2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Do all 2017s have the hood paint bubbling issue?

19K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  Scriz 
#1 ·
Curious, Do all 2017s have the hood paint bubbling issue?

#10 ·
No. My van hasn't had this problem.
Nope. Ours is fine. We have the black color. Not sure if that matters.
No. Mine is Jazz Blue and it's fine.
And the MOST important thing to remember is the car isn't very old yet...

So NO now, absolutely 100% does NOT mean NO later LOL...

Chrysler stopped offering the lifetime warranty for a reason- the math started to not work in their favor. Thats NOT a good sign for longevity...

#3 ·
Not all of them, If you go to your local Dealer they have been authorized to repair this under warranty at no cost to you regardless of your miles.
Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save Chrysler Factory Warranty - Your #1 Source for Extended Coverage for Chrysler Vehicles

#46 ·
Not all of them, If you go to your local Dealer they have been authorized to repair this under warranty at no cost to you regardless of your miles.
Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save Chrysler Factory Warranty - Your #1 Source for Extended Coverage for Chrysler Vehicles
Is that true? I just bought a 2017 Limited from a CJDR dealer (CPO) with 2 places on the front of the hood with paint bubbling. Can I go back and get it done?

#9 ·
It will spread, I would get it taken care of while Chrysler will pay for it.

#12 ·
I have paint bubbling on the hood as well as the drivers side sliding door. I wasnt aware that they would fix the issue, i will approach the dealer. I wonder how they will fix it, i would imagine the only way to assure a permanant fix is to sand down to metal, reprime and paint blend. Not looking forward to a weeks work of body work.

#19 ·
I have paint bubbling on the hood as well as the drivers side sliding door.
Makes sense since both are made of aluminum.

#13 ·
From the responses the answer is no, they don't ALL have that problem. Mine did. They sent it out for refinish last year and so far there no recurrence of the problem. Work was done quickly and, even tho I'm a real PITA about bodywork I can't tell is not factory.

#30 ·
Hi Jimmeredith,

We are very sorry to hear this. Please feel free to follow up via private message as we are happy to discuss this further with you.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

#25 ·
Are you still under the factory warranty? If so they will absolutely cover it.

#26 ·
On a side note anybody know if they rectified this after 17 I'm thinking about having the hood wrapped and It bit me in the ass on my 14 T&C as I had to have it removed for them to "fix" it which lasted about another 15 months before the corrosion came back. I don't want to be in the same boat if they have not fixed this after 17's

#29 ·
Hello rescueswimmer,

We regret to hear this! Please feel free to send us a private message with more details if you'd like additional assistance.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.