2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to buy a Touring-L but it doesn't have driver memory seat.
I find that moparpartsoverstock has the driver memory selector and memory seat module and they claim this can work on all the trims.

Do you think we can buy these two parts and install them on a Touring-L?
I can hardly find any videos online regarding this, and it is hard to know if the wire harness is already in place for us to do a simple plug and go.

If anyone has tried, or has knowledge about this, please let me know!

·
Registered
176 Posts
also followin g

·
Registered
562 Posts
This would not be plug-and-play. The harnesses are different between the memory seat and regular power seat. The memory seat has a connection to the CAN-IHS bus. Power is routed differently as well.

Also, I'm not sure if the motors are the same. The memory seats keep track of the position of the seat while the regular power seats don't need to.

No doubt it is possible, but it would be quite the little project.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Absolutely not a mod that can just be added by installing the switch. There is a LOT tied into the memory function and I can assure you there are likely multiple different modules in the vehicle and different programming as well. Different wire harnesses etc etc. I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, but it’s one of those features that needs to be bought already on the vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Absolutely not a mod that can just be added by installing the switch. There is a LOT tied into the memory function and I can assure you there are likely multiple different modules in the vehicle and different programming as well. Different wire harnesses etc etc. I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, but it’s one of those features that needs to be bought already on the vehicle.
And I would have done so, had Chrysler offered the option on my hybrid Limited. But for some reason it was not an option on the hybrid - only on the standard version. Go figure...

·
Registered
808 Posts
.....Also, I'm not sure if the motors are the same. The memory seats keep track of the position of the seat while the regular power seats don't need to.....
While DIY is obviously not practical due to the bus, harnesses, etc., noted above, my touring L Plus has a button that moves the seat fully forward to stow/unstow the 2nd row seat, and then moves it back to the original position. So, for the trims with that feature, the "memory" positioning mechanics are there already. But we can't take advantage of it based on the other posts.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does anyone have the wiring diagrams to compare Limited seat & door wiring to the other models (like a TL+)? Any info would be appreciated. Even if you suggest where's best to get the diagrams. I plan to get the shop manual, though I thought I saw electrical may be separate?

I'm even willing to mount the $25 switch under the dash as it won't be used everyday and would make for easier wiring (unless the harness is already pre-wired and in the door). Sounds like that's not the case, but I'll hold out a chance. I'm willing to review the electrical diagrams and give it a go and post my results

Seems strange how many new vehicles don't come with that option when they have powered seats, but I suppose the bean counters need a way to sell a higher trim. I'm looking at another vehicle/manufacturer (keeping the pacifica of course) and you have to go to a 50k pricepoint before you get memory seats...

I do enjoy how my subaru (a 2003 mind you) was wired from the factory - everything was pre-wired so the dealer (or individual) could just connect what they wanted (tow hitch wiring, security system, autodimming mirror, etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to our local dealer today. We have a TL w/S package. It does have the seat assist feature for the Stow’n Go...so I’m thinking this is possible.Gave them our VIN as well as a Limited on the lot with the memory feature. They informed me that the seat bases and motors are all the same as well as the module in the door according to both VINs. Only difference they could tell was the wiring harness for the [email protected]$122 and the switch and trim piece of course. The part of the process they were skeptical on was the programming and can’t guarantee it would work....Chrysler customer care was of zero help on this also. Might make a $200 gamble?....plus @$135 for the tech to “try” and program. Any other thoughts to date?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Went to our local dealer today. We have a TL w/S package. It does have the seat assist feature for the Stow’n Go...so I’m thinking this is possible.Gave them our VIN as well as a Limited on the lot with the memory feature. They informed me that the seat bases and motors are all the same as well as the module in the door according to both VINs. Only difference they could tell was the wiring harness for the [email protected]$122 and the switch and trim piece of course. The part of the process they were skeptical on was the programming and can’t guarantee it would work....Chrysler customer care was of zero help on this also. Might make a $200 gamble?....plus @$135 for the tech to “try” and program. Any other thoughts to date?
Sorry, I have no other thoughts to add except to say that I'm sure there are lots of folks here that would be interested to here how your memory seat upgrade goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts