2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw another thread where a member put on Durango RT wheels on his Pacifica and claimed that he had slight rubbing issues on inner fender. I liked the look so i went searching classifieds to find a set to put on my Pacifica. After finding a set, I did some research on the tire size and settled with 255/45/20 mainly because it was the exact same outter diameter as the factory tires. I was expecting some rubbing like the other member but have not had any. In my opinion this style wheel with the color combination of the vehicle and the wheel are pretty awesome and is probably how it should come from the factory. Anyway, hope this inspires someone. Have a good one.

I also made a quick youtube video. Check it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
That looks great nice work! My daughter's Pacifica has 18" wheels and when they need new tires they were thinking of upgrading the wheels too... How much did those Durango RT wheels run you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, I haven't noticed any rubbing at all (including full lock). I've driven around 1k miles since putting on Durango wheels. We even took it on the 300 mile trip up to northern Arizona without issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for this post. I ended up doing the same thing with my touring-L. I put 245/50r20 on. Just need to tint my windows now...

I just did the same thing on my 18! Even the stock Durango tires fit and don’t rub. When they wear, I will replace with a slightly smaller tire. I think they look awesome!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice work guys!

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
63 Posts
I saw another thread where a member put on Durango RT wheels on his Pacifica and claimed that he had slight rubbing issues on inner fender. I liked the look so i went searching classifieds to find a set to put on my Pacifica. After finding a set, I did some research on the tire size and settled with 255/45/20 mainly because it was the exact same outter diameter as the factory tires. I was expecting some rubbing like the other member but have not had any. In my opinion this style wheel with the color combination of the vehicle and the wheel are pretty awesome and is probably how it should come from the factory. Anyway, hope this inspires someone. Have a good one.

I also made a quick youtube video. Check it out!
New to the forum. My wife and I just purchased a 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. We have had several Chrysler minivans in the past, including most recently a 2016 Town & Country Limited. The Pacifica we ended up buying came with 18" wheels rather than 20s. We looked at another Limited with the 20s, but didn't like the interior color as much.

I've been active on the Dodge Durango forums for years. I'm on my 4th Durango, a 2019 R/T. When I saw this thread it peaked my interest so I decided to join the Pacifica forum.

I happen to have an almost brand new set of R/T wheels and tires from my R/T so I'm going to try them on the Pacifica to see if they fit. Of course the tires are 265/50/20s rather than 245/50/20s that came on the Limited with 20" wheels we looked at. I'm not sure where you got the 255/45/20 tire size from, except that maybe it ties into the 18" wheel diameter with the tires that came on your van. My R/T has SRT wheels on it from a Jeep GC Trackhawk. I purchased those right after I purchased my R/T.

According to the tire calculator I looked at the difference in diameter between a 265/50/20 and a 245/50/20 is only 20 mm or 2.7%. Of course the Durango wheels are also a half inch wider.

Has anyone tried both OEM wheels and tires from a Durango R/T on a Pacifica?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Those tire sizes are determined to keep the rolling circumference the same for all wheel sizes. This is part of the system that determines shift points for the transmission, as well as speedometer readings. I'd be hesitant to make that change, but I'm conservative about stuff like that.

Your 18" wheels on your Limited are just fine, but if you want to change to 20", I'd stay with the 245's.

And . . . welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those tire sizes are determined to keep the rolling circumference the same for all wheel sizes. This is part of the system that determines shift points for the transmission, as well as speedometer readings. I'd be hesitant to make that change, but I'm conservative about stuff like that.

Your 18" wheels on your Limited are just fine, but if you want to change to 20", I'd stay with the 245's.

And . . . welcome to the forum!
Thanks. Seems like a pretty good group of folks on here so far. I enjoy the Durango forum so hopefully I will enjoy this one too.

I hear you about the 245s versus the 265s. That would be ideal. However, I already have this set which means I can switch them out without it costing me anything but my time. And with only 2.7% difference in the diameter, I'm not especially concerned about the slight difference in the circumference. If nothing else I'll try it and see how it does. If I don't like it I can always go back to the 18s or buy some new tires for the R/T wheels. The difference between the 245s and the 265s equates to 1.59 mph at 60 mph. And less than that at lower speeds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
View attachment 43177

I just did the same thing on my 18! Even the stock Durango tires fit and don’t rub. When they wear, I will replace with a slightly smaller tire. I think they look awesome!
After I reread this thread I realized that you used the stock R/T wheels and tires. I'm going to try that first before looking at smaller tires. The wheels you have are the same as the ones that were on my 2013 R/T. My current wheels and tires are from my 2019 R/T. The 2019 wheels are much different. Fingers crossed that my tires won't rub.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update: My 2019 R/T wheels won't clear the front calipers. The rears fit, even with the 265 tires. I suspect that the new R/T wheels like mine fit closer to the R/T calipers than prior R/T wheels did. When I took my R/T wheels off my Durango to install my SRT wheels I was surprised to see how close they were to the front calipers. Much closer than those on my 2013 R/T where.

Here's a picture of my R/T wheels. They look a lot different than the other R/T wheels shown in this thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow! First let me say how disappointed I am over the lack of response in this forum. I've posted several times about putting Dodge Durango wheels on my Pacifica and I have sent PMs to several of the folks who have posted in this thread and I have received one response to my post above from Waldo. I've been on many car forums over the years and all of them have been much more active than this one. I'm on the Dodge Durango forum regularly and it is very active.

Now back to the topic at hand. I did find out from a reputable OEM wheel company that Dodge did change the Durango R/T wheels tolerances beginning in 2019. Although the offset is the same 56.4 mm the wheel spokes are much closer to the caliper. Hence why my 2019 R/T rims won't clear the Pacifica's front caliper. So don't plan on using 2019 or 2020 R/T wheels on your Pacifica unless you want to go with spacers, which I did not.

So since my 2019 R/T wheels won't work, I contacted a friend of mine who is in the OEM tire business in Michigan. I previously purchased my OEM SRT Trackhawk wheels from him for my Durango in gloss black. He is going to hook me up with a set of 2496 R/T wheels, like the original poster in the thread has, coated in PVD black chrome along with black Chrysler center caps with chrome wings and tpms. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go with 255/45/20 tires like the original poster did or 255/50/20 tires. Any thoughts on the 255/50/20 size tires? That's one size up from the OEM Pacifica 20s size.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts