2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my 2017 Pacifica was in getting a new transmission on the house ( I researched and was fully aware of the Z9 hazards, but that front to back glass roof did me in so we bought despite my tranny apprehensions) I had a loaner Pacifica that had a feature I really liked:

....when you shut the car off, the driver seat slides back

...when you start the vehicle, the seat slides you forward

My '17 Ltd. does not do that. Question:

....is that a separate option?

...should mine be doing that and it is malfunctioning?

....is there a control to turn that seat behavior on and off?

...if my van does not have it, do you think it might be possible to retrofit my '17 with the retractable option?

Thanks,

·
Registered
218 Posts
In general some Comfort packages may include that feature. If you have it, there should be a setting able to uncheck the option. Usually around Proximity Entry or Auto-On features.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
92 Posts
Yeah, it's an option in the menu on mine, I think it's in the same spot as auto-heat. My wife didn't like it as she had a hard time reaching the brake pedal to start the car when it was fully retracted

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the option is called "easy exit" ? Pretty sure your 2017 limited should do that.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Check your easy exit settings , also it’s not a zf tranny as fca manufacturers that transmission themselves in-house .

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,055 Posts
From the owner's manual. "Easy Entry/Exit Seat (Available With Memory Seat Only)" So if you do not have the memory seats, you do not have the easy entry/exit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Check your easy exit settings , also it’s not a zf tranny as fca manufacturers that transmission themselves in-house .
That is incorrect. The transmission in the Pacifica is the ZF 9 speed, its not an FCA manufactured transmission.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
That is incorrect. The transmission in the Pacifica is the ZF 9 speed, its not an FCA manufactured transmission.
In fact, the ZF9 is manufactured by Chrysler under a license agreement with ZF.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In fact, the ZF9 is manufactured by Chrysler under a license agreement with ZF.
But it is in fact a ZF transmission, it is not an FCA developed transmission as the post I responded to said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts