2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am SO glad I asked! I admit that I didn't check - I just assumed that I needed to order them. That was my first mistake! Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
We are getting our PACHY.

My big question is locking and anti-theft for the load bars.

Last year someone tried to steal from our 21' SkyBox with Yakima locking crossbars and all they managed was to bend the back panel, something I fixed with a heatgun. You should have seen the parking lot at the premium resort, the druggies ripped off the unsecured roof racks, beach stuff and clothes all over covered garage.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Last year someone tried to steal from our 21' SkyBox with Yakima locking crossbars and all they managed was to bend the back panel, something I fixed with a heatgun. You should have seen the parking lot at the premium resort, the druggies ripped off the unsecured roof racks, beach stuff and clothes all over covered garage.
I asked this recently and didn't see a response. As far as I see, four thumbscrews and the cross rails are off...... along with whatever is on the rails.

John.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Join: Jun 2018

2 minutes ago
Cross bar
Hi I saw your post. I have pasifica 2018 hybrid limited with moon roof. I don't have cross bars. I want to buy a crossbar and a cargo basket but I don' t know compatible products. Can anyone help me

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Join: Jun 2018

2 minutes ago
Cross bar
Hi I saw your post. I have pasifica 2018 hybrid limited with moon roof. I don't have cross bars. I want to buy a crossbar and a cargo basket but I don' t know compatible products. Can anyone help me
If you have a roof rack, the cross bars are stowed in the rails from what I understand. Try the search for roof top cargo basket and you might find a thread about it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

I agree, bars come off really easily & box or other cargo would come off with it. The thumbscrews are regular M6 bolts, so I just replaced them with stainless M6 bolts & washers. Now at least the thief needs a 4 mm Allan (hex) key instead of just a thumb to take the bars/box. If you wanted to go farther, there are anti-theft M6 bolts available for about $10 on ebay.

I didn't used to lock my box until someone tried to steal it, also at a ski resort. It was empty, so they wanted the box, not the contents. (Thankfully they were idiots and tried to unscrew the mechanism instead of just pulling the quick-release.) (I've also made my own bases so that I can attach my 6' load bars and carry 2 canoes, also using the metric M6 Allan head bolts.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a great idea. Looking on Amazon & Ebay. How long do the M6 bolts need to be? How many mm?Also what size washer did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is a great idea. Looking on Amazon & Ebay. How long do the M6 bolts need to be? How many mm?Also what size washer did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M6 washers in stainless. I don't remember the bolt measurements any more, but just remove one from the crossbars and measure it, then add the washer thickness.
Please note, I took the additional steps of making my own mounting feet so I could mount wide bars without the adapter that makes it all taller. I drilled the holes in the delrin so that the bolts protruded exactly the same amount as the factory bars. Write up:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RAZdABMHrD6QnYzq9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pz9AKrynhbArNoes5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AdEZF1LPc7wi9HyF6

Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
tturkstra
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing