2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a strip of tint on the winshield today. it make a HUGE difference let me tell ya! also put on the DayVue screen protector. it seriously is almost impossible to see that its on, i swear the screen looks slightly clearer but im not sure. anyway its a protected screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Great. What screen protectors are you talking about? Windscreen??? What product?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does the screen protector have 90 degree corners, or rounded corners? I got one from Amazon with rounded corners and it looked terrible. Does it help with fingerprints? I have a hard time wiping the fingerprints off with a microfiber cloth on the uConnect screen - I really have to work at it. On my Honda the fingerprints wipe off with ease, so they must put some kind of oleophobic coating on their screens nor present on the Pacifica’s.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the screen protector have 90 degree corners, or rounded corners? I got one from Amazon with rounded corners and it looked terrible. Does it help with fingerprints? I have a hard time wiping the fingerprints off with a microfiber cloth on the uConnect screen - I really have to work at it. On my Honda the fingerprints wipe off with ease, so they must put some kind of oleophobic coating on their screens nor present on the Pacifica’s.

90 degree corners. its just a hair smaller than the screen itself. and its glass so it should be easier to get the fingerprints off. it really is not even noticeable. its fairly cheap insurance, give it a go!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I still have my factory screen protector on :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still have my factory screen protector on :D

hhaha lucky i told them to NOT take it off.....they did anyway and i freaked out on them, so they gave me 2 free oil changes LOL

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
OK, I understand using protectors on the phones because some people put them together with keys or other scratchy objects. Scratching a car screen seems unlikely.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it isn't about protection,

It is about reducing Glare and reducing Fingerprints

BINGO........i hate fingerprint smudges LOL

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Yes, I have the 8.4 screen. I have the limited model. The finger prints didn't bother me that much, rather I haven't looked hard enough. Now may be I'll keep a microfiber cloth handy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The fingerprints and smudges are 100% still there but slightly reduced with the screen protector and the reduction on glare is minimal at best from what I have seen (*to my eyes*) installing these protectors in our van. But they are already on so they will stay in place. I wouldn’t do it again though unless my next vehicle actually has a glare problem. But to me it wasn’t worth it for the fingerprints or the glare. I am in our van and rental vans weekly so I have had lots of seat time / screen time to compare in various states/cities and different climates and sun exposures.

Simply keeping a microfiber towel for the occasional wipe is probably the best way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts