2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else getting vibration from door speakers? I've even got the high priced 20 speaker group, and I've got vibration that I think is coming from passenger door speaker. Equalizer is set to "neutral" on all levels, so I'm not pumping too much bass. Had dealer check it, claimed they couldn't duplicate it, did it again for me on drive home. Go figure!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is anyone else getting vibration from door speakers? I've even got the high priced 20 speaker group, and I've got vibration that I think is coming from passenger door speaker. Equalizer is set to "neutral" on all levels, so I'm not pumping too much bass. Had dealer check it, claimed they couldn't duplicate it, did it again for me on drive home. Go figure!

Anyone else?
With the tone controls set to the defaults I think the system is very bass-heavy and boomy. I have the bass dialed back quite a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its too bad the dealer is too inept to help solve your problem. I had some bad door speaker vibrations in another car after adding an aftermarket stereo system and installed some dynomat sound deadening material to the door behind the speaker. It completely cured the rattle I was getting. You can buy it online much cheaper than at a stereo store, and if you're not comfortable with installing it, any stereo installer could do it for you.
I also have the 20 speaker sound system in the Pacifica, but haven't noticed any vibrations except on a few songs that have a lot of bass when the sound is cranked way up. If I did have vibrations, I would definitely add some dynamat to the panels behind the offending speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am fighting a door rattle that I thought was speaker related.(2017 Pacifica touring L plus) after 2 attempts at the dealer with no luck I had no choice but to pull the door panel apart to have a look.( front passenger) I went ahead and replaced speakers with after market (didn’t help rattle) some of the noise I’m convinced is coming from the window switch panel. If I hold the panel tight will the wife drives it seems to go away so I guess I try some strategically placed foam tape?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a blown front driver door speaker on the HK system even though never played radio at high volume and it didn't crop up until a few months after purchase. Unless it was factory or dealership workers pumping the bass, I'd assume it's just a defective speaker. I played some bass-heavy music and let the service tech hear it when dropping off for the prior catalytic fire recall and they replaced the speaker no questions asked. As with most anything, it's better to wait till easily reproducible at the dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had an annoying vibration in the drivers door panel that is bass related since the day I bought the van last November. I took apart the door panel and traced the rattle down to the motor that raises and lowers the window. What I think is happening, the bass from the speaker is causing the panel that mounts the motor to vibrate on very specific frequencies. It’s very loud and VERY annoying. I managed to cut some of the rattle out by loosening the motor and putting small pieces of towel in between the motor and the panel. It still rattles a little though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had an annoying vibration in the drivers door panel that is bass related since the day I bought the van last November. I took apart the door panel and traced the rattle down to the motor that raises and lowers the window. What I think is happening, the bass from the speaker is causing the panel that mounts the motor to vibrate on very specific frequencies. It’s very loud and VERY annoying. I managed to cut some of the rattle out by loosening the motor and putting small pieces of towel in between the motor and the panel. It still rattles a little though.
This is exactly it. I've had the rattle in my driver's side door and couldn't get rid of it even after messing with the equalizer. The 6x9 speaker acts as a subwoofer with a very low frequency. If you lower the window the slightest amount, the rattle stops. I ended up just disconnecting this speaker altogether....I can't tell the difference in the sound quality with this speaker disconnected, as the other 5 6x9 speakers in the vehicle handle the bass just fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Anyone else?
Yes. I bought 2018 leftover limited model with 20 speaker package and my driver door started rattling today. Seems to stop with window lowered. When I press in center of door it dampens. Unrelated, I have little blue phone button thing that blinks blue sometimes for no reason next to steering column on left. Hear a rattle in rear passenger stow n go seat as well somewhere. Pretty frustrated. 6 weeks old! And I have three young children I don’t even blast the base. Most it was turned up was 15 and bass 1 notch above center.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Anyone else?
Yes have the very same issues. Noticed it first day. Need to take to dealer, 2019 Limited, every option except block heater.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts