2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2021 Pacifica. Operationally running well. However the driver information screen is locked on digital speed. It will not not scroll up or down to alert about oil life, oil temp, tire pressure, etc. It worked on delivery day but this happened within days, 400 total miles. Dealers tech thought the problem was the rear back up camera, even though it was operational, and replaced the camera and the problem still persists. Wondering if it is a wiring issue, a switch issue, a circuit board issue or something else? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
Just purchased 2021 Pacifica. Operationally running well. However the driver information screen is locked on digital speed. It will not not scroll up or down to alert about oil life, oil temp, tire pressure, etc. It worked on delivery day but this happened within days, 400 total miles. Dealers tech thought the problem was the rear back up camera, even though it was operational, and replaced the camera and the problem still persists. Wondering if it is a wiring issue, a switch issue, a circuit board issue or something else? Thanks
I'd first suspect an issue with the buttons on the steering wheel. Make sure none of the buttons on the left side is stuck down. I'd think their diagnostic tool should be able to test those buttons too. Does the cruise control (the buttons on the right side) still work?

The dealership should know better, but If the steering wheel buttons check out fine, try temporarily pulling fuse F66 (15A, Instrument Panel Cluster /SGW) to see if that fixes the cluster. If not, try pulling fuse F78 (15A) along with it. The F78 fuse has three prongs because it protects two circuits (Transmission Control Module (TCM)/ E-Shifter and Instrument Cluster) that share the same power source.

So the controls of the wheel don’t work ? Do any of the whee controls work besides the scroll feature ?
They probably can't tell whether or not the other buttons work if it's stuck on the digital speedometer screen. The left, right, and OK buttons don't do anything on that screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the controls of the wheel don’t work ? Do any of the whee controls work besides the scroll feature ?
The controls on the right side, cruise etc., as best as I remember all work. The cruise was operational no problems. Re: stuck button on the left side, I have tried them various times and they did not appear to be stuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The controls on the right side, cruise etc., as best as I remember all work. The cruise was operational no problems. Re: stuck button on the left side, I have tried them various times and they did not appear to be stuck.
FYI they found the backup camera and the wire harness through the D pillar was defective. The harness had 1 wire corroded and the entire light assembly needed replacing and now it is operational. Thanks for your thoughts and help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts