2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer, looks like the incentives dropped off this month. Last month they had $6500 worth of incentives in my region.
Cash allowance is now just $2750. Looks like I'm going to be having to hold off for awhile.

At least I got my $1000 email rebate which is good for the rest of the year, and I did get a PenFed/True car $500 rebate. We will see if anything improves as the year goes on.

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring
31 Posts
Bummer, looks like the incentives dropped off this month. Last month they had $6500 worth of incentives in my region.
Cash allowance is now just $2750. Looks like I'm going to be having to hold off for awhile.

At least I got my $1000 email rebate which is good for the rest of the year, and I did get a PenFed/True car $500 rebate. We will see if anything improves as the year goes on.
Wow, that’s a big drop. Not surprising given the overall condition of the car market, but still a lot.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Wow, that’s a big drop. Not surprising given the overall condition of the car market, but still a lot.
Yep it's exactly what I was afraid of, but not all that surprising given the current inventory constraints. Dealerships are going to be hurting (to sell Hybrids at least) with incentives cut in half unless supply really does take a few months to catch up again. We'll see how much supply picks up by end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath with any improvements to June incentives/rebates. Now I'm just wondering if and how long a lemon buyback can be stretched out/delayed. Crazy to think I'm now looking to delay a process that has been going on for 2 months now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like the $3,000 dropped off. Ouch.

I tried the last few days to get a 2020 build Limited Hybrid with the sunroof, safetytec package, and 18" wheels, with the $6,750 discount, but the dealers that had them wouldn't deal, because I'm sure they knew newly configured ones just like that were $3200 higher. All things considered, it wouldn't have been a bad deal if I accepted their measly $500 off, but still, they didn't have to be so dam greedy considering they'd be making $5,000 on the sale for the vehicle for what I was offering. I just wasn't willing to pay their price because we have a gas Pacifica still under warranty that is in excellent condition. And I got that vehicle with $5250 in rebates and $5,000 dealer discount because it was a leftover model. My wife has been driving minivans for the last 20 years, but now that our kids are grown, her next vehicle will probably be something other than a Pacifica anyway.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Look at it this way: that $5250 in rebates and $5000 dealer discount can buy a lot of gas for your current model.

But I have to say, after 20 years we absolutely love having a van. We're not hauling kids around or anything, but it's way too handy overall. And this one--our Pinnacle--is pure luxury. I could have a nice Lexus hybrid car, but I got this instead.

(Plus, now that the kids are grown, I get to have my son drive ME to the beach in a few weeks--while I sit in back and stream Netflix/Hulu/my Plex server all to myself. My wife can sit in the other back seat and watch whatever she wants.)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wait I thought the April incentives expired today?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked at the website again. Looks like Chrysler just found another $2000 to give out. So, my rebates are now at $4750. Still a bit bummed at losing out on $1750, but what are you going to do?

·
Registered
228 Posts
We
Just looked at the website again. Looks like Chrysler just found another $2000 to give out. So, my rebates are now at $4750. Still a bit bummed at losing out on $1750, but what are you going to do?
Yep, it's at least better then $2750 it was looking like yesterday. Now they just have to fix their inventory problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We bought a new 2020 last week and got the full $9135 in rebates 🤩 idk when that tax credit will end for the hybrid but that’s another $7500 if you’re eligible

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, wait a few days. The incentives may update again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, wait a few days. The incentives may update again.
Wow, I'm really surprised Chrysler added back an additional $2,000, so total rebates (for my area, anyway) are $2K + $2K + 750 for financing, or $4750 total, when last couple months it has been $5750. Plus the additional $1,000 through Chrysler good up until 2022. Considering how tight the market is right now, and Kia Carnival has virtually no incentives, I'm surprised Chrysler stayed that high.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, I'm really surprised Chrysler added back an additional $2,000, so total rebates (for my area, anyway) are $2K + $2K + 750 for financing, or $4750 total, when last couple months it has been $5750. Plus the additional $1,000 through Chrysler good up until 2022. Considering how tight the market is right now, and Kia Carnival has virtually no incentives, I'm surprised Chrysler stayed that high.
It almost feels like they are just doing it for dealers to keep the sales/incentives rolling (with whatever inventory they may have left), otherwise customers might just wait till June hoping for the incentives to go back up? (I know that was my plan if the incentives were left cut by more than half)

·
Registered
606 Posts
They actually didn't add it back. It wasn't updated. All the rebates don't show up on the first day of incentives. That's why I said to wait a few days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They actually didn't add it back. It wasn't updated. All the rebates don't show up on the first day of incentives. That's why I said to wait a few days.
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. What I was saying is that I am surprised that Chrysler only lowered the total cash rebate amount by $1,000 (took away $3K, added a $2K incentive). I would not have been surprised if they just plain removed the $3,000 and only had $2,750 in cash incentives for the month of May. If there is a shortage of vehicles, and the plant is not evening making cars right now (as some have said), why continue to provide such a large discount on the few vehicles that are out there? There are always people just entering the new car market. Most would be none the wiser what the rebates were last month. Unless Chrysler is worried about the success of the Kia Carnival or something like that.

And you really think they may add MORE incentives in the next day or two? I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Billet Silver w/Alloy Interior, All Options
8 Posts
I took a look around the various dealerships I had just shopped when I bought at the end of April in the DC area. The difference is staggering. Discounts are less than half of what was advertised last week. I know the rebates are less, but the biggest difference is that dealers have seriously ramped down dealer discounts too. Inventory is obviously playing a big role. One dealer I looked at is showing 8 fewer PacHy's than the week previously--they moved a whole bunch at the end of the month! I'm really glad I moved on it when I did--that might end up being the last "sweet spot" for a while given the production problems.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I took a look around the various dealerships I had just shopped when I bought at the end of April in the DC area. The difference is staggering. Discounts are less than half of what was advertised last week. I know the rebates are less, but the biggest difference is that dealers have seriously ramped down dealer discounts too. Inventory is obviously playing a big role. One dealer I looked at is showing 8 fewer PacHy's than the week previously--they moved a whole bunch at the end of the month! I'm really glad I moved on it when I did--that might end up being the last "sweet spot" for a while given the production problems.
Indeed, only thing left to do for the rest of us is wait and see. Hopefully the lack of sales/interest over the next couple of weeks changes their tune (start to realize they won't meet their sale's quota for the month). Only time will tell.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
This has happened across the board as inventory levels are definitely subpar . Low levels will means dealers deal less and cash back as well as manufacturers interest rates will and have risen . Last time my dealer checked there were only 4 pinnacle ehybrids in all of Canada

·
Registered
130 Posts
Inventory of '21 PacHys in my area has dropped 2/3 or more over the last 1.5 months.
Dealers who give fair prices but do high volume on the PacHys, seem to be pretty much out of inventory. These dealers that had about 30 in stock 2 months ago are down to 3 or less.

The dealers who do have some in stock are the ones who give very little discount and/or add tons of mandatory aftermarkets. Looks like they are holding out for premium prices in this environment, and I don't doubt they will get them.
I saw one dealer near San Francisco asking $2500 above sticker on the internet. They called it a +$2500 "market adjustment".
Who knew that PacHys would end up being the RAV4 Prime of minivans?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Supply and demand. I know people think it's evil, but those are people who have never owned a business or manufactured a product.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts