2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L, Ocean Blue Metallic | Black S 27L Package-20" wheels | AST | NAV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a forum-wide search for subject line but did not find a single picture of what anyone has installed in their Pacifica. I've always installed a DashMat in every vehicle I have (necessity in AZ) but it's been awhile (2007) since I needed a new one.

The only good online site I have found is this one:DashMat® - Original Dash Cover but it does not show a Pacifica dash for comparison. I attempted to look at the CoverCraft website but my AV threw up warnings this site has possible malicious SW and known online scamming.

My primary concern is that the CarID site states that "Speakers are generally covered, but there are cases when not, depending on the complexity of the speaker and/or if the speaker may be raised or not." and there are zero reviews for this product.

I'm asking the forum if anyone has purchased this product and can share their opinions or pictures of how well this fits their Pacifica. Thanks for any feedback folks.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,055 Posts
Not just the speakers may get covered. That sensor for the automatic headlights would also get covered.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L, Ocean Blue Metallic | Black S 27L Package-20" wheels | AST | NAV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you speaking from experience sir? Any part of this design that covers speakers, vents, sensors etc. is a NO-GO from my perspective.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,055 Posts
No experience with any dash mats. Just observations from some posts here about the headlight sensor getting covered and causing some issues. And it would only make sense that if you cover the speakers it will block the sound coming from there. You will probably have to trim any mat.

·
Registered
2021 TourL
90 Posts
There was a dash mat in a 2017 I went to look at near my place, I will call the dealer and see if they know were it's from, It had all the cutouts for the speakers and mid HL sensor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there was no a lot of feedback from the forum so I went with a Coverking Dash Mat that specifically asks about the dashboard layout and gives two options to choose. Took about a nine days from ordering to delivery and it does have the cutouts for the speakers, HL sensor and does not cover the side air vents in the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would you mind posting a pic of your dashmat installed? I'm undecided on this, as the ill-fitting mats from the 80's and 90's have me very torn on wanting this one. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you mind posting a pic of your dashmat installed? I'm undecided on this, as the ill-fitting mats from the 80's and 90's have me very torn on wanting this one. Thanks in advance...
I actually bought both types of dash mat for the van.

This is the regular 'carpet' version

Installed, I was not too pleased with the way it lay on the dash.

This is the 'molded' version of the dash mat.

The molded version lays better on the dash as you can see but both versions slide off as the Pacifica dash is flatter than the Kansas plains. I had to use a few small pieces of the provided Velcro hooks to keep the mat in place. I intensely dislike putting any type of adhesive on the dash as AZ heat will just destroy the bonding properties and you have clean up a sticky mess but I really had no other options. Hope this visual helps your choices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That did help, thanks for taking the time to post those pics. The molded one is definitely the way to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts