2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a L2 charger recently using the plug-in method instead of hardwire. After the install I realized that I had essentially installed a home power back up point for our generator. You’d need to make up an adapter cable but other than that, you’re good if you lose power! Don’t forget to flip off your main service breaker and all non essential circuit breakers.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Excellent point. That process works well. Been there, done that.

Reactions: ZNation

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hate to be that guy...to meet code (at least in my area) you need an interlock switch on your panel + depends how you are wired. Sometimes high draw items (like AC and car chargers) are direct wired to the meter and by-passes the panel. Finally...you might be talking about making up a suicide cable. Pretty much gets the internet in a tiff.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
305 Posts
I don't have a hybrid to charge but I do have a generator connected with and automatic transfer switch. When the power goes out it automatically starts the generator and transfers power.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a hybrid to charge but I do have a generator connected with and automatic transfer switch. When the power goes out it automatically starts the generator and transfers power.
That’s awesome! I want something like that but our power doesn’t go off enough to justify it. Really cool though. My friend has something like that but it’s hooked up to their natural gas line.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
305 Posts
That’s awesome! I want something like that but our power doesn’t go off enough to justify it. Really cool though. My friend has something like that but it’s hooked up to their natural gas line.
Yes, mine is on natural gas also. My in-laws are all electricians so I got a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts