2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a small dark circle in the top-center of their auto-dimming rear view mirror? It looks like the dimming feature is stuck in that one area of my mirror, but I’m not sure if it’s defective or if that’s how it’s supposed to look. None of my other vehicles that have an auto dimming rear view mirror have it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone else have a small dark circle in the top-center of their auto-dimming rear view mirror? It looks like the dimming feature is stuck in that one area of my mirror, but I’m not sure if it’s defective or if that’s how it’s supposed to look. None of my other vehicles that have an auto dimming rear view mirror have it.
That's the etched window to allow light through for the "glare sensor", which detects the intensity of the light from behind the vehicle. Auto dimming mirrors often vary in where the sensor is located, but all have it. In some cases, it is located on the plastic bezel around the mirror (usually at the bottom), but the Pacifica's is behind the glass at the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts