constantly changing offers, rebates, and incentives, it can be a bit challenging to keep track. Anyone in the group have thoughts on this (cash) offer from a dealer in Colorado?

2020 Limited + advanced safety + sunroof + interior protection/mats + roadside kit
MSRP 51575 - 2468 employee discount = 49107 sale price + 399 "delivery & handling" fee - 7000 incentives = 42506 ($9069 or ~18% off MSRP) + taxes

breakdown of $7000 incentives:
$2000 national retail consumer cash 20cl1,
$500 trucar 44cl4,
$500 2020 retail bonus cash decla1,
$3000 national 2020 retail bonus cash 20cla1,
$1000 pacifica conquest retail bonus cash 44clb2

How's this offer? Any other incentives I should be going for (I read in old posts about Sam's?)? Any way to move any incentives to the sale price side of the ledger as it looks like I pay tax on the rebated amount...

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sam's is same as Truecar in my understanding since it is also quoted through truecar.
The rebates and family discount both look right here.
The only difference is someone could get better dealer discount ( some dealer offer those ) on top of all the family discount and rebates./

1 - 20 of 49 Posts