2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After months of lurking its finally time to join your ranks. Will be driving in to HB to do battle and grab something before the end of the year. Have purchased from them before and remember some of my mistakes but not all. Does anyone have any current info on what the extended warranty pricing is? Also, can anyone speak to waiting and purchasing it sometime later? I don't remember if there was a clear advantage other than being able to finance or not.

Thanks for any tips before jumping back in the rabbit hole again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m also curious. I was offered bumper to bumper coverage out to 5 years/100k miles with a $100 deductible beyond the included warranty period for $2700. I didn’t think that was worth the cost and I know they can be bought after the purchase. The F&I person will tell you things like “waxing the car will void the warranty so you need this $1200 paint protection package ” and “No you can’t buy the warranty post purchase”. None of that is true but I can see the value in a longer warranty at the right price.

Another favorite at a local dealer. “We install door edge and handle pocket paint protection film as well as filling the tires with nitrogen on every car. It’s included for $300.” I asked why the nitrogen was important and the salesperson said it prevents the tires from rotting . There’s no way I was going to pay for that, I just said that’s fine if this dealership includes that but I’m concerned about the final price, not what’s been added.

You can buy 30’ of the door edge film and the door pocket film for about $30 on Amazon. As for the nitrogen it’s not really necessary but I’m sure you could change out the air that’s 78% nitrogen for 100% nitrogen air pretty cheap.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi All,

After months of lurking its finally time to join your ranks. Will be driving in to HB to do battle and grab something before the end of the year. Have purchased from them before and remember some of my mistakes but not all. Does anyone have any current info on what the extended warranty pricing is? Also, can anyone speak to waiting and purchasing it sometime later? I don't remember if there was a clear advantage other than being able to finance or not.

Thanks for any tips before jumping back in the rabbit hole again!
Look at the prices at Chrysler Factory Plans (google that) Ziegler is a Chrysler Dealer that sells the Mopar Vehicle Protection for less thann anyone; he will also set you up with 12-months, same as cash (0%) payment plan. Use discount code "Damon2". The prices are on the website, Bob Cline is a nice fellow to deal with via telephone, should desire to speak to a person.

When the vehicle exceeds either 12 months or 12,000 miles, a $150.00 surcharge is added to the cost. You may buy a plan anytime between 0-months/0-miles and 48-months/48,000-miles. Remember by waiting you have annual price hikes as well as the surcharge.

If HB is Huntington Beach, consider Scott Robinson in Torrance also. I had a good experience buying a T&C there a few years back.

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a quote today from the dealer for:

6 Yrs / 75K miles (Max Care bumper to bumper plan - Top plan) = $1375

7 Yrs / 85K miles (Max Care bumper to bumper plan - Top plan) = $1690

Maintenance package (regular oil change service etc): 6 years for $915 and 7 Years for $1050

He said they basically match Ziegler prices.
He didn’t say anything about the deductible so I have to find that out tomorrow.

Does this looks like a good deal or I am overpaying for the warranty?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've only purchased an extended warranty once on a car (not Chrysler product) and never used it.....still driving said vehicle well past the extended warranty period. Currently, I'm shopping for a new Pacifica, but likely won't purchase an extended warranty. I currently drive a 2011 Dodge Durango with 126,000 miles. IF I had purchased one of the extended warranties listed above, I would never have used it for the Durango either. I've spent around $800 on work that occurred after 90,000 miles and 7 years. I've owned two other Chrysler vehicles in the past and I would have not used the extended warranty enough to pay for it either (had I purchased it) for these vehicles. So, a crap shoot at best, but not a fan of this expenditure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My experience getting it from Ziegler’s Bob Cline about 2 months ago was great. Very easy to work with over email and quick to answer questions. Way cheaper than the price calling Mopar directly with their salespeople. Got in just before they shut down the lifetime warranties with one for $2850 with $100 deductible. I don’t know about cost of waiting but understand it goes higher after 12 month/12K miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Maintenance package (regular oil change service etc): 6 years for $915 and 7 Years for $1050

You've probably made your decision on this already. But I wanted to say, find out exactly what's in the maintenance offer. If you have the PHEV, you'll probably only change oil once a year. In that case, this won't be worth it - unless it includes something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
question for anyone who knows about, sells , or has a Mopar extended warranty on a Pacifica Hybrid. Reading the plan provisions of a Maxcare plan from mopar.

under vehicle eligibility section : NOT ELIGIBLE vehicles that operate on other than gasoline or diesel fuel systems (i.e. natural gas, electric);

under what is NOT COVERED !
THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM: • High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system;

I use these plans at work and this language is not good at all. Mopar needs to update the plan provisions to include hybrid repairs or let clients know they are not covered instead of just burying it in the plan provisions most people dont request ( i have the full copy i requested)

·
Registered
12 Posts
question for anyone who knows about, sells , or has a Mopar extended warranty on a Pacifica Hybrid. Reading the plan provisions of a Maxcare plan from mopar.

under vehicle eligibility section : NOT ELIGIBLE vehicles that operate on other than gasoline or diesel fuel systems (i.e. natural gas, electric);

under what is NOT COVERED !
THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM: • High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system;

I use these plans at work and this language is not good at all. Mopar needs to update the plan provisions to include hybrid repairs or let clients know they are not covered instead of just burying it in the plan provisions most people dont request ( i have the full copy i requested)
Could you post or DM this copy? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The hybrids come with a very long warranty on the hybrid system components already. From what I understand, 120-150K miles? So I don’t mind not having it on the extra purchased warranty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just as a follow-up to my earlier purchase of the lifetime MOPAR warranty, I traded in my 2018 for a 2019 and so asked for a refund from the dealer. Turns out MOPAR/FCA really takes a bite out in fees to do a refund, of almost $180 when I hadn't even hit 5000 miles yet. I do think this is very unfair to the consumer especially being under 12K miles (or 3/36) when the extended warranty really wouldn't have come into effect yet. Does anyone else have such as experience in the past with Chrysler? Is there any recourse?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just bought 2018 Pacifica Hybrid we got it new even though it was 18 model. we were't planning on getting a extended warranty but ended up getting a 7 yr 75,000 mile with $100 deductible for around $1700.

still wondering if it was a good deal or if I'm going to keep it, think I have 60 days to cancel.

keep or let it go? good deal or not?

thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
The only way you know is by comparison shopping. Call up other dealerships and have them give you a quote on the same product. You can find online outlets that’ll do the same thing.

We bought a Ford extended warranty yesterday. Wife’s Edge has spent a good part of its young life in the shop, and she’ll hit 36k miles in another month. Found a dealership selling the warranty online for $600 less than I could find locally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts