2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
@BrettP thank you very much for your tips and "manual". Replacing the EVAP purge valve did help in my case. Since I made the replacement I'm driving now about 2 months without the MIL. It came out almost every week so in my case this simple fix resolved the problem.
Kindest regards from Poland :)
Mike
Hey, Mike! Greetings from Houston to Poland. I am so glad it helped you. As our vehicles age, I’m sure new types of EVAP leaks will start showing up but the purge solenoid is so notorious, inexpensive and easy to replace that many DIYers may want to replace it as a first step before paying $$$ for a professional to hook up a smoke machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@BrettP I wanted to say thanks for your information on this. 3 weeks ago the check engine light came on with our vehicle just past warranty. The dealership would have charged $115 diagnostics fee just to look at it. I got an ODB2 reader on Amazon for $20, read the code P0456, found this thread and replaced the purge valve with the $23 Autozone part number PV749, reset the code and the light's been off for 16 days now. 75% of the time to replace it was trying to get the clamp off without breaking it...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
@BrettP I wanted to say thanks for your information on this. 3 weeks ago the check engine light came on with our vehicle just past warranty. The dealership would have charged $115 diagnostics fee just to look at it. I got an ODB2 reader on Amazon for $20, read the code P0456, found this thread and replaced the purge valve with the $23 Autozone part number PV749, reset the code and the light's been off for 16 days now. 75% of the time to replace it was trying to get the clamp off without breaking it...
Thank you so much for the kind words knappster! At 16 days you are probably out of the woods.
I can't believe we used to repair cars without the benefit of forums and YouTube!!!! Last month my son called saying his Toyota Tacoma manual transmission was "slipping out of gear" on the highway. From his breathless description I immediately thought clutch plate, throw out bearing, etc., so it sounded pretty expensive to me but thanks to folks on the Toyota forum it turned out to be a little $20 part replaceable from inside the truck right under the shifter boot. Like you, I am pretty thankful for other forum members and am just glad I was able to pass something on.
Regards,
Brett

41 - 43 of 43 Posts