2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 Pacifica and I would like to know what the dashboard is made of and what should I use to clean it.
:confused:

·
Registered
780 Posts
It is made of vinyl. Clean with a damp rag or sponge with VERY little detergent.
Hard plastic parts can be dusted with a dry paintbrush. Finger prints can be cleaned with windex or similar.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Pacifica and I would like to know what the dashboard is made of and what should I use to clean it.
:confused:
my 18' Limited has a leather dash.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just use armorall, problem solved.
My experience is that will make the dash very shiny, which will make it reflect in the windshield, which I find very annoying. Much prefer more of a matte appearance to the dash. I just wipe it with a damp cloth or, when vacuuming the carpet, put on the soft bristle brush attach,ent and vacuum the dash. In my case, it usually just has some dust and dog hair on it, comes right up either way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chemicals used to produce the vinyl dash will continually leech out and create a film on the inside of the windshield even if left untreated. I keep a microfiber cloth in the door pocket and just wipe everything down from time to time.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Chemicals used to produce the vinyl dash will continually leech out and create a film on the inside of the windshield even if left untreated. I keep a microfiber cloth in the door pocket and just wipe everything down from time to time.
This item from Amazon is pretty handy for cleaning that windshield interior.

·
Registered
780 Posts
True, though it gets better over time. Much better after 2 years or so.
Armorall extends that every time it is used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, definitely don't use Armorall on a new vehicle. it actually penetrates the vinyl and removes the elastomers causing the dash to get prematurely brittle. Armorall is great to use on OLD sun-damaged vinyl because it temporarily replaces the elastomers... but it has to be used often because the elastomers evaporate quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts