2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our '19 Pacifica Hybrid S Limited - love everything about it. Well, I actually had wanted to get the 20in wheels as seen on the gas versions, but those are not available for the Hybrid. I know I can get them aftermarket (expensive), but does anyone who have switched to 20 in wheels notice their speedometer being off? I think normally when you go oversize wheels, it affects the speedo, but as the gas version already has the 20s, I wonder if it will throw it off. Anyone with 20s on their Pachys notice this?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just picked up our '19 Pacifica Hybrid S Limited - love everything about it. Well, I actually had wanted to get the 20in wheels as seen on the gas versions, but those are not available for the Hybrid. I know I can get them aftermarket (expensive), but does anyone who have switched to 20 in wheels notice their speedometer being off? I think normally when you go oversize wheels, it affects the speedo, but as the gas version already has the 20s, I wonder if it will throw it off. Anyone with 20s on their Pachys notice this?
Only if the tires outside diameter is different will it throw it off, rim size shouldn’t effect it, basically you’ll just have less sidewall

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just realized n the same size tire and rim combination that you can get on the ice Pacifica and you’ll be fine . The bigger the rim the small the sidewalk is the norm to stay in that revolutions of a 18 rim vs 20 vs 22 .,there’s a thread on here pertaining to that .

·
Registered
466 Posts
Actually the rim size doesn’t mean the rim is going to bend or shatter upon encountering a pothole . The real reason is tire sidewalk size , rim composition, is rim cast or not , depth of hole , speed and force exerted to tire/rim from the asphalt . All of these factors will contribute , but the smaller the sidewalk the more probable the rim will bend .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts