2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Dealership I'm at is advertising $2000-3000 off 2020 Pacifica limited, but saying that the PacHy doesn't have discounts. Bunch of stuff about increased demand and reduced supply. They say the difference from invoice to MSRP is only a couple hundred bucks, while it's closer to $2200 from invoice to MSRP for ICE models. Is that really the case? Anyone have experience in this area when the PacHy model you bought was a newly released version?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

So final offer was $49,994 for 2020 PacHy limited with AST, S appearance and tri-pane moonroof, ordered from factory. According to dealership, invoice is $50,694, while MSRP is a further few hundred more (but still under $51K). Also got them to add another $1K to my trade in (a 2017 RAV4 hybrid limited trim, which puts me just above the mid-point of kbb.com's range), so out the door price (including doc fee, registration, tax, etc) and taking into account trade-in would be $31,066. No additional fees paid to dealer beyond doc fee, registration and tax. That's obviously before the $7500 IRS rebate.

Looking through those figures, does anyone who's ordered a PacHy in the first couple months of the new model year (e.g., Sept-Oct 2016, 2017 or 2018) have any thoughts about the offer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Second dealer with which I've inquired about this gave almost the identical price to the first: $49,963. This is before taxes, fees, trade-in, et cetera. Essentially said that MSRP was $50,824 and dealers have a "hold-back" amount of around $900-950 that they can knock off the price and still not "lose money". I realize that there are manufacturer-dealer incentives that help pad the dealers' profit margins, though my guess is that those are formulaic and based on overall sales, so hard to pin down for a single vehicle that they sell.

A third dealer didn't sound interested in moving the vehicle and just quoted the MSRP and left it at that. Interestingly, that dealer has a 2020 PacHy Limited with AST and sunroof in transit without having been ordered by a customer. So it seems that dealers can actually order PacHys for the lot, as opposed to what I saw earlier on here, that a dealer had said PacHys wouldn't be ordered without a customer name attached to them.

Still hoping to generate some "collective bargaining" here for those putting in orders for 2020 PacHys. As Colonel Mustard said (with wrench in hand) in "Clue": "There's strength in numbers, my dear."

·
Registered
11 Posts
That has been my experience also with pricing. Affiliate or invoice for the hybrid is only a few hundred dollars less than MSRP. There is another $1k or so in there for the dealership to negotiate with, but that is about it. I don't believe that dealership who said they have a 2020 hybrid in transit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

They say the difference from invoice to MSRP is only a couple hundred bucks, while it's closer to $2200 from invoice to MSRP for ICE models. Is that really the case?

Thanks!
I used the Costco website to build both ICE and hybrid. Yes it is only a few hundred dollars off MSRP for the hybrid and several thousands for the ICE. :cry:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Contact Carl at Criswell Chrysler. Ask him to give you a quote. When I bought my 2019 from him, it was for 7% below invoice. At worst, you’ll have a quote to use as a negotiating tool.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contact Carl at Criswell Chrysler. Ask him to give you a quote. When I bought my 2019 from him, it was for 7% below invoice. At worst, you’ll have a quote to use as a negotiating tool.
Thanks, Mike. I'll reach out to Carl.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That has been my experience also with pricing. Affiliate or invoice for the hybrid is only a few hundred dollars less than MSRP. There is another $1k or so in there for the dealership to negotiate with, but that is about it. I don't believe that dealership who said they have a 2020 hybrid in transit.
Why? Because they won't build without customer order or because they're not manufacturing them yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
pleckerling
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing