2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Pacifica Touring L Plus 2018
2 Posts
I just probed the connector, so if you have the equipment you could try unplugging the headlight and applying 12V to the pins indicated below (pardon the ascii art):

Code:
6 7
- -
- - - - -
1 2 3 4 5
One side of the connector only has two pins, which makes the polarity easy to see. If you apply +12V to pin 3 and ground pin 1, the high-powered LED strip should come on (+12 on 2 is the low-powered one, 4-5 is the low beam and 6-7 the high beam.)

I don't know how feasible it is to do this with the headlight in place...
Hello,
my car is Pacifica Touring L Plus 2018.
I bought 2 modules from Pacifica Limited and thought that after installation and programming with the Appcar Diag FCA on Dedicated DRL, the DRL would work like Limited.
Unfortunately, that didn't work out. I did the installation, and now it is like this:
After programming DRL from High-beam (standard) to Dedicated DRL, DRL do not light up.
When I switch on the parking light - the LED flashes only once and goes dark.

I looked at the wiring of the headlights and found that there is no cable to Pin3.
Does that mean that the module of Limited with 6 LED absolutely with my car can not be worked?

I saw on the internet that also there are different driver modules can be installed under the headlights - 147000015300 and 147000015100,
but where if the cable (Pin3) at the wiring of the headlights not exist or is not connected, it may or will not work.

Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello,
I bought 2 modules from Pacifica Limited and thought that after installation and programming with the Appcar Diag FCA on Dedicated DRL, the DRL would work like Limited.
Unfortunately, that didn't work out. I did the installation, and now it is like this:
After programming DRL from High-beam (standard) to Dedicated DRL, DRL do not light up.

I looked at the wiring of the headlights and found that there is no cable to Pin3.
Does that mean that the module of Limited with 6 LED absolutely with my car can not be worked?

I saw on the internet that also there are different driver modules can be installed under the headlights - 147000015300 and 147000015100,
but where if the cable (Pin3) at the wiring of the headlights not exist or is not connected, it may or will not work.

Did you also change the lower control modules on both headlights? they control the 6-LED Modules you swapped. Let me know, this is something I want to do but have not done so, I have all the parts (4 modules) but need to get up the nerve to pull off the front bumper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello,

GennyV so you had the AppCar APP, the bypass module and the ODB connector? I've been reading that is what is needed. Of course the hardware too, (4 modules, 2 each side - LED AND control)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I am interested in LED DRL retrofitting too. But let's talk about it on a more technical level....
I have Service manual - there are zero information about difference between LED and normal DRL. Only connection of Headlight unit to BCM (Body Control Module).
No explanation how it works inside, no explanation what happens if LED DRL is on and direction light is on and no information like this are there... It is manual for service which says: "If something is not working like this, this module/wire is broken - change it!".
I'm disappointed, so it takes my own initiative and analysis....

Block Diagram of Premium Headlamp:

Wiring Diagram of Premium Headlamp:

I have Pacifica Touring L and on C1 connector is not present wire DRL LAMP DRIVER (pin #8). Even pin #5 FSD IGN is not used, which looks to be power source. Maybe I'll look on BCM connector, if the pin is used.
Simply it looks that it is needed to add this connections, control units and LED modules to both headlamps. And maybe whole headlamp body is different in its own wiring inside...
... and it looks like something, which is not easy to retrofit and specially it won't be cheap. Maybe the best choice is to buy complete headlamps and than only provide wires to BCM.
I see on Mopar two headlight types with and without LED heatsink and the price is even better :-D ... 68228947ai vs. 68342193ae

It's crazy and it is total chaos to be sure what it what. Better to forgot...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello,
I am interested in LED DRL retrofitting too. But let's talk about it on a more technical level....
I have Service manual - there are zero information about difference between LED and normal DRL. Only connection of Headlight unit to BCM (Body Control Module).
No explanation how it works inside, no explanation what happens if LED DRL is on and direction light is on and no information like this are there... It is manual for service which says: "If something is not working like this, this module/wire is broken - change it!".
I'm disappointed, so it takes my own initiative and analysis....

Block Diagram of Premium Headlamp:

View attachment 47258

Wiring Diagram of Premium Headlamp:

View attachment 47259

I have Pacifica Touring L and on C1 connector is not present wire DRL LAMP DRIVER (pin #8). Even pin #5 FSD IGN is not used, which looks to be power source. Maybe I'll look on BCM connector, if the pin is used.
Simply it looks that it is needed to add this connections, control units and LED modules to both headlamps. And maybe whole headlamp body is different in its own wiring inside...
... and it looks like something, which is not easy to retrofit and specially it won't be cheap. Maybe the best choice is to buy complete headlamps and than only provide wires to BCM.
I see on Mopar two headlight types with and without LED heatsink and the price is even better :-D ... 68228947ai vs. 68342193ae

It's crazy and it is total chaos to be sure what it what. Better to forgot...
I have a TL+ and the two modules needed for LED DRL on each headlight (6-LED array side module and control module that mounts (replaces) the current control module. I'm just getting up the nerve to pull the bumper off, replace these modules and test them BEFORE putting it back together. From what I've been reading I may or may not need a USB to ODB connector, software and a bypass module. I'll try it first before acquiring these extra parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a TL+ and the two modules needed for LED DRL on each headlight (6-LED array side module and control module that mounts (replaces) the current control module. I'm just getting up the nerve to pull the bumper off, replace these modules and test them BEFORE putting it back together. From what I've been reading I may or may not need a USB to ODB connector, software and a bypass module. I'll try it first before acquiring these extra parts
I am pretty sure you need diagnostic device to enable LED DRL ... I am using OBD JScan app from AppStore and some LED DRL activation items are there. And you need to add 2 more wires for each lamp as you see in the schematics.

Please, are you able to add here really detailed images of your modules to see what it contains and what parts are on the board? I saw that LED module may have second smaller part. Have you got it?

The best would be if you take a photo of all modules even new and old. And I don't know, but it looks that it is possible, if you can open control module and take image of how it look inside. After than I can tell you how "smart" is the control unit, if it has its own processor and memory, which can be copy to old one and so on...

And look at the main connector to headlamp. My (TL 2017) is on the picture below (this is from drivers side). Only three wires - high, low and parking and black ground wires. So there is missing DRL drive wire from BCM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
.... and...
I did a little research and found that on BCM connector D (C4) is present the wire WHT/YEL (pin #15). So this wire must end on the connector (XY103A), from which starts the Frond end module wiring - Front End Module Wiring - Mopar (68242590AH)

See image:

But where is position of the connector (XY103A) I really don't know... somewhere behind bumper?

My next step will be to attach extension wire to yellow/white wire (DRL driver) and measure signal when DRL is on. Now I have low beam as DRL so I am expecting no signal. But after turn on Dedicated DRL using diagnostic I hope there will be some signal which will react to turn signal etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I probably measured in the wrong way, but some activity was on the DRL driver wire. Only when I enabled dedicated type of DRL lamp there was change in some mV values when I changed light conditions to activate and deactivate DRL. Maybe the BCM is expecting some resistance to see exact signal...
But access to the unit is terrible and I didn't have enough time to work more.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts