2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The solution may be very simple. Recently, the battery went bad in my 17 Touring L. So, until the dealer could order a new battery, I changed the headlight switch from Auto to Off and went into UConnect and shut off delay headlights when the car is shut down. I drove to a local strip mall and noticed as I drove by in the reflection of a store-front window that the LED strips were illuminated. I checked to make sure the switch was in the off position and said to self: 'so that's how you do get only the LED strips to light up'. Apparently, when the car is in motion the LED strips light up by default, whether the switch is turned on or not.

I should point out that this car used to have a blue icon light up when the round DRL were illuminated and the switch was set to auto. When it got dark, the blue would go out and the green headlight icon would light up. No one knows anything about a separate blue icon, completely different from hi-beam indicator that lights up when DRL are on. That's funny b/c I was looking right at it when it flickered and went out one day. The next day the blue icon was back on and working but after about 90 minutes it flickered and went out, never to come back on again. I know I'm not crazy because I said to my girlfriend when we got to the next rest stop at mid-afternoon: 'do me a favor and take a look to see if the daytime running lights are on. The blue icon flickered and went out around mid-morning. Let's see if they are still working.' I sat with my foot on the brake, the switch on auto, car in drive and engine running. She looked and confirmed they were indeed on.
As I said above nobody knows anything about a blue icon illuminating to indicate DRL are on. So maybe my switch or something else doesn't work right. But try driving the car with the headlights set to Off and the Delayed Off unchecked in UConnect. Then drive to a store with a glass front and see in the reflection if you have just the LEDs illuminated as you drive by.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even headlights set to off should run the DRL's, from my understanding.

Reactions: kohyuta

·
Registered
36 Posts
I should point out that this car used to have a blue icon light up when the round DRL were illuminated and the switch was set to auto.
You should get a pic next time. Or even a pic when it's not on, as you should be able to see the outline of the icon even when it's not lit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunate moniker. I’m thinking this.
agreed, but the functionality is unbeatable. For the price of the part I installed and activated the integrated trailer brake controller (whereas dealer charge for a 20 min job is $350 including part), as well as activated hill descent control with a $5 button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
agreed, but the functionality is unbeatable. For the price of the part I installed and activated the integrated trailer brake controller (whereas dealer charge for a 20 min job is $350 including part), as well as activated hill descent control with a $5 button.
What button did you buy for the Hill Decent Control? (I have AppCar DiagFCA and can enable the option as well)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I dont know if this is the case but the LED line on the bottom of the headlight only turns on when the headlight is on, it does not turn on when the daylight running light is on, is this what everybody has? mine is a touring L

Thanks
For most Pacifica's with a trim level below the Limited, the LED strip below the headlight comes on with the headlights and in the parking light position. I also comes on with remote starts and is on the low-intensity side (one LED). On the limited, it acts as the hi-intensity (6 LED) DRL but dims (1 LED) for headlight and parking light use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What button did you buy for the Hill Decent Control? (I have AppCar DiagFCA and can enable the option as well)
I was talking about on my F150 with Forscan. The simple OEM dash button was plug in and install and just had to activate the code.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it does not turn on with ANY function, it's a high probability it's the LED control module attached to the headlight assembly
Iit will turn on when I have the headlights on, but when I turn the Daytime Running Lights on, only my driver side led strip turns on :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
Iit will turn on when I have the headlights on, but when I turn the Daytime Running Lights on, only my driver side led strip turns on :(
Are those different brightness settings?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I assume you have a Limited. Those headlights have two inputs for the LED strips: one high power and one low power. It is my understanding that the high-power one is used for DRLs but the low-power one is used along with the headlights. Hence my question: when you say the strip comes on with the headlights, is that at the reduced brightness, and it is the high-brightness setting that doesn't work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I assume you have a Limited. Those headlights have two inputs for the LED strips: one high power and one low power. It is my understanding that the high-power one is used for DRLs but the low-power one is used along with the headlights. Hence my question: when you say the strip comes on with the headlights, is that at the reduced brightness, and it is the high-brightness setting that doesn't work?
That makes sense, so yes the high power passenger side does not come on, but when my headlights are on the low powered DRLs come on. So must be something to do with the high powered strip? 2018 Pacifica Limited, sorry forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just probed the connector, so if you have the equipment you could try unplugging the headlight and applying 12V to the pins indicated below (pardon the ascii art):

Code:
6 7
- -
- - - - -
1 2 3 4 5
One side of the connector only has two pins, which makes the polarity easy to see. If you apply +12V to pin 3 and ground pin 1, the high-powered LED strip should come on (+12 on 2 is the low-powered one, 4-5 is the low beam and 6-7 the high beam.)

I don't know how feasible it is to do this with the headlight in place...

·
Registered
42 Posts
That makes sense, so yes the high power passenger side does not come on, but when my headlights are on the low powered DRLs come on. So must be something to do with the high powered strip? 2018 Pacifica Limited, sorry forgot to mention that.
OK. so the limited has 6 LED's on the control module attached to the headlight assembly, all 6 are used for DRL, only "one" is used as LOW power for parking/headlight/remote start operation. The fact that the (low power) works as it should but not the 6, (DRL), to me indicates an issue with the control module attached to the headlight (see picture of Limited 6-LED DRL Module) There is a remote possibility it's in the BCM but I'd put my money on the DRL module. The LED strip acts as a light pipe where the end rests up close to the LED cluster.
pacifica HID LED module-edit.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is a remote possibility it's in the BCM but I'd put my money on the DRL module.
Me too, although it could also be the LED module itself or the wiring between the driver and the LEDs, so it would be good to verify.

Reactions: Greyrock

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My passenger side drl led strip wont turn on, any ideas?
Yes. It appears that the power module located on the bottom of the headlight assembly is going out. I have done some research on this after having the same problem. You can visually see it here

I am currently in the process of attempting to get this covered under my MaxCare extended warranty.

Update: I read later you have a limited. I think all pacificas have 6 LEDs. I have noticed that when my car is remote started, the LED strip is much brighter and dims when the car's start push button is engaged.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The solution may be very simple. Recently, the battery went bad in my 17 Touring L. So, until the dealer could order a new battery, I changed the headlight switch from Auto to Off and went into UConnect and shut off delay headlights when the car is shut down. I drove to a local strip mall and noticed as I drove by in the reflection of a store-front window that the LED strips were illuminated. I checked to make sure the switch was in the off position and said to self: 'so that's how you do get only the LED strips to light up'. Apparently, when the car is in motion the LED strips light up by default, whether the switch is turned on or not.

I should point out that this car used to have a blue icon light up when the round DRL were illuminated and the switch was set to auto. When it got dark, the blue would go out and the green headlight icon would light up. No one knows anything about a separate blue icon, completely different from hi-beam indicator that lights up when DRL are on. That's funny b/c I was looking right at it when it flickered and went out one day. The next day the blue icon was back on and working but after about 90 minutes it flickered and went out, never to come back on again. I know I'm not crazy because I said to my girlfriend when we got to the next rest stop at mid-afternoon: 'do me a favor and take a look to see if the daytime running lights are on. The blue icon flickered and went out around mid-morning. Let's see if they are still working.' I sat with my foot on the brake, the switch on auto, car in drive and engine running. She looked and confirmed they were indeed on.
As I said above nobody knows anything about a blue icon illuminating to indicate DRL are on. So maybe my switch or something else doesn't work right. But try driving the car with the headlights set to Off and the Delayed Off unchecked in UConnect. Then drive to a store with a glass front and see in the reflection if you have just the LEDs illuminated as you drive by.
I just tried this on my touring L plus 2017 and it did not work. Could you do a video showing us how it works thank you

101 - 120 of 128 Posts