2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to new pickup and delivery valet options from the dealers?

Any ideas on avoiding crowded waiting rooms?

I am wondering how to plan our 10,000 mile service when it comes up. Seems like drop-off will be the best option since we are probably too far for the valet service.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Absolutely. Drop off and pick up is the only reasonable option. I advise you to drop off late in the evening after the dealership is closed, place the keys in the locked box (assuming your dealership has that service- most do). When going for pick up I would carry along a box of antiseptic wipes and give a thorough interior wipe down while wearing disposable gloves and dispose everything appropriately before leaving. Drive home with all windows down if possible. Also apply some Lysol / antiseptic spray to the HVAC inlet below the front windscreen before operating AC and do not open the hood for another two weeks at least just to be safe.

Reactions: tekfranz

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts
Has anyone tried to new pickup and delivery valet options from the dealers?

Any ideas on avoiding crowded waiting rooms?

I am wondering how to plan our 10,000 mile service when it comes up. Seems like drop-off will be the best option since we are probably too far for the valet service.
I've heard of drive through oil change places (in major cities) where you can get the oil changed quickly without getting out of the vehicle. While that isn't something I would normally do, it might be something to consider if an oil change is all you want and it is an option. Just be sure to get full synthetic oil.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've heard of drive through oil change places (in major cities) where you can get the oil changed quickly without getting out of the vehicle. While that isn't something I would normally do, it might be something to consider if an oil change is all you want and it is an option. Just be sure to get full synthetic oil.
And just to add to this... You can bring your own oil and filter to these places.

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
I took ours in early and I'm glad I did. I went in and just sat on the floor in a corner away from everybody. Turned out the battery cell caps were all poped indicating bad battery. they tested both barriers to be sure, then replaced the large main battery but the small one that plagues everyone checked out fine ?‍♂. Anyways I only deal with one particular service advisor because he won't blow smoke up my tail pipe, he was telling me if the supply chain for parts started to get bad like other manufacturers(think he said gm) then they might have to close. Even if it wasn't try I was glad to take it in and get it done for peace of mind.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I took ours in early and I'm glad I did. I went in and just sat on the floor in a corner away from everybody. Turned out the battery cell caps were all poped indicating bad battery. they tested both barriers to be sure, then replaced the large main battery but the small one that plagues everyone checked out fine ?‍♂. Anyways I only deal with one particular service advisor because he won't blow smoke up my tail pipe, he was telling me if the supply chain for parts started to get bad like other manufacturers(think he said gm) then they might have to close. Even if it wasn't try I was glad to take it in and get it done for peace of mind.
Odd, I just went in for the dreaded perpetual battery charging and they found the AUX battery was bad and replaced it. They said the MAIN was good. ESS worked fine for a while and now battery charging seems again to stay on too long. The advisor said they hated this feature as it is causing nothing but service issues. Wouldn't is be amazing if they came out with a fix?

·
Registered
337 Posts
When going for pick up I would carry along a box of antiseptic wipes and give a thorough interior wipe down while wearing disposable gloves and dispose everything appropriately before leaving. Drive home with all windows down if possible. Also apply some Lysol / antiseptic spray to the HVAC inlet below the front windscreen before operating AC and do not open the hood for another two weeks at least just to be safe.
I think this is excessive. The virus does not linger in air more than ~minutes. I agree you want to give the steering wheel and other parts you touch a wipe down when you get into it, but I have not seen aerosolizing of virus left on surfaces ever being mentioned as a risk, so what you should mainly worry about are touching surfaces and then touching your face.

The engine compartment I would not worry about at all after the engine has been on.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Hello Forum members,

Dealers are taking multiple steps to ensure safety at their dealerships. Some of the steps include:
  • Home delivery of new vehicle purchases
  • Showrooms are regularly cleaned and sanitized
  • Technicians are wearing gloves while servicing each vehicle
  • Seat and steering wheel covers are being utilized during the entire service visit
  • Service and new vehicle purchases progress updates are now being provided via phone, text or email reducing the need to wait
  • Pickup / Drop off service is available at select dealers any time of day
Please let us know if there any additional questions or concerns.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts