2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal :wink2:). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ours works just fine, a gentle push and it does pop out like you said. Maybe something is stuck between the drawer and the console like a parking pass or something else....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ours is good and pops to slide right out. I agree that you probably have papers or something jammed up or behind there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I double-checked as best as I could, and I couldn't find any papers or anything jammed in it. We've only had the van for two weeks now, and haven't lost anything inside the drawers yet! So unless something was jammed in it from the factory... I'm hesitant to let the dealer take a look at it, since our dealers nearby all suck. I'd rather do it myself if I could find some basic tips or instructions - does anyone have any experience disassembling this drawer?

Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?
IIRC, I think it just pops out a couple inches, and then you pull it out the rest of the way yourself. I drove my Meepster to work today and can't check for sure until I get home.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just pops out a couple of inches. I just checked because of this thread.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal :wink2:). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris
Mine has the same issue. It seems to pop out when it wants to. When it doesn't feel like it i just manually pull it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
is it possible to remove that drawer? I want to run some cables through them but haven't figure how to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
is it possible to remove that drawer? I want to run some cables through them but haven't figure how to remove it.
here it is, I'm going to post the DVD player removal next

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

1. Remove the screw located in the media hub bezel (3) opening.
  2. Open the bin (2), and using a trim stick remove the media hub bezel.
  3. If equipped, remove the DVD player (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/PLAYER, DVD/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).

4. Remove the six screws (2) and drop the bin (1) down to remove.
INSTALLATION

1. Position the bin (1) and install the screws (2).
  2. If equipped, install the DVD player (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/PLAYER, DVD/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).

3. Position the media hub bezel (3) and hand tap to engage the retaining clips.
  4. Install the screw located in the media hub bezel opening, and tighten securely.

Reactions: thclimer

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), disconnect the IBS connector first before disconnecting the negative battery cable.

2. Remove the screw in the back of the media hub bezel bin.
  3. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the media hub bezel (1) from the vehicle.
  4. Disconnect the media hub electrical connectors.
  5. Place the media hub bezel on a suitable work surface.

NOTE
    Be certain to take the proper precautions to prevent the console from receiving cosmetic damage during the following procedures.

6. Release the latch tabs on the top and bottom integral to the media hub housing while pushing the media hub (1) out through the mounting hole in the bezel.
INSTALLATION

1. Align and insert the media hub (1) through the mounting hole until both integral latch features are fully engaged.

2. Connect the media hub electrical connectors
  3. Install the media hub bezel (1).
  4. Install and tighten the screw in the back of the media hub bezel bin.
  5. Connect the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), connect the IBS connector to the negative battery cable.

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), disconnect the IBS connector first before disconnecting the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the media hub instrument panel bezel (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/MEDIA HUB/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).

3. Remove the two Blu-Ray player to instrument panel bolts (1).
  4. Disconnect the Blu-Ray player electrical connector.
  5. Remove the Blu-Ray player (2) from the vehicle.
INSTALLATION

1. Connect the wire harness connector to the Blu-Ray player.
  2. Insert the Blu-Ray player (2) into the instrument panel.
  3. Install both of the Blu-Ray player to instrument panel bolts (1).
  4. Install the media hub instrument panel bezel (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/MEDIA HUB/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).
  5. Connect the negative battery cable. If equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), connect the IBS connector to the negative battery cable.

Reactions: thclimer

·
Registered
2 Posts
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

2. Remove the screw in the back of the media hub bezel bin.
  3. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the media hub bezel (1) from the vehicle.
  4. Disconnect the media hub electrical connectors.
  5. Place the media hub bezel on a suitable work surface.

NOTE
    Be certain to take the proper precautions to prevent the console from receiving cosmetic damage during the following procedures.

6. Release the latch tabs on the top and bottom integral to the media hub housing while pushing the media hub (1) out through the mounting hole in the bezel.
INSTALLATION

1. Align and insert the media hub (1) through the mounting hole until both integral latch features are fully engaged.

2. Connect the media hub electrical connectors
  3. Install the media hub bezel (1).
  4. Install and tighten the screw in the back of the media hub bezel bin.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

2. Remove the media hub instrument panel bezel (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/MEDIA HUB/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).

3. Remove the two Blu-Ray player to instrument panel bolts (1).
  4. Disconnect the Blu-Ray player electrical connector.
  5. Remove the Blu-Ray player (2) from the vehicle.
INSTALLATION

1. Connect the wire harness connector to the Blu-Ray player.
  2. Insert the Blu-Ray player (2) into the instrument panel.
  3. Install both of the Blu-Ray player to instrument panel bolts (1).
  4. Install the media hub instrument panel bezel (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/MEDIA HUB/Removal and Installation)(Refer To List 1).
Thank you so much for the information

1 - 11 of 11 Posts