2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odds are we'll be buying a LTD in a few months. The only one we have been able to test drive had exceedingly firm front seats. Wife and I were both surprised that even after a 10 minute test drive, the seats felt uncomfortably hard - even had a slight tingly feeling "down there" from sitting on them. We're average build/height/weight, so are concerned if all LTDs have similar seats.

·
Registered
353 Posts
They are not bad (to me).
I am a "big guy"... 6'2", 250lbs... and they are pretty good.

Not as "cushy" as my 2010 Ford Flex LTD seats were...
Not as firm/rigid as my 2007 Mazda CX-7 seats were...

somewhere in-between.
I'm guessing you won't be unhappy with them, but don't hold me to it. :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
We like our LTD seats and haven't noticed the hardness (but haven't been on a really long trip yet.) The only drivers seating complaint I have is that I don't have a convenient place to rest my right leg against and I feel like I am holding it awkwardly up when pushing the throttle. I know, I am really having to reach here to find something small to complain about. I'll either be using cruise control a lot more on long trips or have a tired right leg. Haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to use the old "brick" cruise control?:smile2:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I ordered a Limited and waiting on it, was given 2 different Limiteds as test drive loaners and yes the seats are not as cushy as any of my previous Chrysler minivans! They do seam harder and I don't know if I will like that......

·
Registered
30 Posts
I appreciate your concerns with the seat comfort. I have driven almost 4300 miles in three weeks in a Limited. The seats for both driver and passenger are very comfortable on long trips. Believe it or not, we traded our 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite for one major reason: the front PASSENGER seat was hard, elevated, and only offered 4 way power! The Chrysler Pacifica in comparison, offers 8 way power for the passenger, plus lumbar support! My wife is extremely happy on long road trips. I am also a huge fan of the tilt adjustable headrests in the Pacifica. I am not aware of any other minivan currently on the market that offers a 8 way PASSENGER & DRIVER power seats with lumbar or tilt adjustable headrests. The only negative for the front seats is the foldable armrests can't be adjusted; otherwise they are almost perfect in my book.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The only negative for the front seats is the foldable armrests can't be adjusted; otherwise they are almost perfect in my book.

If you haven't done so already, check out Pappa60's excellent DIY regarding how he adjusted his armrests higher. I did the same and liked it very much but, sadly, my little wife made me adjust them back down for her.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you haven't done so already, check out Pappa60's excellent DIY regarding how he adjusted his armrests higher. I did the same and liked it very much but, sadly, my little wife made me adjust them back down for her.
Where is this DIY?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I appreciate your concerns with the seat comfort. I have driven almost 4300 miles in three weeks in a Limited. The seats for both driver and passenger are very comfortable on long trips. Believe it or not, we traded our 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite for one major reason: the front PASSENGER seat was hard, elevated, and only offered 4 way power! The Chrysler Pacifica in comparison, offers 8 way power for the passenger, plus lumbar support! My wife is extremely happy on long road trips. I am also a huge fan of the tilt adjustable headrests in the Pacifica. I am not aware of any other minivan currently on the market that offers a 8 way PASSENGER & DRIVER power seats with lumbar or tilt adjustable headrests......
I concur on the seat comport.
We put 2000 miles on our limited in a week, 12 hours straight from MI to MO. Easy peasey

·
Registered
189 Posts
finally test drove a Limited yesterday, and me and my wife immediately noticed how firm the seats were. literally looks and felt like zero cushion whatsoever.

she no longer wants a pacifica.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
finally test drove a Limited yesterday, and me and my wife immediately noticed how firm the seats were. literally looks and felt like zero cushion whatsoever.

she no longer wants a pacifica.
That's a bummer. My wife and I feel like they are really comfortable. Nissan uses memory foam in their SUV's and I have always read reviews applauding their comfort...not sure if an suv is on your list but I would definitely check out the Pathfinder/Armada if an suv is a possibility.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Does your have cushion to them. these seats seemed flat as a board. 50595 msrp limited.
I haven't noticed a lack of cushioning in mine, but I'm sure it's completely subjective. Probably depends mostly on how cushioned the seats are in whatever you're driving now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
flat as board, less than 1 inch of give, pushing with a finger on seat bottom. literally flat as a board. however I cannot picture other limiteds with different seats.

i have owned many, many cars, and sold cars for years too. these are very firm to my senses.

i have seen this mentioned many times before regarding limited, but always assumed they meant the second row seats

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have had many many vehicles in my time and even though, these are not as cushy as the 14 Jeep Grand Cherokees (1999 to 2004) I have owned, or my past 30 Chrysler minivans, I don't find them uncomfortable at all. Do I wish they were as cushy (where you have to pull yourself out of), yes. They are in line with the new Grand Cherokees I have driven, feel the same to me. But each his own.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Our Touring-L Plus seats are on the firm side but don't find them uncomfortable. Plush seats are usually a trade-off. They might feel good initially but you might not be so comfortable after an hour or more. Kind of like a really soft mattress. It might feel good for the 30 seconds you lay on it in the store but it is usually terrible to sleep on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our Touring-L Plus seats are on the firm side but don't find them uncomfortable. Plush seats are usually a trade-off. They might feel good initially but you might not be so comfortable after an hour or more. Kind of like a really soft mattress. It might feel good for the 30 seconds you lay on it in the store but it is usually terrible to sleep on.
I agree. Initially I was also skeptical of seat comfort but during a recent 1.5 hr road trip with no stops , it actually felt quite nice and comfy overall. I did not feel tired or fatigued at all, which used to be the case in our old acadia. I think a big part of seat comfort is suspension. pacifica's handling is so tight that it is actually comes off easier on your body than say a plush seat with boat like handling would be.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts