2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up who is ordering a new Pacifica. Build one on their website and compare options first before ordering. I ordered a tour L and optioned it with everything I wanted. I could have ordered a tour L plus with the same options with more standard features for a mere $300 dollars more. For the extra 300, I would have gotten the LED strip taillights, heated second row seats, the super console, U-connect theater with blue ray DVD, 115V power inverter.

I placed a deposit when ordering and would have lost deposit to resubmit so I kept my original order. I would have gladly paid the extra 300 for the additional options and standard features the tour L plus.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like some assblood dealer. I didn’t put a penny down for deposit and had no obligation to buy if I changed my mind when it came in a couple months later. I’d take my business elsewhere. I have no problem telling a dealer why I’m leaving and a new dealer why I left the last one. I’ve been happy with the dealership I ordered with and have continued to take both our vehicles for scheduled maintenance and have been pretty happy with them and I have pretty high standards.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like some assblood dealer. I didn’t put a penny down for deposit and had no obligation to buy if I changed my mind when it came in a couple months later. I’d take my business elsewhere. I have no problem telling a dealer why I’m leaving and a new dealer why I left the last one. I’ve been happy with the dealership I ordered with and have continued to take both our vehicles for scheduled maintenance and have been pretty happy with them and I have pretty high standards.

Agree. I would let dealer know if he didn't refund deposit and revise order, it would be the last transaction he would ever see from me, and that I would tell EVERYONE I know what I think of him, and let him make a decision based on that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did you find out long after making the order?

It's not a dealer's problem. But dealer customer service would think that they'd be willing to work with the customer on it. OP also isn't blaming the dealer.

I wonder if they don't want to work with you on it because they know that only $300 more would've gotten them the higher trimmed model. But then one also wonders why they didn't advise or consult you on this when helping you place the build order - unless you walked in knowing what you wanted and were simply taking instruction.

Did you have a sizable deposit placed? Would the dealer be willing to work with taking a smaller portion of the deposit for their troubles and then re-ordering the upper trim?

On the plus side, if you're a simpleton, there's less stuff to break the way you've done it.

Other than the pretty LED tail lights and the usable super console the rest is for the rear passengers anyways :p

If it makes you feel better the super console can be swapped in after the fact - others here have done it.
115V outlet can be easily added with an aftermarket adapter if needed. I understand it's not OEM integrated, but it's super easy to plug in and use / remove / replace if you need to.

I'm trying to help you feel better OP :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can’t blame dealer. My mistake. They gave me a good deal on a ordered vehicle. Better deal than I got on anything else found on any other dealers lot. Every one else pretty much wanted MSRP to order.

On a happier note, I looked at tail lights and I think they upgraded me anyways! It has the red outline ring around the lights. I’ll post picture as soon as I figure out how to make sure. LED’s or not, I like the way they look so satisfied.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Glad you are happy with the order. I also am not very happy with your dealership either. My dealership didn’t take a deposit while ordering. You are absolutely correct that before you custom order a car you’ve got to configure it yourself to see if you are getting what you want, as well as all other alternatives. That’s basic homework.
I believe that the TL+ is a great deal since the entertainment screens come standard on it. I thought there would be plenty of dealership stock options on Touring L models. Was there any particular options you really wanted that made you custom order the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Bond007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing