2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will rarely - if ever - use the back two rows of seats, so I wanted a one piece floor mat from the rear to just under the front seats. Looked at various options, and found a a 4’ x 10‘ mat designed for garage floors. Sandstone (medium tan) color. I’ll have to piece two small sections by the sliding doors, where the carpet is close to 5’ across (from door to door), dug that’s easily done. It can also be easily removed, and $88 seems more realistic than $200 to $300 for Weather Tec styles, which would leave small sections uncovered (seat rail cutouts) When the seats are down.

I’ll update this as events occur.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been reconsidering the above plastic, and thinking about other options such as a rubber mat. Plastic might not be flexible enough. Difficult to find anything thicker than 1/8” in rubber, that’s not made from recycled tires or will stain the carpet. Want something that wont tear if I roll bikes in and out.

If anyone else has any ideas, they’d be appreciated

·
Registered
65 Posts
I created a protective mat using a shower pan liner (flexible rubber-like material), a section of indoor-outdoor carpet, and a bunch of glue. I actually did it in two sections, one for behind the second row of seats and a second section for when the second row of seats are stowed. I got the various items at Home Depot...probably less than $50, though I don't remember exactly.

Hardest part was getting the carpet and liner to stick together - the glue I used worked, but didn't do a great job.

I basically glued the pieces together, cut them to approximate shape - slightly larger than needed - laid them into the back of the van and trimmed them to the various wall shapes and things (seat belts, etc.) that stick out. The liner covers everything from under the front seats to the back of the van and keeps pretty much everything off of the black carpet. (Who's idea was it to make the seats white and the carpets black?? Shows every little spec of dirt. My indoor-outdoor carpet is beige and doesn't show much.)

If anyone does something like this...and finds a glue that really sticks...I'd love to hear about it!

Dave

·
Registered
304 Posts
I made this floor cover for mine two years ago with mine and it has been ideal for me. Mine was black and I think it was about $50. It was our carpet dealer's idea to move a remnant he had!

rear cargo area floor cover

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is a mat that covers the entire cargo area with the rear seats folded. I read about it in one of the floor mat discussion threads. I'm likely going to get one of those because it'll be rare we need the rear seats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at a yoga mat - 5x8 cushioned foam. Waterproof. $100 and I just have trim it

·
Registered
18 Posts
We will rarely - if ever - use the back two rows of seats, so I wanted a one piece floor mat from the rear to just under the front seats. Looked at various options, and found a a 4’ x 10‘ mat designed for garage floors. Sandstone (medium tan) color. I’ll have to piece two small sections by the sliding doors, where the carpet is close to 5’ across (from door to door), dug that’s easily done. It can also be easily removed, and $88 seems more realistic than $200 to $300 for Weather Tec styles, which would leave small sections uncovered (seat rail cutouts) When the seats are down.

I’ll update this as events occur.
I found a black rubber cargo mat on Amazon for about $40.00 . It was about 44”x54” and fits perfectly behind the 2 nd seats to the rear door.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just received the 5x8 yoga mat. I’m letting it air out now, and I’ll trim it to the interior in the next couple of days. I’ll post photos.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I have the Weathertech version of this mat. It works great, but the corners are beginning to roll and stick into the air when my kids feet kick it while they climb into the car. It fits perfect though. The Weathertech version had a section to cut out if you have an 8-seater (I do). This one doesn't have that option. Also, the WT one was $105, so a little more expensive than this guy.

It looks to be pretty much the same thing, though. I'd suggest buying this instead of putting in the time to convert the mat. Assuming you have a 2017 or 18 model. I'm sure the newer models have equally priced versions of the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does that mat cover from the rear hatch to the back of the front seat with no openings? We’re keeping the 2 and 3 row seats stowed, as we need the entire space behind the seats for 8’ long recumbent bikes and other outdoor gear. We done want any openings - however small - where water can leak through to the carpet below.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a black rubber cargo mat on Amazon for about $40.00 . It was about 44”x54” and fits perfectly behind the 2 nd seats to the rear door.
Would you mind sharing a link and a photo in-van of the mat you chose? Amazon is a pretty big place, a search for "black rubber cargo mat" returned about 3,000 items.

My personal priority would also be to find something which is thin or flexible enough that it can be rolled and / or folded to stow away on those (rare) occasions when we DO want to use the third row seats. Although it would not be terrible to leave the mat home in the garage most times, it is conceivable that the need for more seats could happen while "on the road."

Our van does already have a mat for the floor between the front and second row seats, so 44" x 54" does seem close to good, for us.

Thanks, @drwyatt !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used G-Floor from Menards. It's a tough polyvinyl sheet intended as a garage floor liner. It's very durable. A 5' x 10' roll ranges from $105 - $160 depending on the design. It comes in black, brown or grey. Other sizes are available. I have a larger piece I cut to basically line the entire back down the back of the front seats to the tailgate and up the sides. I also have a piece on my garage floor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used G-Floor from Menards. It's a tough polyvinyl sheet intended as a garage floor liner. It's very durable. A 5' x 10' roll ranges from $105 - $160 depending on the design. It comes in black, brown or grey. Other sizes are available. I have a larger piece I cut to basically line the entire back down the back of the front seats to the tailgate and up the sides. I also have a piece on my garage floor.
I went ahead and used the yoga mat, and posted a desperate thread with photos. Needed minimal cutting. Have to see how well it holds up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts