2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid with the previous generation UConnect system. We have never had to change the clock with DST (it has just automatically changed) until now. We got in the car this morning (Sunday, November 3), and the time had jumped back two hours instead of just one. We went into the settings, and everything looked good. We even enabled the GPS, as the clock is somehow tied to the GPS, but it didn't work. We had to uncheck the clock sync with GPS, and manually enter the time to make it work.

Any ideas, or anyone deal with this too? Strange behavior. I'm wondering if there was a software update that broke that functionality in our version of the UConnect, because we've never dealt with this before. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went into settings, and had to uncheck "sync with GPS" (or whatever it's officially called), and then had to manually set the clock to get it to tell the correct time. It's almost as if the incorrect time zone was selected.

What makes this odd is that for the 2.5 years we've owned the car, we've never touched the clock settings. It has adjusted flawlessly until now. I'm just wondering if it's just us or if there is a glitch somewhere in there that is causing the issue. Or a setting that was adjusted with an update that needs changing? I don't really know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We own a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid with the previous generation UConnect system. We have never had to change the clock with DST (it has just automatically changed) until now. We got in the car this morning (Sunday, November 3), and the time had jumped back two hours instead of just one. We went into the settings, and everything looked good. We even enabled the GPS, as the clock is somehow tied to the GPS, but it didn't work. We had to uncheck the clock sync with GPS, and manually enter the time to make it work.

Any ideas, or anyone deal with this too? Strange behavior. I'm wondering if there was a software update that broke that functionality in our version of the UConnect, because we've never dealt with this before. Thanks in advance!
Same thing happened to our 2017 Pacifica Limited in Southern Indiana. Haven't found a fix yet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same thing happened to our 2017 Pacifica Limited in Southern Indiana. Haven't found a fix yet.
Thanks for the info. At least it's not just us! I have a dealership appointment soon, so I'll see what they say. At least it can be manually changed, but it's pretty annoying that it has worked flawlessly and now won't keep accurate time automatically.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Thanks for the info. At least it's not just us! I have a dealership appointment soon, so I'll see what they say. At least it can be manually changed, but it's pretty annoying that it has worked flawlessly and now won't keep accurate time automatically.
Same thing happened to my 2017 van clock in California today. Took it off GPS clock for now and manually reset clock. Keep us posted if there is a remedy.
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, build date, etc.) in the signature line it will show up at the bottom of each post.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: Did a factory reset through the settings menu, and then reset everything, and then did a soft reset by holding down the two Uconnect knobs for 10 seconds, and then drove it around for a while. It ended up doing the trick, but did take a few start/stops until it did. We'll see if it's a longer term solution, but it seems to be up and working for me. You may want to give it a try as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
UPDATE: Did a factory reset through the settings menu, and then reset everything, and then did a soft reset by holding down the two Uconnect knobs for 10 seconds, and then drove it around for a while. It ended up doing the trick, but did take a few start/stops until it did. We'll see if it's a longer term solution, but it seems to be up and working for me. You may want to give it a try as well. Good luck!
What software version now shows for your UConnect?
What does the factory reset affect?
After all the software updating my van has had, I would rather reset a clock manually than risk undoing all that has been done to get the van working well.
I suspect that I will need a GPS update or something to get the recent OTA update next time I take the van in and maybe ask about DST and clock. Thanks for letting us know what you did.
(Sorry I posted in a hybrid thread, but my gas 2017 Pacifica had the DST clock problem also.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What software version now shows for your UConnect?
What does the factory reset affect?
After all the software updating my van has had, I would rather reset a clock manually than risk undoing all that has been done to get the van working well.
I suspect that I will need a GPS update or something to get the recent OTA update next time I take the van in and maybe ask about DST and clock. Thanks for letting us know what you did.
(Sorry I posted in a hybrid thread, but my gas 2017 Pacifica had the DST clock problem also.)
I had the same issue this morning with my clock being two hours behind instead of just one hour. I just performed a software update to 18.45.01 and now it displays the proper time. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 is currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 is currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Alison
ChryslerCares
Thanks. The UConnect website was updated with the most recent update available (18.45.01) for my van.
I was able to download and extract the update, put it on a new USB drive, (took off info that came on the new USB drive and saved it in a folder elsewhere to put back on later), and updated the van. The van system information now shows the latest update! The GPS box was checked and the clock was correct.:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ours switched normally. Although I do recall that last spring when we switched to DST it didn’t switch over immediately. Seemed to switch over sometime later in the day on Sunday.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alison
ChryslerCares
I checked for updates on the driveuconnect.com website using our VIN, and it says that no updates are available for our Pacifica Hybrid, but we don't have version 18.45.01 currently installed in our van. What is the latest version that should be available for a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum? Do the gas and hybrid versions update to the same version, or is there a difference? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I checked for updates on the driveuconnect.com website using our VIN, and it says that no updates are available for our Pacifica Hybrid, but we don't have version 18.45.01 currently installed in our van. What is the latest version that should be available for a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum? Do the gas and hybrid versions update to the same version, or is there a difference? Thanks.
Hello. Can you please PM us with your VIN? I would be happy to look into this for you.
Alison
ChryslerCares

1 - 20 of 31 Posts