2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the consensus on these 2 extra warranties? I know they can be had lower priced than listed MSRP. But if you did or did not purchase, please share why or why not...

Tire and Wheel 7 year, No deductible, MSRP $470
Benefits
Full Repair or Replacement Cost for all four (4) OEM or aftermarket tires and wheels, or Full Replacement Value (at current retail market value) for all four (4) tires and wheels where tires/wheels are no longer available. Includes cost of mounting, balancing and stems.

• Up to $1,500 maximum per year for tires/wheels.
• Includes replacement of tire pressure sensor gauge
• $100 “Sign-And-Go” Towing and Roadside Assistance
• $0 Deductible per repair visit
• 24 Hour Service Provided by Agero, Inc. 1-800-521-2779

NOTE: Plan coverage applies only to the damaged tire and/or wheel. Tires must have a minimum of 2/32" tread depth (4/32" for trucks/sport utility vehicles) to qualify for Road Hazard coverage. Damage due to lack of maintenance, normal wear and tear, cosmetic blemishes or scratches, corrosion, loss of color, or other conditions that do not impact the ability of the wheel to hold air or be properly balanced are not covered. Please see the Plan Provision for full details.

Auto Appearance Care Plus 5 year, No deductible, MSRP $565
Benefits
AUTO APPEARANCE CARE PLUS - All Plan Benefits of Auto Appearance Care, PLUS...
• Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) coverage of vertical and horizontal sheet metal vehicle body panels, windshield glass and interior trim damages for full term of the plan
• Windshield Glass - Covers cracks and chips (within 1.5” diameter for chips and 6” for cracks)
• Interior Soft Trim - Covers rips, tear and burn holes to interior leather, vinyl and cloth seats, door panels, carpeting and floor mats (within 2” diameter area)
• Additional Plan OPTION 2 allows for “Anytime Sale” and repair coverage of Pre-Existing conditions.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yes. They are available for discounted price from hays Jeep. There’s the name circulating in one of the related threads. I will post the link when I find it. I got the tire and wheel package along with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Tom winkles. He gives good discounts. I think the tire and wheel was around $300 or so which was pretty good value in my opinion. I skipped the appearance care. You can buy it if you think it is worth it. That covers only repairs and not replacement.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking to do the tire wheel like u did. unsure about the appearance one though.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking the T&W for sure, especially with these 20" black noise wheels, I think it brings some comfort and security and could pay for itself quickly. But the AACP, I just am not convinced. How practically, realistically, do you see yourself using the AACP? What are some examples of it being used?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else get these 2 warranty plans?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone else get these 2 warranty plans?
I also got the Tire & Wheel for $295 last year as well as the Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty. I couldn't get any kind of reasonable price from my dealer so I bought from: Tom Winkels, HAYES JEEP, 3718 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008 269-488-2080.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also got the Tire & Wheel for $295 last year as well as the Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty. I couldn't get any kind of reasonable price from my dealer so I bought from: Tom Winkels, HAYES JEEP, 3718 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008 269-488-2080.
I've gotten quotes from Tom Winkels, Bob Cline, and Clay Robbins. They are the 3 guys offering the best deals. All very close in price.

Still deciding, figure I have until 12 mos or 12K miles before having to decide. But no buyers for the Auto Appearance Care Plus 5 Year warranty? How come?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've gotten quotes from Tom Winkels, Bob Cline, and Clay Robbins. They are the 3 guys offering the best deals. All very close in price.

Still deciding, figure I have until 12 mos or 12K miles before having to decide. But no buyers for the Auto Appearance Care Plus 5 Year warranty? How come?
I bought both from Tom at Hayes. Keep in mind Mopar usually raises their warranty prices on April 1st each year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is pretty easy to get a door ding in a parking lot in California when the Santa Ana winds are blowing. The Pacifica has no protection of the rear of the car beyond the back doors as there is no trim piece around the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought both from Tom at Hayes. Keep in mind Mopar usually raises their warranty prices on April 1st each year.
Is this demonstrated every year it goes up on 4/1? Or just April's Fools :laugh:

It is pretty easy to get a door ding in a parking lot in California when the Santa Ana winds are blowing. The Pacifica has no protection of the rear of the car beyond the back doors as there is no trim piece around the wheel wells.
So you got the appearance plus warranty?

·
Registered
273 Posts
My dealer sold me the Tire & Rim warranty in September. It sure cost more than what was discussed early this year. It is not even a Mopar warranty. It is from a third party. $799 ouch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got the tire and wheel warranty. my price was higher than above, but he offset it by changing my interest rate, so my monthly payment stayed the same. he literally told me that i can just put a nail in the sidewalls and get new tires! being that the front 2 are much more worn than the back, and it's still winter up here...... he said mopar never asks for the wheels or tires back as long as it doesn't go over $700 per incident.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I personally would not get either. On average you have to lose money on them or the mfg wouldn't be selling them, and these don't cover any sort of catastrophic event that would have a huge downside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts