2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned her up and did the CQuartz. The velvet definitely pops with the cquartz. Can't wait to take some more pictures with better lighting. Definitely can't wait to see how quick it will be to foam bath and dry the van.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Awesome. That looks real good. How much did it cost?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looks great. Congrats! I did the Opticoat Pro+ on my velvet red Pacifica and it definitely gives the paint a beautiful dark depth to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I didn't do the profession install but did the DIY CQuartz where you can buy a 30mL bottle for $50 on amazon. Spent 3-4 hours washing, cleaning, detailing and decontaminating the car before applying. Had a buddy help with the coating which was a whole lot faster. The DIY only lasts 2 years vs a professional install is 5 years but they use an different product that is sprayed on and much more expensive. I also didn't have to do claybar so that saved some time as well. I was hesitant at first since I've been a wash and DIY wax guy but I figured this would save me from waxing every quarter. So far I'm pretty happy with it. Was able to hand wash and dry the entire car with a leaf blower in 30 minutes. Looking forward to using my foam gun this weekend for a faster wash. I'll post some water bead action later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I didn't do the profession install but did the DIY CQuartz where you can buy a 30mL bottle for $50 on amazon.
Spent 3-4 hours washing, cleaning, and decontaminating the car before applying. Had buddy help with the coating which made it a bit faster. The DIY only lasts 2 years vs a professional install is 5 years but they use an different product that is sprayed on. I also didn't have to do claybar so that saved some time as well.
So far I'm pretty happy with it. I was a bit hesitant since I've always been a DIY wax and polish guy, but figured this will save me quarterly waxes and make car washing much faster with it's hydrophobic properties. Was able to hand wash and dry the entire car with a leaf blower in 30 minutes the other day. Looking forward to using my foam gun this weekend for faster washes.

Here's a video: Sorry for the portrait mode, was in a rush to complete b4 the baby woke up.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That looks great! $50 well spent. I might give this a try. How decontaminated does the car really have to be?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Now this is swaying me away from professional install which would be close to $1000. Can you tell me a step by step approach for how this is being applied. Any special tools or equipment is needed? Or you simply wash the car and spray it on like a wax?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That looks great! $50 well spent. I might give this a try. How decontaminated does the car really have to be?
You'll want the van's paint as clean as you can get. If you don't remove swirls or water spots, it'll be there for the next 2 years under the ceramic coat and won't be able to remove it unless you remove the ceramic coat which I'm guessing is some sort of wet sanding.

Looks like it's more around $110 with the Eraser & Reload. I was lucky that a buddy of mine had already bought the Eraser and had plenty left over for the Pacifica and a Q7 with more than half a bottle still left over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now this is swaying me away from professional install which would be close to $1000. Can you tell me a step by step approach for how this is being applied. Any special tools or equipment is needed? Or you simply wash the car and spray it on like a wax?
Cleaning the van and getting it back to showroom shine pretty much. Clay bar if paint is not smooth. After the car is completely dried, and i mean dry, I used a air compressor and leaf blower to make sure there was no water left anywhere. You'll use the Eraser to do a final clean of the paint.

You'll need at least 2 microfiber towels for the CQuartz part.

I got the CQuartz that comes with the Reload. The applicator already comes in the box. Just look up some YouTube videos on instructions.

https://www.amazon.com/Eraser-Intense-Oil-Polish-Cleanser/dp/B00FY0XY1S/ref=sr_1_10?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512106986&sr=1-10&keywords=cquartz+ceramic+coating

https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquartz-Ceramic-Quartz-Protection/dp/B005DZD1A8/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512106986&sr=1-6&keywords=cquartz+ceramic+coating

https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Reload-Sealant-milliter-Sprayer/dp/B00L9A0AC8/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512106986&sr=1-7&keywords=cquartz+ceramic+coating

·
Registered
47 Posts
What’s the advantage of CQuartz vs something like Menzerna Power Lock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have our van scheduled for the 26th to get full paint correction and ceramic coating by a local guy! I'm hoping it helps with bugs that don't get washed off the front immediately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else tried a quartz coating? Has it been working/ maintaining paint as you hoped? I'm assessing getting it done -- I had hoped it would help with paint upkeep during winter and protect from the kids a bit, but I would not be doing any kind of special reload, maintenance, or special washing follow-up -- i.e., aside from avoiding mechanical car washes I'll be treating van like average owner, average van. Are the quartz coatings effective for this use, or only those that keep babying the car?

(We also have a red velvet -- the Pacificas are beauts in all colors).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts