2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... coming from what sounds like the passenger sliding door ... every time we turn a corner or go in and out of a driveway, etc.

I drive the van 99% of the time, but over the past few days, while on vacation, I've been the passenger and that noise is driving . me . batty .

Anyone else have the issue? Wondering if the door needs to be adjusted? TIA.

·
Registered
255 Posts
... coming from what sounds like the passenger sliding door ... every time we turn a corner or go in and out of a driveway, etc.

I drive the van 99% of the time, but over the past few days, while on vacation, I've been the passenger and that noise is driving . me . batty .

Anyone else have the issue? Wondering if the door needs to be adjusted? TIA.
I hear it from behind the sliding door on the driver side.. like a clunk coming from the suspension I think..
I think I will take mine in when I do the oil change to get it look at with the temp sensor and the recall EGR Valve thing..

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Pac was delivered with a defective rear suspension control blade bushing from the factory. It is the big one at the front of the rear control blade. May want to check there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My Pac was delivered with a defective rear suspension control blade bushing from the factory. It is the big one at the front of the rear control blade. May want to check there.
I'll have to ask them to look into that..
Good to know.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Check your third row seat belts. On mine they bang against the side and make it seem like there is a knock back there. I usually just use the clip to keep them in place.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did the sound begin just during the vacation? Check for anything under the sliding track on the bottom?

The noise is on cornering only and not breaking? Do you have small children who are brilliant at hiding toys and french fries in their seats or nearby?

The standard parent questions :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a similar issue. Ended up being some aluminum bolt that was rolling around in the bottom track of the door. Dealer couldn't locate where it might have came from but doesn't seem to be affecting anything else. No other rattles, sqeaks or noises from whatever it was connected to so perhaps it was just a dropped piece from the assembly line or something.

·
Registered
206 Posts
so perhaps it was just a dropped piece from the assembly line or something.

Its faster to grab a new one than have to reach to get the one you dropped. Speed matters. When we PDI and give a truck a road film cleaning we often will find a bolt tucked under the rear seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had something clunking and it was something I stowed in the compartment on the wall behind the third row seats. It was on the left (Driver) side in the shelf near where the tire inflator is stowed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We bought our 2017 Pacifica Limited in November 2017 and it has now accumulated 9400 miles. In the past couple of weeks, both left and right sliding doors have developed rattles and creaking noises. The left door is worse than the right, but it sounds like the rattle is right behind my left ear. I have sat in the back while my wife drives and I have not been able to stop the rattle, however, if I jiggle the door handle back and forth, the rattle sounds exactly the same. I am trying to get an appointment at the dealership as this needs to be fixed. I will say, if I'm on a smooth road, the creaking and rattling stops. I really like this minivan, but it's been back to the dealership more times in 10 months than our 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite and 2004 Nissan Quest SE did in 17years of ownership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
jimcmc, I am hearing the exact same sound in the door behind the drivers seat. In addition my rear suspensions has developed a groaning/ creaking sound, especially when going around a corner. Our van barely has 6500 miles. We have had other issues with the front suspensions clunking over bumps and sound from the steering. Van has been in the shop for over 4 months in repairs. Nothing has been fixed yet. Chrysler refuses to acknowledge the issues. Rep. Says this is a common characteristic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts