2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before ordering and even taking delivery of your Pacifica, make sure to ask your dealer NOT to put their sticker or badge on your vehicle. Some do it by default without telling owners, some are completely fine with it, but most end up removing them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When mine was delivered I got there about 30 minutes after they got it and started to inventory it...they still had time to do that, once we got the keys I gently peeled it off with not problems.

Worst part is that it was a cheap plastic sticker, not even vinyl like yours.

In the past I've said if they want a sticker or frame on the car I need an advertising rebate :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't mind the frame since it ties me over until I get my own but that sticker... They're just an ugly add-on to me and needs to be removed. At least they used cheap plastic stickers that are easily peeled away instead of anything sturdier.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I told the salesman and the finance manager. "No badging whatsoever... of ANY kind. No emblems, no stickers, no license-plate frames, NOTHING. If it's on there now, remove it! If it's not on there, DO NOT ADD ONE... if I come to pick up my vehicle and there is any dealership markings of any kind, we're going to have a problem..."

FYI, I am not just a jerk - I have a reason for my ire.
I actually had a bad experience at a dealership service shop several years ago and not only did they mess something up on THEIR end, they charged me more than they quoted to FIX their mistake. I was livid, but needed my car back. When I paid the amount and left, it wasn't until I got home that I noticed that the jerkwads in service went through the trouble of removing my rear license plate (it WAS a trouble because I remember how rusted the bolts were) and re-installing it with a dealership branded license-plate frame. "Are you #*$&^#ing KIDDING me with this *#&$...???!!!" - heheheheh

Needless to say, I never went back there. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ganley in Cleveland does this with the old school plastic raised letters, totally forgot to tell them so had to use a plastic scrapers and some goo gone. not that big of a PITA but I can't believe they still do this, they also stuck ganley plate frames and a big ganley logo on the front plate because they only give you a rear plate with temporary tags

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not only are the stickers ugly, but they put them on crooked !!!
Tony yours looks slightly crooked to me !
Hope you got it off !

·
Registered
216 Posts
So yea. I'm a sales manager. I'm sure some have figured that out. :D I don't think I've ever mentioned the name of the dealer other than we're in Alberta, Canada. Adding to this rather old post as it still happens today. My comments can not be used as a blanket comment as I often do not agree with other comments that may be from other professional in the field. Anyways.... this turned out to be a big post. Lets see if I did the formatting correctly.

There are still a few reasons why dealers will badge a van or whatever. The biggest one is to identify the dealer it was sold at. Unfortunately it lets us see who we lost a sale to. The sales department may have invested hours upon hours trying to make the sale. Everything is looking good. The customer and the sales agent may have been emailing information for half a week, about options, warranty, recent discount program features, or different desirable stock found online but at another dealer. The dealer transfer looks approved. Payment amounts and other finance options are settled. The dealer is about to have a sale. Then the customer disappears. No contact or anything. The sales agent is left hanging. The boss will ask for answers and all they can do is speculate and take the heat for a no-sale.

The customer drives up a few days later. Brand new van from a dealer who had no contact, no email, no calls and texts... Did nothing in comparison to the original dealer. A buyer can't be blamed for wanting a good deal. Some buyers will drive a long distance for a price over the convenience of the dealer right next door. At that point there is decision made by someone that they will limit how far they will let that customer influence the schedules of other customer appointments. Could a sales agent quickly run out and pair your phone and check the tire pressures, as that pressure monitor beeps with each start since day one? Maybe half of the options are unknown and unused yet. Should that original sales agent be the one to run out? What happens is it demoralizes and might be taken not as an insult, but was dismissed from the relationship the agent worked on. Soured the relationship. In the agents eyes it could be a couple hundred bucks taken right out of their pocket and is sitting right in front of the dealership. That is when the customer may be urged to return to the selling dealers for their sales agent to do all the delivery steps they should have, since they scooped the sale. I guess someone in the dealership, in turn dismisses the customer and encourages them to return to the seller for major work that ties up mechanics, hoists, and agents. Simply, the definition is... revenge? Coping mechanism? Protecting profit from a now untrusted customer? Speculating myself here, but unfortunately this situation happens daily to hundreds of agents country wide.

As for advertising with the badge, it depends on how gaudy and attention grabbing it looks. Could mean the more it is being used as advertising. Now we use stickers at least. (Mostly?) Not punching holes in the tailgate or trunk to fit a metal raised dealer badge. I've seen some over badged trucks. WAY over badged. Like the WWW address tucked in where the driver won't see it, but drivers behind can. Sand blast etching on the rear glass. Yea, it can spoil the look if badging isn't kept under control.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So yea. I'm a sales manager. I'm sure some have figured that out. :D I don't think I've ever mentioned the name of the dealer other than we're in Alberta, Canada.........

I guess someone in the dealership, in turn dismisses the customer and encourages them to return to the seller for major work that ties up mechanics, hoists, and agents. Simply, the definition is... revenge? Coping mechanism? Protecting profit from a now untrusted customer? Speculating myself here, but unfortunately this situation happens daily to hundreds of agents country wide..........
Sorry, but I thought that WARRANTY work is compensated by FCA at same rate no matter where vehicle was originally purchased. There are good and bad dealerships, and the difference comes from the attitude of the front office as to how customers are valued as well as how they are treated. If the dealer isn't making the sale and another did then what was done wrong is the question that should be asked!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry, but I thought that WARRANTY work is compensated by FCA at same rate no matter where vehicle was originally purchased. There are good and bad dealerships, and the difference comes from the attitude of the front office as to how customers are valued as well as how they are treated. If the dealer isn't making the sale and another did then what was done wrong is the question that should be asked!
Another long post. I felt that some points needed expanding on. Maybe I'm wrong and should shut up. :D Back on "...dealer isn't making the sale and another did then what was done wrong is the question that should be asked!" What if nothing was done wrong. Every thing was done right? But the sales agent got screwed because the customer happen to drive by a door crasher price at another dealer. Its like the comparisons where people browse in stores but then go and order online. But where do you do your return or exchange it? Often the store that didn't sell it.

Good/Bad? This is where I cannot comment on good or bad. A dealer can be both depending on who is working that day. If the front desk administrator is going through a divorce and is in BAD MOOD. They could be distracted and could make a mistake labeling your key. Your key is logged in by name and when its time to return the key, it isn't on the hook it should have gone on because the mechanics put it back where the label said to.

Three days before, the front deskreception was great. Coffee and other services pointed out. But after the employee learns about the cheating, they might not give a flying flock about labels and can barely keep it together. So at one time you recommended the dealer as 'good'. But your friend gets treated 'bad'. What I think you can use to categorize dealers is things like greed, intolerance, appearances over actions, failure to service, and disorganized. Except a disorganized dealer could be 'better than good'. Just disorganized. That key still got lost for 5 minutes. But it was solved and things stay positive and the coffee is still hot.

Ownership of the dealership can play a HUGE factor. Independent dealers get swallowed by dealer groups. Some employees stay and some don't. Once a group gets you its re-training time. Not much flex with deals, fees, holidays, or being allowed to go that extra step if it costs just a few bucks. Prices are set and only certain people have the authority for deals. In general, sucks. Overlords? That can be unfair as there can be great mega-dealers who are just awesome to deal with.

Regarding warranty and getting paid the same, not all dealers are as... honest with FCA? They can claim what they can prove. They might claim on something that isn't broken, but meets the requirements to be paid for something else. Each dealer will get the same rate with the same amount of time allotted to complete the repair. The part may be under warranty but the labour wasn't. So if there was something that slowed down the repair such as having to remove what turns out to be a garbage bag of empty water bottles that were thrown on to the passengers floor area, and you need to get into the dash for a filter or blower motor, FCA might not be paying past... 0.4 of a hour. It took 10 minutes just to be able to get at fasteners. If a situation is like that it is possible that you will have to pay for some labour even if it was under warranty. At that point the labour rate charged can differentiate the dealers and who you want to get warranty work at. So if the service manager gets your request, goes and see's the huge mess in the interior, knows it won't be covered totally so sees it as a bad idea and a guaranteed money losing work order for a customer who didn't buy it there. " You know Terry, we're kinda booked up for about 2 days. So and so Dodge might be able to help you faster."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts