2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the dealers have access to the software update 08-014-18 REV. A that is being ditributed OTA available to them as of September 13, 2018.

08-117-18 states:

"-PHEV vehicles may intermittently not charge when using the scheduled charging feature
instead of “Charge Now” button.
• When shifting to reverse, the radio displays blue/black lines instead of the rear view camera
and is followed by a reset.
• Radio stays on with key ”OFF” and drains battery.
• Wi-Fi feature cannot be renewed after the trial period has expired.
• Radio reboots multiple times when a Samsung J-7Tphone is connected for charging only.
• Audio System starts up with the anti-theft screen.
• Radio processor freezes while the navigation screen is loading.
• Back-up camera remains live when shifted out of reverse beyond the intended delay feature.
• Anti-theft code request message.
• Backup camera screen is blank.
• Radio control screen is blank or locked.
• Radio resets intermittently.
• Unable to adjust volume.
• Radio will not switch modes between AM, FM, SAT or Media.

In addition, the following enhancements are included in this update:

• Improvement to BluetoothTphone pairing.
• Improved sound quality when using a Bluetooth phone."

See Original here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/93h3f1tngqxmja2/Sept 13 Radio Enhancements.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like the dealers have access to the software update 08-014-18 REV. A that is being ditributed OTA available to them as of September 13, 2018.

08-117-18 states:

"-PHEV vehicles may intermittently not charge when using the scheduled charging feature
instead of “Charge Now” button.
• When shifting to reverse, the radio displays blue/black lines instead of the rear view camera
and is followed by a reset.
• Radio stays on with key ”OFF” and drains battery.
• Wi-Fi feature cannot be renewed after the trial period has expired.
• Radio reboots multiple times when a Samsung J-7Tphone is connected for charging only.
• Audio System starts up with the anti-theft screen.
• Radio processor freezes while the navigation screen is loading.
• Back-up camera remains live when shifted out of reverse beyond the intended delay feature.
• Anti-theft code request message.
• Backup camera screen is blank.
• Radio control screen is blank or locked.
• Radio resets intermittently.
• Unable to adjust volume.
• Radio will not switch modes between AM, FM, SAT or Media.

In addition, the following enhancements are included in this update:

• Improvement to BluetoothTphone pairing.
• Improved sound quality when using a Bluetooth phone."

See Original here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/93h3f1tngqxmja2/Sept 13 Radio Enhancements.pdf?dl=0
Thanks, I will get mine checked while its at the dealer since an Oil change and a CEL takes 4 days to get to. :frown2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
So this is the exact same as the OTA update from the past month? I'm bringing mine in on Friday to have the RRT done and replace a panel they broke during my last service.

One issue I see with the OTA update is it still won't stop charging on the schedule. It seems to start perfectly now in the last 5 or so times I tried it, but it doesn't stop on its own. If I go outside and unplug it and plug it back in, it stops charging.

Also I still cant refresh the app. It seemed to start working again but then it stopped again. Being used to the Tesla app which is so fast and virtually always works it's a little baffling how poorly the SXM Guardian app behaves.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So this is the exact same as the OTA update from the past month? I'm bringing mine in on Friday to have the RRT done and replace a panel they broke during my last service.

One issue I see with the OTA update is it still won't stop charging on the schedule. It seems to start perfectly now in the last 5 or so times I tried it, but it doesn't stop on its own. If I go outside and unplug it and plug it back in, it stops charging.

Also I still cant refresh the app. It seemed to start working again but then it stopped again. Being used to the Tesla app which is so fast and virtually always works it's a little baffling how poorly the SXM Guardian app behaves.
The descriptions and the software level afterward are the same as the OTA update from July 14th.

Did you get the OTA update already?

This is more a heads up for those that dont want to wait any longer, or selected a scheduled update and have missed out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep I got the OTA last Sunday. So far the only things I've noticed are the van seems to start charging on schedule (but still doesn't stop on schedule). Also, app no longer refreshes the charge state anymore after the update. I heard 72 hours was the time needed to wait but still not working. Guess I'll mention it to the dealer in case they can pass that info along.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The descriptions and the software level afterward are the same as the OTA update from July 14th.

This is more a heads up for those that dont want to wait any longer, or selected a scheduled update and have missed out.
:surprise:
I saw the notification popped up when I was driving 3 days ago, so I set it to schedule update at 11:30 at night, but it doesn't seem to have updated yet. @m0ebius604, Are you saying that the schedule update doesn't work? :frown2:
thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have you used the temp up/down/front defroster buttons while in ACC mode to see what version you are running? After mine updated it did give me a screen showing that the update completed.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

/forum/images/PacificaForums/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
I saw the notification popped up when I was driving 3 days ago, so I set it to schedule update at 11:30 at night, but it doesn't seem to have updated yet. @m0ebius604, Are you saying that the schedule update doesn't work? /forum/images/PacificaForums/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
thanks
I scheduled mine later in the same day, that was over a week ago and still no update. So possible scheduling is broken.
Have you used the temp up/down/front defroster buttons while in ACC mode to see what version you are running? After mine updated it did give me a screen showing that the update completed.
That is what appears to be the case.

I havent heard anyone say the scheduled update has come through for them.

Check your software level and if its not updated you can just get the dealer to do it on your next visit. The instructions are in the link I provided.

The OTA version seems to have fixed plenty of the issues and IMO is worth it..

The app never really worked properly anyway and I think it only needs to be activated manually again afterward to work.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Yes I’ve checked the version, still on the old one. I usually wait until I have a few different issues before going through dealer hassle and just had them handle my list and recalls a couple weeks back. Good to know dealer is an option now though as opposed to the usual “we have no control you just have to wait for it to appear”.

·
Registered
68 Posts
would be nice if there is an option in the setting menu to go check for OTA update like most of the Android tablets, which I'm convinced that's what Uconnect is built out of! LOL :grin2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
would be nice if there is an option in the setting menu to go check for OTA update like most of the Android tablets, which I'm convinced that's what Uconnect is built out of! LOL :grin2:
The front UConnect system is actually built on the QNX real-time operating system (as opposed to Android which is built on top of Linux). The rear theater system is Linux based but doesn't seem to have anything to do with Android either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I got this new update last week...

My cameras still look blue sometimes? See attached pictures...

Is this "When shifting to reverse, the radio displays blue/black lines instead of the rear view camera and is followed by a reset." what is supposed to be fixed??? It's all blue in color and eventually fixes itself but mine has never reset???

See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
So I got this new update last week...

My cameras still look blue sometimes? See attached pictures...

Is this "When shifting to reverse, the radio displays blue/black lines instead of the rear view camera and is followed by a reset." what is supposed to be fixed??? It's all blue in color and eventually fixes itself but mine has never reset???

See attached.
I haven't gotten this update yet but mine sometimes goes blue. Seems to be in low light at dawn or dusk. I've always thought it's intentional as a way to compensate for the low light. Are you seeing it at other times?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't gotten this update yet but mine sometimes goes blue. Seems to be in low light at dawn or dusk. I've always thought it's intentional as a way to compensate for the low light. Are you seeing it at other times?
Nope, always with low light. I posted on the facebook group to and everyone said it's a low light compensation thing! Still dumb. Bad software IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can someone who either had this done at the dealership or got the OTA report their hardware part number from the info screen that reports the software version? I just got my Pachy (built in July 18) and both the dealership, uconnect site, and uconnect support insist there are no updates for it even though it is running a 2017 build (17.50.59.) I really would like to get an update if possible as that Bluetooth static is heinous, although I can't say I've had any other uconnect issues in the 4 days I've had the car. The linked TSB specifically cars manufactured during or before January, makes me wonder if the newer cars have a different hardware revision of the radio that gets different updates (or might eventually, since there apparently aren't any yet.) My hardware part number is CNSC17N0GL for reference.

Edit: nope that's not it, got the OTA the next day, same version everyone else is. Makes me wonder if they mark the VIN as eligible for the dealership when they attempt the OTA, as I was just there yesterday and they didn't find anything for my car. Update seems to fix the Bluetooth static (so far anyway, it was always itermittant and I haven't ran it much yet) and also makes it so the voice recognition button no longer tries to activate Siri on my Android phone anymore. I wish it would now activate Google Assistant, but it just does the car voice recognition now with no long press option.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I scheduled mine later in the same day, that was over a week ago and still no update. So possible scheduling is broken.
I can confirm it is still broken with this update.

Another change is now when you hit pause on the audio you get a mute icon in the top system bar. Also if you hit mute it pause the audio and when you hit mute again it starts playing where you muted it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there anyway to get this update manually? I've had the van 2.5 months and haven't seen an update.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Thats the point of this thread dude. You can now take it to the dealer and tell them you want this done.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can confirm it is still broken with this update.

Another change is now when you hit pause on the audio you get a mute icon in the top system bar. Also if you hit mute it pause the audio and when you hit mute again it starts playing where you muted it.

Did you end up having the dealer do the install or did it finally ask you again at some point?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
13 Participants
Rusty
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing