2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Dealerships Northern California

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
Looking for feedback on Chrysler Dealers in the Bay Area in Northern California. I refuse to go to Stevens Creek in San Jose even though they are a mile away from my home. I had several warranty related issues already and this dealer just gives you the run around every time. They end up keeping your car for days on ends and don’t provide any updates on your car when it’s there. What’s worse is I end up having to call in and you’re lucky if someone picks up before it hits voicemail. It’s so bad that even when Chrysler Corporate calls in to help me, they get frustrated with the lack of response.

Any decent dealership in the Bay Area? I will easily drive 100 miles for good service.

#4 · (Edited)
Gilroy

Gilroy has the best prices perhaps even in the nation.
As far as service goes I don't know.
South County is the name of the dealership.
A lot of the San Jose dealerships take or leave it attitude
and are pretty arrogant at least with Euro cars.
Yeah finding good service with these may be hard as

there is not a lot of experience fixing them . Just read some of

the car stopped or burned up threads here.

#5 ·
Normandin in San Jose has been OK. No issues with them screwing up the vehicle while it is there, but they could be a little better about updates, although that has improved in the last 6 months or so. They may be above average as far as dealer service around here.

As far as sales I would also say that Gilroy is the place (I ended up getting my Vehicle in Anaheim since Bay Area dealers wouldn't do anything as far as price goes over a year ago.)

#6 ·
Lasher's Elk Grove CDJ (916) 405-2600. If you need an experienced sales rep there, Victor Macias (209) 652-7233. I cannot speak as to the talent of other reps there, but Victor treats his customers like close family. I suppose that is why he has only worked at two dealerships in the last 30 years. The last dealership he worked at went out of business during the 2008 meltdown when Lasher got lucky and hired him.

#7 ·
Stead Hilltop Chrysler in Richmond Hilltop for service. They have consistently been great in servicing our two Pacifica PHEVs. As for purchasing there, I have no experience, we have always bought from dealers with the best price and selection.

#11 ·
I know this is an old thread, but is this still your take? I just took my Pachy there yesterday and they seem to have their head up their butts when it comes to the hybrid/battery. Took it there because after owning it 4 months, the last 2 months the range on 100% charge has gone down by 50%. Nothing else changed. The tech, Myron or Byron, (can't recall which), claims he is the supervising tech there, and said he drove it 16 miles on the freeway and another 7 on the street, and battery still showing 100%. I pointed out that is not possible since it would've had to use SOME battery, but he insists there is no problem and that I just don't understand how hybrids work. So yeah, not happy with them. This is total crap.

#8 ·
I've had decent luck at Walnut Creek Chrysler. They are less terrible than other ones I have been to :). They replaced my transmission completely a year ago, did it in about 3 weeks. Got a loaner from Enterprise right down the street.

Never go to Lithia in Concord, absolutely horrible service. I've really been spoiled by Tesla's level of service.

#9 ·
I've had decent luck at Walnut Creek Chrysler. They are less terrible than other ones I have been to /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif. They replaced my transmission completely a year ago, did it in about 3 weeks. Got a loaner from Enterprise right down the street.

Never go to Lithia in Concord, absolutely horrible service. I've really been spoiled by Tesla's level of service.
I heard that too! They are 85 miles from me, I’m willing to put up with the Bay Area traffic just to get good service!!

Thanks for the feedback.

#10 ·
I am new to the community. Recently picked up a 2019 Hybrid Limited. I also bought a Mopar Protection Plan.

Looking to find a reasonable service center in the West San Jose Area.

Given the option between:
Normandin
Stevens Creek
South County
Fremont

I have seen some Google reviews, but a lot of them are for sales and not service.

I have seen some reviews that complained dealerships would upcharge on the Mopar Protection Plan pre-paid service, saying that it didn't totally cover the cost for the service.

#14 ·
I want to warn people against taking their hybrid to Richmond Hilltop (Stead Auto) for servicing. I have had an abysmal experience that borders on absurd. Took my Pachy there this past Thursday to have battery range checked. I have been getting 16-20 miles on a full charge for past couple months. Was getting 32+. Didn't matter if I used heat, if it was a warm day (not that it's ever really that cold here), etc. Get a call Friday from advisor telling me my car was inspected and no problem. Tech gets on phone and says they charged my car the "usual" 4 hours (since when is 4hours on L2 "usual"), drove it 16 miles, and the battery did not go down AT all. I.e. it remained at 100%. I asked how that was even possible. They get service manager Myron on phone who proceeds to talk down to me and essentially express that I just don't understand how hybrids work. I told him I wasn't a tech, but I know that the Pachy uses available battery before going to hybrid/ICE, so if he drove 16 miles with NO reduction in battery, there was an issue, either the vehicle wasn't using the battery, or the vehicle was not registering a decrease in the battery. He said it was all about "driving conditions." I said take it for a street drive (their initial test drive was on freeway). Long story short, Myron and the tech took for another drive, telling me they drove it 23 miles total (though they later changed that story to 27 miles), with NO decrease in battery, and they said because I brought it in because I was getting poor range, and they were allegedly getting wonderful battery life, case closed. They clearly had zero concept of how the Pachy hybrid system works.
I went to pick it up after multiple phone conversations that were like speaking to a wall where Myron repeatedly insisted our experiences differed due to "driving conditions." In person Myron made false statements about what we had discussed on the phone, presumably because this time there were other employees present. He also wrote things in the report summary that never transpired. But the icing on the cake was when I went to start my vehicle and it was making a very noticeable and odd noise. First and foremost, I could tell the ICE was on. I immediately shut it off and demanded to know what they'd done to my van. Myron called a tech, and I went back and restarted engine, which is when I saw the "fuel refresh mode" prominently displayed on the dash. That's when it became clear to me why the battery had remained at 100% during their 25+ mile drives of my van. I showed another tech and he seemed in disbelief that Myron and whatever tech drove my vehicle would not understand such a basic issue. Myron, who clearly STILL did not understand what the fuel refresh mode was or what it meant for driving, accused me of bringing it in that way, i.e. he seemed to think it was some kind of damage I hadn't reported. Very bizarre. I also discovered they'd used 1/4 tank of gas, at least half of that AFTER the long test drives, which again, the second tech (who seemed to understand this vehicle) could not explain. At first he seemed doubtful about the gas usage, but then I showed him the text message sent by the advisor the day before, which showed the dash board AFTER the test drive, and the gas gauge clearly shows 1/8 tank of gas more than what he and I were looking at.
Also turns out that the "data" Myron relied on as "evidence" that my battery range was fine was simply looking at the battery charge on the dash and comparing it to the miles he drove. He did NOT use the app to see what power was utilized. I know this because his summary report states it, along with the following: "Found PHEV battery at 1% , road tested vehicle running on gas engine to generate power." In other words, they actually believed that the Pachy needs to be driven to charge the hybrid battery. Unbelievable. Please avoid Richmond Hilltop Service center unless you like to waste your time, energy, and sanity on incompetence, ignorance, and arrogance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.