2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not all of them, If you go to your local Dealer they have been authorized to repair this under warranty at no cost to you regardless of your miles.
Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save Chrysler Factory Warranty - Your #1 Source for Extended Coverage for Chrysler Vehicles

·
Registered
90 Posts
No. My van hasn't had this problem.
Nope. Ours is fine. We have the black color. Not sure if that matters.
No. Mine is Jazz Blue and it's fine.
And the MOST important thing to remember is the car isn't very old yet...

So NO now, absolutely 100% does NOT mean NO later LOL...

Chrysler stopped offering the lifetime warranty for a reason- the math started to not work in their favor. Thats NOT a good sign for longevity...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious, Do all 2017s have the hood paint bubbling issue?
I had a 2009 that the hood paint bubbles around the edges. Filigree corrosion due to bad paint prep. Chrysler never would cover it under warranty. Required rust thru. Bad workmanship didn’t count.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have paint bubbling on the hood as well as the drivers side sliding door. I wasnt aware that they would fix the issue, i will approach the dealer. I wonder how they will fix it, i would imagine the only way to assure a permanant fix is to sand down to metal, reprime and paint blend. Not looking forward to a weeks work of body work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the responses the answer is no, they don't ALL have that problem. Mine did. They sent it out for refinish last year and so far there no recurrence of the problem. Work was done quickly and, even tho I'm a real PITA about bodywork I can't tell is not factory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2017 with 42,000 miles. paint bubbling on leading edge. authorized and repaired under warranty. it is an issue that should be repaired asap as long as chrysler is still paying for this 100 percent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good to know, mine also has the issue, 42,500 miles and this showed up more than a year ago. Let's go to the dealer!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I hope they'll still do it with you being out of warranty

·
Registered
372 Posts
I cannot say "all"... but MANY would be appropriate.

Mine was sanded/repainted first time - corrosion reappeared
Hood replaced & painted 2nd time (or so they say) - corrosion reappeared
Awaiting next round of repair/replace.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have paint bubbling on the hood as well as the drivers side sliding door.
Makes sense since both are made of aluminum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting about this issue. My buddy has a 2018 Ford Explorer. His aluminum hood had paint bubbling issues recently. The dealer ordered a new hood and painted it for his car.
It seems that aluminum must be more sensitive to this?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts