2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our van came with the vacuum, but we have zero need or desire to use it.

Not sure where the tire compressor and fuel funnel are supposed to be stored, but they fit very well after you remove the vacuum filter.

Just set the funnel in first and slide the air compressor in. I used a couple chunks of foam to reduce the chance of rattles, and wrote my future self a note so I would remember!
Gadget Tool Bumper Trunk Gas

Green Trunk Automotive lighting Bag Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
While I don't have much of a need to use the built in vac, the tire compressor is supposed to be stored in the center row stow-n-go cargo space, When you open the pair of floor panels, you'll see that there is a gap between the floor and the center edge of the holes that each chair folds into. That gap is where the tire compressor fits perfectly.

Let me know if you need picture of my tire compressor in that space. I haven't taken a photo of it, but it wouldn't take but a few minutes.

The gas funnel supposedly goes under the vacuum bag/bin, but it fits very loosely and I don't like it there. I'm still trying to find a better place for it, as well as thinking of finding a plastic type bag to put it in that gas won't melt/ruin so that I have something to put it in if I have to use it to put gas in the tank and then need to put the funnel back in the car until I can get somewhere to wash the gas smell/residue off it.

Speaking of the tire compressor, I hate that there's no spare and it doesn't have run flat tires. I know tire places hate it when you spray that goop into tires AND it doesn't fix blowouts or cuts/tears in the tires. Do I put run flats on it or do I buy a small 4-ton jack and spare tire to keep at home so I can bring them to the vehicle, put a spare on it and drive it to a service center to fix/replace the tire and then put the wheel back on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know, but I prefer my spot.

I’m with you on the no-spare-tire problem, though. I’m not worried about normal driving, but it’s our road trip vehicle. There are only two of us and a dog, so I’m considering just buying a 5th full size wheel and tire and securely strapping it into the rear seat on those occasions.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited (Build 05/2016)
59 Posts
I have had the great fortune to be able to buy a folding spare wheel in Lithuania. This I have put in the trough for the second row seat. There it bothers me the least, because I hardly stow the seat.
Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had the great fortune to be able to buy a folding spare wheel in Lithuania. This I have put in the trough for the second row seat. There it bothers me the least, because I hardly stow the seat.
The folding spare is easily available here in the US, but it can not be used on AWD vans like mine, which have larger brakes that interfere with the wheel on that spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts