2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal :wink2:). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ours works just fine, a gentle push and it does pop out like you said. Maybe something is stuck between the drawer and the console like a parking pass or something else....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ours is good and pops to slide right out. I agree that you probably have papers or something jammed up or behind there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I double-checked as best as I could, and I couldn't find any papers or anything jammed in it. We've only had the van for two weeks now, and haven't lost anything inside the drawers yet! So unless something was jammed in it from the factory... I'm hesitant to let the dealer take a look at it, since our dealers nearby all suck. I'd rather do it myself if I could find some basic tips or instructions - does anyone have any experience disassembling this drawer?

Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?
IIRC, I think it just pops out a couple inches, and then you pull it out the rest of the way yourself. I drove my Meepster to work today and can't check for sure until I get home.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just pops out a couple of inches. I just checked because of this thread.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal :wink2:). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris
Mine has the same issue. It seems to pop out when it wants to. When it doesn't feel like it i just manually pull it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts