2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't know that the car sits and warns you constantly. I came home, left the van running, as all the neighbors were getting in so we could all go eat. I went in the house to change into shorts, left the key fob in the pants at home. We drove 12 miles away and was not until I got to the restaurant and parked did I realize I left the fob at home. I think when I got out to lock it. So, we had to wait an hour for another neighbor to come home to get my fob and bring to me. If it had been beeping inside and flashing a message when I had gotten it, I would have gone back in the house to get the fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello...not sure if this forum is still active. I have a 2017 pacifica and it recently started making me push the fob into the starter to start the engine. Never used to have to do that. Kind of annoying. Also, it has been saying that the fob has left the vehicle (beeping alarm) when I do drop offs or pick up with the kids. Also annoying because the fob hasn't moved from my cup holder. Is it the battery? TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello...not sure if this forum is still active. I have a 2017 pacifica and it recently started making me push the fob into the starter to start the engine. Never used to have to do that. Kind of annoying. Also, it has been saying that the fob has left the vehicle (beeping alarm) when I do drop offs or pick up with the kids. Also annoying because the fob hasn't moved from my cup holder. Is it the battery? TIA
Hi. I am having the same problem! I started out of no where in mid December with my 2017 Pacifica. Whenever I drop off or pick up my kids at school as soon as the passenger side door opens I get the message that the "Key Fob Has Left the Vehicle". Um, no, it's in the cup holder. Dealer changed out all of the key fob batteries (3 fobs) and claims they checked the transceiver. Told me to use each fob for a week and log what happened. Still having problems. Dealer has agreed to look at it again and open a Star report with Chrysler. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi. I am having the same problem! I started out of no where in mid December with my 2017 Pacifica. Whenever I drop off or pick up my kids at school as soon as the passenger side door opens I get the message that the "Key Fob Has Left the Vehicle". Um, no, it's in the cup holder. Dealer changed out all of the key fob batteries (3 fobs) and claims they checked the transceiver. Told me to use each fob for a week and log what happened. Still having problems. Dealer has agreed to look at it again and open a Star report with Chrysler. Anyone else having this issue?
Looks like a faulty door sensor caused similar problems for @davehone. See posts 1 & 9 of the following thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recommend changing the batteries in the FOB yourself - I have very little faith in dealers, and unless you watched them very carefully, you don't know that they actually changed the batteries ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Regarding Horn Honking: I own an ICE(Gas) version and I routinely leave the vehicle while it is running:
  1. When running into Dunkin' to grab my pre-ordered coffee in the a.m. while my car is still warming up in 10° weather.
  2. When running into convenient store or other store while wife WAITS in the car.
For the first type of scenario, I take the FOB with me since I am alone. Nobody in the car to hear the annoying, repetitive chime.

For the latter, I leave the FOB in the car so wife can stay warm and keep listening to music WITHOUT the annoyance of chime warnings.

I would HATE if it got switched-over to an annoying car-horn HONK every time I did it... but maybe that's just me. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend changing the batteries in the FOB yourself - I have very little faith in dealers, and unless you watched them very carefully, you don't know that they actually changed the batteries ;)
I actually watched them change out all of the batteries the SECOND time that I went to the dealership. I suspect they did that so that I couldn't say later that I didn't actually see them do it. The moderators here sent me to another thread about a "faulty door sensor". After reading all of the posts it really sounds like what is going on with my Pacifica.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad you saw them change the batteries, that can be ruled out. And I'm also against the horn honking when the fob leaves the vehicle - I love that both the Pacifica and my Jeep allow you to lock the doors with the fob while running if you need to run in somewhere and leave the engine running.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts