2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the experience we have had with the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid Minivan and the bad experience of dealing with Chrysler Customer Care, we would recommend to stay away from Chrysler! We were Toyota owners and wanted to have a hybrid mini van and switched to the Pacifica. But, wish we had stayed with Toyota! The hybrid is not worth the switch to Chrysler!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience, but you are in a minority.
I could not be more pleased with my 2018 Pacifica - and I've been driving since 1965.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well, there is not doubt that the hybrid version has been plagued with all type of issues according to posts in this and many other sites.

I have been driving the gas version and I'm really pleased with mine.

Chrysler's dealers are really bad supporting customers in my experience. Chrysler Head Quarter Support On Line is a lot better but still not perfect. With their help I could get a patch for UCONNECT that I could have installed myself but was forced to use a Second Dealer because the First one did not have a remote idea of what I was talking about.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Love my Pacifica Hybrid, I was smart enough to not buy a 2017 model due to the first year growing pains. I think its funny how people try and demoralize car manufactures when they buy houses and live with cracked foundations, bad drywall, walls that have more curve than a sherwood hockey stick. No matter what company/corporation, they want you just go"OH WELL" and give up. You would be surprised how the documentation of emails, registered letters, phone calls and contacting a lawyer yields results.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The problem I have with the Pacifica is: Why should the customer have to jump through hoops to make a headquarters do the work necessary to force their dealers to fix vehichles the first time, or maybe the second time or third time. Why some of these defects should be happening at all is not clear either. Yes, the Pacifica is a relatively new critter. The things that are being called out on this and other forums are not new systems. They are used on many other vehicles successfully. I'm thinking the 12 volt batteries, ESS, the Stop/Start, the electrically moved doors, the cruise control. Those things should not have the number of problems that they do. And when they do fail, the dealers should be able to resolve the issues quickly at no cost and minimal impact on the owners. Overall the Pacifica I bought is a fairly decent vehicle - but the failures and lack of urgency on the part of Chrysler to get them fixed makes me join with the OP. Be very careful in your decision to buy one until it has at least a couple more years service and proves itself a better, more reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Be very careful in your decision to buy one until it has at least a couple more years service and proves itself a better, more reliable vehicle.
We are among the group who waited at least two years after Chrysler ramped up production of the Pacifica in March of 2016 (they called them "2017" models). We have not had any issues so far at 9,100 miles. I would not hesitate to buy one now, but I continue to advise friends who ask to avoid the 2017 model.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm one of the people who just couldn't wait any longer to replace my old minivan (2002 Chrysler Town and Country that was on its last legs) so I bought a 2017 model.

It currently has around 20,000 miles on it. It's had 2 check-engine-lights since I got it... in both cases, the dealer looked at it within a day, told me the car was still drivable and then replaced a part within a week. Not terribly convenient to have to take it in for those and the recalls, but they've generally gotten me in and out in a couple of hours.

My two prior vehicles were first year models, so I guess I'm used to having some issues when taking a chance on something brand new. But not all Pacifica Hybrids have problems, not even the 2017s.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The problem I have with the Pacifica is: Why should the customer have to jump through hoops to make a headquarters do the work necessary to force their dealers to fix vehichles the first time, or maybe the second time or third time. Why some of these defects should be happening at all is not clear either. Yes, the Pacifica is a relatively new critter. The things that are being called out on this and other forums are not new systems. They are used on many other vehicles successfully. I'm thinking the 12 volt batteries, ESS, the Stop/Start, the electrically moved doors, the cruise control. Those things should not have the number of problems that they do. And when they do fail, the dealers should be able to resolve the issues quickly at no cost and minimal impact on the owners. Overall the Pacifica I bought is a fairly decent vehicle - but the failures and lack of urgency on the part of Chrysler to get them fixed makes me join with the OP. Be very careful in your decision to buy one until it has at least a couple more years service and proves itself a better, more reliable vehicle.
I had the same issue. Chrysler cares did absolutely nothing, they basically get paid just to take notes. The dealers didn't want to help, so I'm stuck with a car with paint issues, because the dealer and Chrysler didn't want to do anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
curious as to your paint issues. the leading edge of the hood has rust/bubbling issues that is covered under warranty. something was wrong in the build process that allowed the leading edge to paint to deteriorate.

·
Registered
285 Posts
54,000 miles on my 17 Pacifica Limited ICE. The only warranty claim that I had was peeling paint on the hood. The dealer scheduled repaint and provided free loaner. From reports that I have read, I'm glad I got the ICE version. I would have bought a 19 Hybrid if I had found one equipped the way I wanted at a reasonable price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts