2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi PacHy Hybrid owners

I have been considering buying a hybrid for months now and have done a lot of research. I see a lot of positive and negative (really bad ones) experiences but I am going with my gut and will buy one. Few questions before that:
Test drove a 2018 Hybrid last week and absolutely loved the drive, smoothness, look etc. One thing that bothered me was the "brakes". What's the deal with that? Not sure if I was doing something wrong but I don't think I was. Have been driving for about 15 years and am sure I know how to brake :laugh:
It was very choppy/bumpy every single time I braked. Can someone explain what's going on here and if has experienced the same?

My local dealership has a new 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L on its lot for over 4 months and is quoting $40,200. Since I have test driven and like it, I am hoping to go back on Dec 30th and be able to negotiate for a better price. My target is 36-37K out the door, is that too aggressive or is a reasonable negotiation? I know it depends from dealership to dealership, but in general is that acceptable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
If the vehicle you test drove sat on a lot for 4 months, I'd suspect corrosion on the brake rotors - which could/would exacerbate a smooth transition from re-gen to mechanical braking. Take a good look at the rotors, drive them "clean" - and/or test drive a new van for comparison.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try driving in L. When you let up off the accelerator pedal, you will have much stronger regen (it feels to me like aggressive engine braking). With the stronger regen, you will likely not have as much janking when you have to push on the break pedal.

You may not have as much luck with end-of-year leverage on a PHEV. They know that if you buy it on 30DEC, you can claim it on your 2018 taxes. Whereas if you wait until 02JAN, you will have to wait until your 2019 taxes (assuming Trump doesn't **** it up in the meantime).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the vehicle you test drove sat on a lot for 4 months, I'd suspect corrosion on the brake rotors - which could/would exacerbate a smooth transition from re-gen to mechanical braking. Take a good look at the rotors, drive them "clean" - and/or test drive a new van for comparison.
Thanks for your tip, appreciate it
i will check with the dealership to see if I can test drive another one or will check with another dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try driving in L. When you let up off the accelerator pedal, you will have much stronger regen (it feels to me like aggressive engine braking). With the stronger regen, you will likely not have as much janking when you have to push on the break pedal.

You may not have as much luck with end-of-year leverage on a PHEV. They know that if you buy it on 30DEC, you can claim it on your 2018 taxes. Whereas if you wait until 02JAN, you will have to wait until your 2019 taxes (assuming Trump doesn't **** it up in the meantime).
Thanks for providing your perspective on the price and the re-gen braking :smile2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for your tip, appreciate it
i will check with the dealership to see if I can test drive another one or will check with another dealership.
Definitely try driving another one. The brakes in ours are smooth and the pedal feels like any other brake pedal, and so were the others we test drove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts