2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully opened one of the Pacifica headlights? I'm trying to get mine open for a retrofit now and I'm making no progress. I've opened headlights before but the "permaseal" glue on these doesn't even budge at 250 degrees. The housing itself softens, though, so you can start bending the seal channel open, but even after that the lens shows no signs of moving. The internets seem to agree these domestic headlights are a pita to get open but I had no idea...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Any luck yet ? I have tried also and ended up giving in !...There are some aftermarket assemblies on Ebay that are probably butyl. But they are only twin Halogen reflectors. no DRL or projector. But I guess could be retrofitted as projectors and DRL strips added.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any luck yet ? I have tried also and ended up giving in !...There are some aftermarket assemblies on Ebay that are probably butyl. But they are only twin Halogen reflectors. no DRL or projector. But I guess could be retrofitted as projectors and DRL strips added.
No, I haven't had time to continue working on it. I think the key is to have a hook-shaped tool so that once you've pried open the channel you can get in behind and slice the glue under it. It would be easier if it fit in my oven, now I have to fit it with an open oven door and a cardboard box while holding the interlock pin in so the oven runs which gets old quickly.

This guy managed to do it with a set from a Challenger. I assume those use the same sealant, they look like they would be from the same supplier. He didn't enjoy it though...

If worst comes to worst, you can always cut the lens at the joint and then seal it back up with permatex, but I really do not want to do that unless I'm at the end of my rope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts