2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First-time poster here. I tried searching other posts but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I recently changed the battery in my 2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus. When I installed it, I noticed a wire just sitting there, not attached to anything. I don't know what it does and can't figure out where it's supposed to connect.

I believe the part is 68240571AG: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Front End Module Wiring 68240571AG | Genuine Mopar Parts Direct

I'm attaching two pics.
First one is where it just sits and to give you context of where it is in relation to the battery.
Second one to show you what the connector looks like and where it emanates from.

I feel like I'd be able to figure it out if I could compare with another car, but alas, I'm the only person I know who owns this vehicle.
Does anyone know what this is and where it goes, or at least, can anyone take a pic of theirs?

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does your car have the second auxiliary battery for the ESS start-stop system? If not, then it might be a connector for the auxiliary battery, which they added during the middle of the model year.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
541 Posts
Hello. First-time poster here. I tried searching other posts but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I recently changed the battery in my 2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus. When I installed it, I noticed a wire just sitting there, not attached to anything. I don't know what it does and can't figure out where it's supposed to connect.

I believe the part is 68240571AG: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Front End Module Wiring 68240571AG | Genuine Mopar Parts Direct

I'm attaching two pics.
First one is where it just sits and to give you context of where it is in relation to the battery.
Second one to show you what the connector looks like and where it emanates from.

I feel like I'd be able to figure it out if I could compare with another car, but alas, I'm the only person I know who owns this vehicle.
Does anyone know what this is and where it goes, or at least, can anyone take a pic of theirs?
That's the connector for the hood ajar switch which appears to be missing from your picture. It clips into that hole with the two flat edges. If your vehicle has remote start (your Touring L Plus should) your van needs this part. You'll keep seeing a "Hood Ajar" message in the cluster and remote start will be disabled if it's missing or unplugged. There is a resistor between the two terminals on the switch so the van can actually tell if it's unplugged. The switch is Mopar p/n 5026211AA if you need a new one.

IMG_20201105_203727.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts