2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2022 Pinnacle in August a few days after ordering opened up. I don't have a delivery date yet, but I do have a VIN. However, I got a call today from the dealer that they have the same 2021 that I can have for the same price. Supposedly, it is the exact same as the one I ordered.

I realize it won't have the Amazon Fire, nor the filtered air, both things I would like. And at the same price, I would really like the 2022. But does anyone have any hint on when the 2022s will start to be delivered? My 2018 that I'm trading in is out of warranty now, and the more miles I put on it, the less I'll get (I do have a guaranteed minimum trade-in-value).

I'd sure like to know if it's worth waiting. I'd like to get it before the end of the year to be able to take the tax credit.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
You probably won’t see 22 , depending on a lot factors , till mid or end of December at best. Just remember that pinnacle supposedly lost the tri pane sunroof but gained trailer tow, air filter , Amazon fire and max regen on dash display . I don’t know how your paying for it but prices did climb for 22 vs the 21 .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the price for the 2022 in writing, and the price they want me to pay for the 2021 is the $10 higher.

I am going to finance part of it through them to get the $750 discount, then pay that off in cash as soon as I am allowed to.

I guess I neglected to originally post that this is a hybrid.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I guess the question is can you utilize the tax credit now for the 21 , can you wait for the 22 . Price increases for 22 are minimal but what fca will offer for 22 vs current 21 is what you should keep in mind . Just look at all the numbers that are on the contract and see where the differences are .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess the question is can you utilize the tax credit now for the 21 , can you wait for the 22 . Price increases for 22 are minimal but what fca will offer for 22 vs current 21 is what you should keep in mind . Just look at all the numbers that are on the contract and see where the differences are .
I can utilize the tax credits either year, but I may be in a higher tax bracket this year than next.

The only differences on the POC are that the 2021 is $10 more on the MSRP but doesn't have the $395 charge for the fathom blue paint.

If I waited to take the 2022, I imagine the dealer might give me the lower of the two trade-in values, which would cost me $1000. (The reason for the lower value was if I put X number more miles on the trade-in, which I'll do if I have to take a planned road trip.)

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I can utilize the tax credits either year, but I may be in a higher tax bracket this year than next.

The only differences on the POC are that the 2021 is $10 more on the MSRP but doesn't have the $395 charge for the fathom blue paint.

If I waited to take the 2022, I imagine the dealer might give me the lower of the two trade-in values, which would cost me $1000. (The reason for the lower value was if I put X number more miles on the trade-in, which I'll do if I have to take a planned road trip.)
If you don’t really care about the Amazon fire I would just take the 21 and call it a day . There’s still a lot of uncertainty and if the tripane roof is important to you your 22 will have the dual pane only . Good luck on your decision .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don’t really care about the Amazon fire I would just take the 21 and call it a day . There’s still a lot of uncertainty and if the tripane roof is important to you your 22 will have the dual pane only . Good luck on your decision .
THanks.

The Amazon fire would be a nice thing, but not absolutley necessary. We've got twin 2 1/2 year olds, and being able to use Amazon to entertain would be a godsend. We could use a Firestick, but we never had much consistent luck with our 2018's Uconnect when inputting external sources.

Thanks to everyone who's weighed in here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We tried to order a 22 today. The sales folks said the word out of Chrysler is at least 10 weeks on Pacifica. But he showed us orders that were 7+ months old they have not received yet. So he said it would likely be much longer than 10 weeks. The guy is pushing a sale out the door doing this as they have zero Pacifica's in stock. So he was not trying to pressure us, just didn't want to build up false hopes just to chock up a sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We tried to order a 22 today. The sales folks said the word out of Chrysler is at least 10 weeks on Pacifica. But he showed us orders that were 7+ months old they have not received yet. So he said it would likely be much longer than 10 weeks. The guy is pushing a sale out the door doing this as they have zero Pacifica's in stock. So he was not trying to pressure us, just didn't want to build up false hopes just to chock up a sale.
I got a hold of Chrysler on the chat yesterday. I was told that they have not started on 2022's yet.

The 2021 that our dealer is getting this week was ordered in March.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got a hold of Chrysler on the chat yesterday. I was told that they have not started on 2022's yet.

The 2021 that our dealer is getting this week was ordered in March.
Order date doesn't seem much relevant. See some here have ordered in March and got his order converted to '22
Others had their April and even may orders built already.
According to this source (don't know how reliable it is though), '22 job #1 should be on November 15th

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Order date doesn't seem much relevant. See some here have ordered in March and got his order converted to '22
Others had their April and even may orders built already.
According to this source (don't know how reliable it is though), '22 job #1 should be on November 15th
Is there any indication anywhere on how many 2022s are on order now?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is there any indication anywhere on how many 2022s are on order now?
Not that I know of.
A Facebook comment from a WAP employee last week says that by Saturday (october 23rd) they would have produced more in 3 weeks than what had been ordered in the past 3 months. Since they produce between 4000 to 5000 per week, that means approximately 12000 to 15000 orders from mid-July to mid-October. I don't know if that includes or not '21 orders from before mid-july converted to '22.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not that I know of.
A Facebook comment from a WAP employee last week says that by Saturday (october 23rd) they would have produced more in 3 weeks than what had been ordered in the past 3 months. Since they produce between 4000 to 5000 per week, that means approximately 12000 to 15000 orders from mid-July to mid-October. I don't know if that includes or not '21 orders from before mid-july converted to '22.
Reading this, and using EXTREMELY iffy extrapolations, if I ordered on Aug 26, and if the 2022s will start being built Nov 16, then my van might be built by the end of November. Another few weeks in transit, so that means an end of the year delivery.

So, my choice is to take the 2021 version of the same car this week or next, or get the 2022, with the new changes (air, Amazon fire, and whatever the max regeneration display is).

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Reading this, and using EXTREMELY iffy extrapolations, if I ordered on Aug 26, and if the 2022s will start being built Nov 16, then my van might be built by the end of November. Another few weeks in transit, so that means an end of the year delivery.

So, my choice is to take the 2021 version of the same car this week or next, or get the 2022, with the new changes (air, Amazon fire, and whatever the max regeneration display is).
I would shoot for mid to end of January as being more realistic , and that’s if no downtime or plant shortages

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts

You can buy 2 iPads and put kids shows on them for far less than the UConnect Theatre option, and they are not stuck in a vehicle that sits 95% of the time.

·
Registered
245 Posts
About how many '22s are on order right now, it's hard to say, but this site here has Pacifica monthly sales figures up to September 2021. Monthly sales roughly match weekly production for pretty much all of 2021.

Based on that, I would "guestimate" by the end of November most current orders should have been built. To that add the post-build steps plus shipping time, I'd expect the earliest '22 to arrive at dealers around mid- December. Note these are just guesses and I could be totally off tracks. And of course that's if there is no more plant shutdowns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can buy 2 iPads and put kids shows on them for far less than the UConnect Theatre option, and they are not stuck in a vehicle that sits 95% of the time.
I wish it were that easy for us. Our girls are 2 1/2, and they drop their Amazon fires on the floor of the van, touch the screen and stop the video, and everything else. Just one of our regular 13-hour trips makes the Uconnect worth the price! :giggle:

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
I wish it were that easy for us. Our girls are 2 1/2, and they drop their Amazon fires on the floor of the van, touch the screen and stop the video, and everything else. Just one of our regular 13-hour trips makes the Uconnect worth the price! :giggle:
That may be, but give them a few months and that’ll be done. My just 3 year old has no problem managing an iPad, not that they are allowed it in the van. But it’s way more flexible and way cheaper. And on an iPad you can use Guided Access to lock it in to a single app, lock out touch controls, prevent volume changes. UConnect theatre just seems like a lot of money for something that’s stuck in the van and is unlikely to see many updates, if any unfortunately. The legacy OEMs still haven’t gotten the message on vehicle software.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts