2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Did yours come with EVTS for $495?

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mathmann 
#1 ·
I just picked up Platinum fully loaded one last night.

When I picked up the vehicle, I noticed there was weird cheap looking button and LED right next to headlight switches. Salesperson told me it was 'factory installed tracking system like Onstar.'

Since I'm already familiar with Uconnect Access which has 911 and assist switches on the mirror, I ask him why this was added to the order since it's MOPAR item (Port or dealer installed) and Uconnect Access have far better capability of tracking charging status and remote functions as well as tracking location.

Sales person just shrugged and said that's how chrysler packaged initial vehicle and they couldn't modify it other than change to priority 1 status (sold order).

After I came home, I looked at other Hybrid's window sticker. Few platinums have this EVTS on the window sticker but those cars are disappearing on dealers website fast.

So, I was wondering, why some cars came with unnecessary aftermarket system for $495? and if it was just added up on the all the first batch of cars which has 'sold order' status with name on it.

Does yours come with Electronic Vehicle tracking system for $495 on the window sticker? Did you place order on the vehicle?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
So, I was wondering, why some cars came with unnecessary aftermarket system for $495? and if it was just added up on the all the first batch of cars which has 'sold order' status with name on it.
It is not an "aftermarket" system. It is a factory option available on all Pacifica models. I would think that the dealer would need to select this option when placing the order for the vehicle. I would not expect the factory would just add it to an order.

Below is the description from Chrysler's Build/Price tool;
Protect your vehicle from loss with the 24/7 electronic vehicle tracking system. Additional service plans are available for emergency service dispatch, security fence, excessive speed notification, arrival/departure notification and online tracking.

Apparently, to get the full benefits of the system, you need to subscribe to a service plan. A system like this may provide a reduction in insurance rates.

#4 ·
Your dealer must have ordered it that way. The factory wouldn't have installed it otherwise.

#6 ·
I also saw this option on a few vehicles on lots here in Maryland. I was wondering what the deal is with this as well.

#7 ·
Problem is Hybrid already comes with Uconnect Access as standard. Uconnect access provide not only wi-fi hotspot but location tracking, remote start, remote lock/unlock, checking of charging status, show odometer and oil life as well as trip meter to show how many miles on electric and hybrid. This $495 option is totally unnecessary and I don't want multiple tracker and immobilizer on the vehicle for no reason.

#8 ·
I got upsold an EVTS when I ordered back in December. Since then, I've learned it does seem like Uconnect access theft alert & locator makes EVTS GPS tracking completely redundant. I guess if you pay for the EVTS Silver or Gold option, there's also Geofencing, Speed monitoring, Historic vehicle tracking maps, Concierge, etc. some of which may be a little more advanced the UConnect access features.

The only utility I can think of that I may care about some day is if I'm too cheap to pay the $149/yr subscription to UConnect access in the future (or pricing goes up and gets too expensive); I think the base EVTS service (GPS locating in the event of theft) is built into the price of the hardware (no additional subscription required).

#9 ·
This is pretty much my situation also. When I ordered by vehicle in December, I chose this option. I'm not sure if I'll find the UConnect Access features valuable enough to want to continue to pay for the service for many years after the free subscription expires. The base EVTS service does not have an annual subscription, and $495 is less expensive than the $695 MSRP for a LoJack. We will see how it turns out. At worst, I wasted $495. At best, I saved $200 over the cost of a LoJack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.