2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cautiously looking into purchasing a larger minivan. Currently have a '15 Ford Transit Connect. I'm shopping at Hertz because of the limited and expensive nature of where I live.

I'm a little concerned about all the electronics and moving parts, but aside from getting a cargo van, there's not much escaping that.

Ironically, I'm going to be looking over a Pacifica Limited, you know, moonroof, power seats/stow-n-go, power doors, etc.

How well does all this fancy automation hold up?

There's a lot of moving parts in this vehicle. Any thoughts/recommendations on what I should look out for?

Thanks a bunch for your advice!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I have a similar Pacifica to what you are looking for. 2018 Limited with close to 20k miles.
I haven’t had any major issues (mechanical or Powertrain) so far, but a few minor issues such as sliding door needed software flash for not closing appropriately, one of the third row seat power folding switch needed replacement, one interior trim panel was not fitted properly (from factory). All were fixed under warranty.
Let us know if you have any specific questions. Is there any particular car you are looking at? What model year? How much are you planning to spend?
If it’s 2017 model year then you need to watch the month it was manufactured, as couple of important updates had happened at certain times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response!

The one I'm looking at soon is a 2018 Limited, 14k miles $28,900.

I'm wanting to spend under $30k

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

That sounds like a fair price for the miles. How is the warranty handled? How are the tires?

Most important, do you have a reputable Chrysler dealer nearby to take care of any future problems?

My 2018 Limited has had only a couple of very minor glitches. It's a really great car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, Waldo!

There is one Chrysler dealer where I live, reputable or not I get to deal with them. Fortunately, when it comes down to out of pocket expenses, I'm capable of handling it myself. I don't want to be going to the dealer a bunch for warranty stuff, nor do I want to be fixing on my own all the time.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

With 2018 most of the issues have been sorted out already. And you get Apple CarPlay/ android auto function as well in case you are interested. What other options does it come with? Advanced safety tech / Rear video screens/ HK sound/ tow package, etc anything in particular you are interested in...? If nothing else, AST should be a minimum requirement. Let us know any other questions

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Also want to remind you that a touring L+ comes with almost all of the technology available in limited and is the best bang for buck. New Pacificas come with huge discounts as well. A new TL+ from a volume dealership will be within spitting distance of this price if you are flexible enough with options. Decide what options you actually need what you don’t specifically want but good to have (8 seater / sunroof/ wheels etc) and go from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, Mr. Bond. I actually live in Hawaii so my different options are much limited and dealers behave differently than on the mainland. We don't to get negotiate very much and pay a premium for having it brought out here. Car shopping here is mostly finding something that works for me within what's available. I want a Mercedes Metris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts