2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Crazy map

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
My Pacifica hybrid GPS map started going crazy. It has me about 5 miles off my location. Is there anything I can do about this? Or do I have to take it to a dealer?

#2 ·
Mine did it too but it cleared up by itself. It was in a downtown setting an I think the signal was blocked or I was passing some government building that was blocking it!!

#5 ·
Couple of possibilities:
1) Reflections of the satellite signals off tall buildings, but for a 5-mile error unlikely.
2) An error in the satellite ephemeris data (the GPS satellites send their orbital data to the GPS receiver this could of got corrupted somehow)
3) Truckers often have local GPS jammers to stop their trucks being tracked by their dispatcher. This has been a big problem at Newark Airport due to truckers on I-95 (most likely cause)
4) Other jamming = possibly from an electronic game, computer or even a bad cell phone. (very likely cause)

Very unlikely to be a problem with the GPS receiver which would show up as the "start up page" you see when you first turn the car on not going away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.